"The Dark Knight" 2008 !!!!!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If it was HD-DVD we'd have full HD extras and interactive content with 2 discs and it would still cost standard price....:monkey3

Anyways, really looking forward to this film, whens the next trailer? Speed Racer, right?

Rumor is April 1st. Get it? Joker. April Fools Day. Of course, then again, it IS April Fools Day. March 26 something should happen with IBIHD.com at noon, so possibly voting, and eventually a Harvey focused trailer?

Rumors circulating right now at the permier super-hero genre sites are all putting the date in and around the first week of April, and the likely date seems to be April 1 (with the aforementioned connection to April Fool's Day quite obvious). This trailer is going to center upon Bruce and Harvey, which Nolan has stated is the primary storyline with the Joker said to be the chaotic force that cuts right through the plot. April can't come soon enough.

Rumors circulating right now at the permier super-hero genre sites are all putting the date in and around the first week of April, and the likely date seems to be April 1 (with the aforementioned connection to April Fool's Day quite obvious). This trailer is going to center upon Bruce and Harvey, which Nolan has stated is the primary storyline with the Joker said to be the chaotic force that cuts right through the plot. April can't come soon enough.

Interesting. So the more important tale in Dark Knight is the Wayne-Dent relationship, and the Joker is incidental and happens to be what is plaguing Gotham at the time. That'd be good considering Ledger's passing, should mean that writing off the Joker in this film wouldn't be forced.

Exactly. There are several key components to the film, and central is the tragedy of Harvey Dent (see The Long Halloween for not just the paramount example of this, but also for one of the best Batman stories ever told). It is also no longer Batman's origin tale, but the beginning of Batman as a true detective; at the same time, the Batman needs crime to fight, and that crime is in the apparently reactionary element of the Joker. The Joker delights in the chaotic and looks to tear down the foundations of the world around him, purely for the sake of his own amusement. It's this seemingly irrational motivation which makes him so difficult for Batman to grasp, and precisely what makes him so hard for Batman to catch - because his actions defy Batsy's comprehension.

To put it best, I think Harvey genuinely wants to clean up Gotham and get rid of the mob that has crippled it for so long; and constantly hampering that effort is the Joker, who enters the picture and redefines how Gotham, a city already riddled with vice, understands true crime.

I just had a thought. Andy works for DC now right? He has sculpted some of the DC Direct 13" figures. He didn't happen to sculpt the 13" Movie Joker did he? That would explain why the headsculpt is surprisingly good. Anyone know?

I just had a thought. Andy works for DC now right? He has sculpted some of the DC Direct 13" figures. He didn't happen to sculpt the 13" Movie Joker did he? That would explain why the headsculpt is surprisingly good. Anyone know?

Ooh, good call, it's possible he may have done the bust, he did Serpentor for Palisades.

The only problem is DCD's painting isn't the best so I think these Joker items actually look a lot better than they already do because of the poor painting.

The joker's face is a scan, Andy worked on the hair though.

I have a question, gents. If you had a choice between the new Joker statue or the 1:6 figure, which would you choose? I'm up in the air between them at the moment.

At any rate, here's a picture of some IBIHD materials that were FedExed to a member of ibelieveinharveydent.com.
IBIHD.jpg

And here are production shots of the DC Direct products. First is the Joker bust.
jokerbust-1.jpg

And here is a production shot of the 10" statue. I noticed that all the released shots of the painted statue have the closed lips, while these shots have the open-mouthed grin.
Jokerstatue-1.jpg

Let me know which you guys think is more purchase-worthy: the 10" statue, or the 13" figure.

Last edited:
Jokerstatue-1.jpg

Talk about a transformation. With the makeup on, I really struggle to see Heath Ledger in most of the shots of Joker, but here without the makeup, just the scars, you see how little of a departure from him it is and really it's just white, red and black makeup used powerfully.

I'm going to at least one of the I Believe In Harvey Dent rallies here in Atlanta on Thursday. I'll see if I can grab some extra swag for folks.

I'm going to at least one of the I Believe In Harvey Dent rallies here in Atlanta on Thursday. I'll see if I can grab some extra swag for folks.

That would be great, Irish. Let me know if you snag any size small shirts or some of those awesome badges...:monkey3

I have a question, gents. If you had a choice between the new Joker statue or the 1:6 figure, which would you choose? I'm up in the air between them at the moment.

At any rate, here's a picture of some IBIHD materials that were FedExed to a member of ibelieveinharveydent.com.
IBIHD.jpg

And here are production shots of the DC Direct products. First is the Joker bust.
jokerbust-1.jpg

And here is a production shot of the 10" statue. I noticed that all the released shots of the painted statue have the closed lips, while these shots have the open-mouthed grin.
Jokerstatue-1.jpg

Let me know which you guys think is more purchase-worthy: the 10" statue, or the 13" figure.

I wish I would get some of that stuff in the mail since there isn't a Dentmobile in my state or 5 of my surrounding states (Colorado has one, but they don't count). I stated that is my latest submition (just my car with a Harvey "Bumper sticker") so hopefully they take see that and send me some swag.

Personally, I would go with the 13" figure. If the statue had that head, it would be much better. Surprisingly there really isn't really anything showing the Joker smiling yet (a quick one in the prologue).

Speaking of which, anybody know if the Prologue is on the I am Legend DVD that came out today?

It's not. Because if it was it would be on a bunch of sites I visit.

The Begins Blueray is supposed to have it.

That would be, to coin a word, awesometastic. I think I'll go with the 13" figure and see if the statue warrants picking up in the future.

It's not. Because if it was it would be on a bunch of sites I visit.

The Begins Blueray is supposed to have it.

Hmmm. Interesting. Did we ever find out if it is completely seperate from the Dark Knight or if it is just the first 7 minutes of it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back