"The Dark Knight" 2008 !!!!!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Went to one of the local Harvey Dent rallies during my lunch break. It was on the Georgia Tech campus. Pretty fun! I only managed to get 1 t-shirt, but got several bumper stickers and signs and a couple of extra buttons.

I'm going to another rally this afternoon. I'll see what I can grab there. :rock

Very cool. Grab as much as you can! I'd really love to have a set of what they are handing out at those stops.

Thought I'd share this, I think it's the biggest image of this figure so far.

batdkf1.jpg

Thought I'd share this, I think it's the biggest image of this figure so far.

batdkf1.jpg

I'm still on the fence about this figure. The Joker seems like a sure thing, but I'm going to have to hold out for better pictures of Bats to see if it's a swing and a miss.

Picked up a Harvey Dent vandalized shirt today. They are only making 2000, so for a shirt thats insanely low number. My Hot Topic only got in one XL and one 2XL, only 2 freakin shirts, thats crazy.

Having once owned the DCD Begins figure, and now owning the Takara begins, I can say, for what they cost, the DCD TDK Batman looks no more better than the Begins one. It looked ok, but overall it felt way overpriced. I bought it figuring it would be higher end like Sideshow since it was for about the same price, but it just felt very cheap and useless, poor articulation and everything. Hot Toys or Takara would be the way to go if either produces a TDK bats.

Having once owned the DCD Begins figure, and now owning the Takara begins, I can say, for what they cost, the DCD TDK Batman looks no more better than the Begins one. It looked ok, but overall it felt way overpriced. I bought it figuring it would be higher end like Sideshow since it was for about the same price, but it just felt very cheap and useless, poor articulation and everything. Hot Toys or Takara would be the way to go if either produces a TDK bats.

In my nightmares, neither Hot Toys or Takara will produce a TDk figure and we're stuck with the DCD offering. :lol

I also had the DCD BB figure and I agree with everything MF said. It shocked me how quaint and cheap feeling it was, especially when I thought about the money I paid for it ($70). However, I think their TDK figure looks decent...so far. We have to see more pics first. The Joker looks great, which is a bit of a surprise, although it's too bad about the scale.

Well I bring up the DVD Begins figure because looking at the TDK figure, the arms suggest the same useless design as the Begins, which was the big hurting factor for me. If the arms had been pretty poseable, the legs wouldn't have been a huge deal, but the arms seemed worse than Hasbro's $20 12" figures, which is bad for a "high end" figure. Joker looks great though, I may pick that one up.

Have my medium vandalized IBIHD shirt on hold for me! :D That just made my day, but thought I'd throw in that the DCD Joker is worth it in terms of accessories alone, not to mention that stunning likeness. Three knives, three sets of hands, a handgun with removable clip, and the prologue bank robbery mask! Even if HT were to come out with one, I might pose this one with the mask and gun to match.

I got my Gotham City Voter registration card today. Unfortunately my voter card was stolen! I've heard many other people on others boards with the same problem. It could possible be on purpose (to show Gotham's corruption). Either way, I sent it my pic of my card and the "we care" damage control envelope from the post office to I Believe in Harvey Dent. Well they already accepted it and said I should expect to see a NEW card in the mail soon! :D

I got my Gotham City Voter registration card today. Unfortunately my voter card was stolen! I've heard many other people on others boards with the same problem. It could possible be on purpose (to show Gotham's corruption). Either way, I sent it my pic of my card and the "we care" damage control envelope from the post office to I Believe in Harvey Dent. Well they already accepted it and said I should expect to see a NEW card in the mail soon! :D

You guys have mail on Good Friday :confused:

Wow, it was cold as ice out there today. My face and hands went numb. For a couple minutes after I got into the car, my face was 'jokerized'. :D

Went to Hot Topic in the mall, they only had an XL of the vandalized T (which my mom bought for herself).

A couple months ago I got the Joker shirt at Hot Topic that just has the Joker's face (Heath) on the front.

Don't think these have been posted here.

5.jpg

4.jpg

These are better quality than I've seen.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Last edited:
My Grandmother gave me an early Easter present today. BOTH of the I Belive in Harvey Dent shirts from Hot Topic. So now I've got all 4 of the Hot Topic Dark Knight shirts. :chew

Maulfan, those pics aren't working.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back