"The Dark Knight" 2008 !!!!!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well that explains the figure being released... it's been rather cryptic until now.

Well Mattel said they were going to tone the Joker down for the "kids" line, but keep the realistic looking Joker for the "collector's" line. But yeah, it does make sense to base it off of the artwork for these (and maybe others?) comics.

Got my Dent goodies, today.

257424064_867435958_0.jpeg

If anyone has any of the first, original Gotham Times, let me know. I'd love to buy or trade for one (or two) to frame! It would be much appreciated!! :)

Yeah, apparently ther are variants of all this stuff, too (except the paper). I want one of the "IBIHD" buttons, in particular.

Yeah, apparently ther are variants of all this stuff, too (except the paper). I want one of the "IBIHD" buttons, in particular.

I know! I think the people that live close to those Dentmobile stops were so lucky! I know somebody here went/was going to one. Maybe they have some extras?

Well Mattel said they were going to tone the Joker down for the "kids" line, but keep the realistic looking Joker for the "collector's" line. But yeah, it does make sense to base it off of the artwork for these (and maybe others?) comics.

True, though I still think it demeans the very nature of the character to try to tone him down in any way, if that was there intent. That being said, I like the animated version's look regardless and don't get the watered-down feel at all. It reminds me of a Batman-esque version of the POTC, LOTR, and SW animaquettes in a way. If this is some manner of preview for a short movie-related comic run with this artwork (aside from the brief preview), I can't wait to see more.

They didn't "water-down" Venom at all, and when you think about it he is kinda scary for kids. I do agree that the Joker will probably be more intense than Venom by a long shot.

Although I know it wouldn't happen, but I'd love to see the Dark Knight be rated R just to show just how dark and twisted the Joker is. I think somebody getting a smile carved into their face like the ear cutting scene of Reservoir Dogs would be cool. Anyway, IMO, The Joker is R rated, if not "unrated" at his Best/Worst.

They didn't "water-down" Venom at all, and when you think about it he is kinda scary for kids. I do agree that the Joker will probably be more intense than Venom by a long shot.

Although I know it wouldn't happen, but I'd love to see the Dark Knight be rated R just to show just how dark and twisted the Joker is. I think somebody getting a smile carved into their face like the ear cutting scene of Reservoir Dogs would be cool. Anyway, IMO, The Joker is R rated, if not "unrated" at his Best/Worst.

A R-rated Batman would kick A$$! It would be cool to see the joker super dark and scary.

How are people getting the voting card?

Also anyone have any of the first newspaper they'd like to trade?

My mom has 2 left of the second, plus I'll be getting a packet in the mail.

Here's my photo. :cool:

main_b4fc1341c5a.jpg

:D

How are people getting the voting card?

Also anyone have any of the first newspaper they'd like to trade?

My mom has 2 left of the second, plus I'll be getting a packet in the mail.

Here's my photo. :cool:

main_b4fc1341c5a.jpg

:D

If you sent in to IBIHD before the site changed, then you should get BOTH a registration card and a large envelope with the newspapers, stickers, etc. My card was missing from the whole "envelope" they sent me. Somebody had ripped it off at the bottom. MANY people's have been like this, speculation is that it is on purpose to show the corruption of Gotham and to "prevent" us from Voting for Dent.

I send a pic of my damaged card in and they said they would send me a new one. I think they come from different places because the packages all seem to come within a few days of eachother, whereas the card can take 2 weeks to get to ya. So who knows?

So, what do you got to trade? :monkey3

Well I was going to trade the 2nd volume for the first, but you already have it don't you?

I don't know. You don't have any buttons do you? I could see if I have any extras, but I'll have to wait for the package (which could be any day now).

i dont think the joker is watered down in this movie... i saw a pic of the shooting of the movie.it had a man dressed in a terrible mashed up batman suit hanging from a street lamp.. by the neck.

joker display of his hatred of batman maybe..so i guess well be seeing plenty of that in the movie..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back