"The Dark Knight" 2008 !!!!!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Batty said:
That has to be one of the best descriptions I've ever read! :rotfl

I think Nolan is looking to place a real actress in the roll that won't be a distraction because of her looks. Or because of her insane boyfriend/husband.

Thanks Batty, would you believe some people actually pay me for stuff like that? You don't have to. :lol Anyway, like I said Maggie is an excellent actress and I trust Chris, he's tested her of course... all I can think of is there must be heavier scenes to deal with and he's convinced she can hit the right notes, more important in the end I guess, no weak link in the cast now, this is gonna be fun...

The only reason I don't like Ledger as playing the joker is that he is a carbon copy clone of my cousin. He looks just like him, and I don't like the idea of my cousin playing the joker.......don't even get me started on Brokeback Mountain.................................................................................................................................

congerking said:
Did Gyllenhaal dress up like a cowboy?

That must be it. Heard it was a love story. Maybe a girl has to dress up like a cowboy to escape Indians...? Falls in love with a real cowboy...? Not sure. Never saw it. :monkey3

First leaked pic of Heath Ledger posted on slashfilm.com

heathjoker1.jpg

"Speculation has been running wild on what Heath Ledger will look like as The Joker, in Christopher Nolan’s Batman Begins sequel, The Dark Knight. picktaker1975 caught the actor on set, and took a few photos from afar. Sure, you can’t see much but we do see some make-up and the neon green hair. Some people had speculated that Nolan’s Joker would be darker, with less colorful hair and make-up. But so far, that appears to be untrue. Too bad, I was actually hoping for a darker look. A couple more photos after the jump. As always, click to enlarge. The Dark Knight will hit theaters on July 18th 2008"

Cool picture. I've heard that Joker will be scarred. It would be interesting if his "smile" were scars that extended the look of his mouth and scars near his eyes for the "diamond" look some clowns have. Then give him greyish, discolored skin and the green hair and you've got a creepy Joker.

Memnoch21 said:
Cool picture. I've heard that Joker will be scarred. It would be interesting if his "smile" were scars that extended the look of his mouth and scars near his eyes for the "diamond" look some clowns have. Then give him greyish, discolored skin and the green hair and you've got a creepy Joker.

I just saw Pan's Labyrinth the other day and when that Spanish Captain gets his mouth slit open that reminded so much of the Joker. I could definately see something like that. Heck, I could see Batman cutting one side of his mouth with a Batarang and the Joker liking it and cutting the otherside himself.

That pic isn't the greatest. Can't even tell if it is Heath or not. Nolan did BB great so I don't have any doubts about DK. Can't wait to see Two-Face for Batman 3 (well most likely anyway).

I hope Nolan plans to set Harvey Dent up in TDK and then give us the villain proper in the third film.

Two Face is one of my favourite characters but the Tommy Lee Jones portrayal in Batman Forever did him no justice at all.

There wasn't even much duality in his character, he was just portrayed as a thug right up until the end and Nolan could do a better job.

I think if that is a shot of Heath as the Joker, he'll look great and I'm confident this franchise will run for a while if the right people are behind it.

closeup2.jpg

Slightly better, I'm sure a clear one will be out soon.

I have all the faith in world in CN, he will do TDK proud once again. Jabba I agree with you on Two-Face, he needs to be properly portrayed in the next film. Like you said the character has a duality to him and depth that can translate well in these films and it should provide a great story.

Yeah making the first film about Batman, the second about Joker and the third about Two Face would work well IMO.

I kinda like the one major villain per movie idea that Sam Raimi used in the 1st and 2nd installements of the Spider-Man franchise.

Of course that's all gone to hell with number 3:lol

But 1 villain per movie allows that bad guy time to shine as a fully developed character, multi villains killed the original Bat franchise.

That and rubber bat nipples on the costume didn't help:D

From what I can see, I like it so far. The way the hair looks...for some reason I find myself reminded of genre vet Brad Dourif.

I hope the smile is the result of scarring because it would add a very real-world touch to the character. Something along the lines of the aftermath of the Carver attacks on the FX show "Nip/Tuck" would work here. The hair can always be explained as hair dye, and the white skin as actual theatrical paint the Joker has applied to himself. Considering the Joker is deeply psychotic, it would be very cool yet creepy to have the scarred smile inspire him to take on the full appearance of a clown.

He doesn't look to have his make up on in that shot, just the hair, can't tell much of anything really.

If the Joker is going to be all scarred up.. just imagine Two Face getting hit with that acid. All I can say is that I hope WB sees how happy everyone is with Nolans take on Batman and doesn't do anything to try and change it should a new director come in after the third film.

Batty said:
All I know is we better get a HT Joker when this comes out!

I'm hoping for some kick ass 1/6 scale figures from Medicom, Takara and Hot Toys when this movie comes out.

There's a new batsuit so we should at least get the new style of Batman but hopefully we'll get a Joker figure as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back