Jazzinc Dioramas 1/6 Ultimate Catwoman (Batman Returns, 1992)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which three of these four should be part of the Clean DX set?

• Total voters
Just got to see how the final product turns out. The Penguin while having a major downgrade is actually quite a decent figure so hoping it's a case of history repeating šŸ˜
Yeah I'm actually good with my eternal penguin,so I hear ya on that.

Hmmmmm there's a lot going on here that has me scratching my head, not least of which is how confusing the various product tiers are and that they're not accurately reflected in the photography.

We're getting movable eyes, which is excellent. But, half the purpose of movable eyes was so the lower face could have been swappable mouth plates, allowing for more expressions and looks without the added cost of multiple full heads. But instead, it's still three unique full heads. The cost as a result is almost $500 per figure just to get multiple expressions. And for both basic versions, the one included head in my opinion is the least interesting of the three included with the DX versions.

Movable eyes will require all new sculpts and it'll be critical that the tolerances between the lids and the eyes look good, and we don't get to see those before pre-orders open. Ditto for the custom seamless body which I believe last I heard isn't reflected in these photos?

The diorama backdrop being only available with a $950 two-pack is pretty wild.

Just a whole lot of choices that seem to make the already-costly basic versions less desirable and the deluxe versions much more costly. I just don't see any reason why this couldn't have been swappable mouth plates with one figure for significantly less than $450.

View attachment 732700

1) moveable eyes do not mean full resculpts
2) mouth plates add quite a lot of cost and complexity and the savings were not as big as you might think
3) MANY people complained that we put the diorama back ground in the DX, putting the extra sculpts 'behind a paywall' of stuff that is mostly not used (most people do not use dioramas), so we took it out and only put it in the two pack

Did they say when these should ship out next year? 12 months from now or what?

Last edited:
This will feature a magnetic base and heels,
we all know InArtā€™s experience with them.
3D printed fixed claws is asking for permanent breakage. Whatā€™s to catch Pfeiffer if she were to fall on your shelf? Her clawed hands or sculpt, or both.

The splayed whip has to add a bit of weight helping to knock her balance a bit in those.
A clear pole option is must

I may not bother at all. The basic is too basic and the jump to deluxe is quite a bit, considering I'd keep the other heads in the box, which means all that extra money to show a couple of cats, a newspaper and a rolled up whip.

I may not bother at all. The basic is too basic and the jump to deluxe is quite a bit, considering I'd keep the other heads in the box, which means all that extra money to show a couple of cats, a newspaper and a rolled up whip.
If I weren't content with the basic clean sculpt this is probably exactly how I'd feel about it as well.

My interest went from zero, to mildly curious, and thankfully back to zero.

What I see when I look at any Pfeiffer Catwoman is a figure you daren't pose much beyond a suit protecting museum stance. Since this has a seamless body you'll have to protect the limb joints from cracking too.

Whether it's true for the Jazzinc or not, in my mind a Pfeiffer Catwoman would need to be cheap due to the expectation of its ephemeral nature, rather than something so over engineered. (Though the sculpts and other hard accessories could be harvested when the time comes).

I've always felt the same with any figures wearing pleather jackets or trousers - they effectively become statues in the collection owing to the limited poses I risk leaving them in.

(I edited the thread title back to what it was originally. Solidus changed it to draw attention to the sculpt voting, which is no longer applicable, and Solidus no longer being a mod can't change it himself).

Back