Your Ultimate Anthony Hopkins figure?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dr.Mirakle32

Super Freak
Reaction score
Since Hot Toys hit a home run with old Anthony Hopkins' likeness as Odin, it got me thinking. An actor as prolific as Hopkins has played several eccentric roles over his long career, spanning from historical figures, to literary characters to horror icons.

If Hot Toys (or any company) were to make one definitive, high quality 12" figure of Hopkins from any film, which would you choose?

I'd probably go with Van Helsing from Bram Stoker's Dracula, a fantastic, over-the-top performance from a modern classic. Great Victorian look too.

A Lecter Hot Toys would be such an epic success and a wanted figure by MANY, whether you collect 1/6th scale toys, or not.

Lecter, blue overalls, orange overalls, white tshirt and pants.

Cell enviroment because it would look perfect behind the glass of a detolf, drawings, police club, mask and transport cart.

Agree with Buttmunch. Hopefully Hot toys sees a market and profit in Hannibal enough to do that and not always try and cash in on crap licenses like Tron. Aside from big moves or superhero type stuff they shy away from more obsure licenses and characters. Not that Hannibal is not wildly popular. He's not the Godfaher but hes got to be close.

But bootleggers should eat this up anyway... Art figures? They would be perfect actually.

It will be interesting to see where Art figures goes from here since the Punisher was so much more successful than their previous two figures.

Obviously it would have nothing on a Hot Toys version, but didn't Medicom produce a Lecter a few years back?

And I know I'm in the minority, but I would take Van Helsing, Zorro and even John Talbot over Hannibal. I love SOTL, and enjoy the sequels, but Hannibal himself isn't that visually striking.

Plus I'd take Bram Stoker's Dracula as a film over Silence any day of the week.

And I know I'm in the minority, but I would take Van Helsing, Zorro and even John Talbot over Hannibal. I love SOTL, and enjoy the sequels, but Hannibal himself isn't that visually striking.

Plus I'd take Bram Stoker's Dracula as a film over Silence any day of the week.

That is where you are wrong sir. He has one of the most chilling introductions in a film and he doesn't even move to do it. What makes his performance so memorable is that he is visually striking. Not in the wild costume or over the topness some characters have, but he is visually striking nonetheless. Its the eyes.

I saw Brian Cox as Lector first so Hopkins didn't really blow my mind in the role. I do prefer Hopkins portrayal, but having seen someone else play the role before him I guess took away from it a bit.

Back