1/4 Alien egg.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darth_Pain

Super Freak
Reaction score
I've been wanting a few Alien eggs to set around my 1/4 Queen bust but, they are all $100 or more. So, I had a go at making my own. It's about 7" tall.
Without the flash I could get it to show up much at all. I'll get some pics next to my Queen after I move in to my new place. She's all packed up at the moment.
I plan on making a few more in different stages. Some open and some more like this one. I'm just not very confident in making a Facehugger so, if anyone knows of a good 1/4 hugger please let me know where I can find them.
DSC00655-1.jpg

DSC00666.jpg

DSC00658.jpg

Last edited:
Nice, looks great. How did you make it? Do you plan on sealing some of them? I was hoping to get a few for my 1/4 Alien Warrior Maquette but like you said they are well over $100.

Thanks. I used Super Sculpey.
I might try casting the next one I make but, it'll depend on the costs.

Arent the attakus eggs 1/4 scale? I forget, and mine is boxed up at the moment. That would solve your facehugger issue (theirs is fantastic).

I think they are 1/4 but, the bigger issue is that they go for $200+.
This egg cost me about $8 to make. :D
I'll have a go at sculpting a hugger when the time comes.

Thanks guys!

Do you think the hieght is right for a 1/4 scaled egg? I'd say it's about 6.5 inches tall without the base.

Thanks guys!

Do you think the heigth is right for a 1/4 scaled egg? I'd say it's about 6.5 inches tall without the base.

Well, 6.5 X 4 = 26inches (2ft 2 inches, or 66cm for metric-users ;) )

Giger said in his book ('Gigers Alien' pg 46 for you non-believers!) the eggs (all 130 of them) were 2ft 7.5in (80 cm).

So technically, a 1/4 egg would be 8in (20cm). so you are just a smidgen short, but I dont think anyone is going to notice or point that out in your setup. ;)

Did Giger happen to say the width of them out of curiousity?

He doesnt say it, but through the wonders of math and scaling on side profile pics, we come with a width of exactly 22.5in (57cm). :lecture

This is all of course ONLY in regards to the eggs featured in 'Alien'. I dont know about the other Alien films, and definitely NOT the little "mini-eggs" seen in the AVPs. :)

A 1/1 project might not be a bad idea... :naughty

Well, 6.5 X 4 = 26inches (2ft 2 inches, or 66cm for metric-users ;) )

Giger said in his book ('Gigers Alien' pg 46 for you non-believers!) the eggs (all 130 of them) were 2ft 7.5in (80 cm).

So technically, a 1/4 egg would be 8in (20cm). so you are just a smidgen short, but I dont think anyone is going to notice or point that out in your setup. ;)

Cool thanks!
After baking it I've had the feeling like it was too small. The next ones I'll make bigger and call this one the runt.:slap

My 3rd egg. Still a WIP.
DSC00878.jpg

With the Palisades egg. I just reecieved the Palisades piece. I have to say I'm not very impressed. The fachugger and the base look good. That's about it.
Mine are 1/4. The Palisades is a little bigger . 1/3rd I suppose.
DSC00892.jpg

Back