Hot Toys 1992 Batman Returns 2.0

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really llike the figure in terms of shelf presence and rendering, but it's as limited as the first time around; it's only suitable for a museum pose with the glider being wasted on their design. I'm surprised they're showing it off given how goofy it looks.

I have this bloody Keaton head...where is it from?

Attachments

• IMG_20240921_092011570.jpg
    IMG_20240921_092011570.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20240921_092043304.jpg
    IMG_20240921_092043304.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 0
i think it's the Ace Toys sculpt, customized with blood paint..
Ok.....I always thought it was a hot toys head sculpt. Never looked into it that much, assumed it was for a Batman Returns figure.

I was probably meant to mimick this. Purchased years ago before I got into 1/6...just dipping my toes I guess back then.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-09-21 at 10-01-36 michael-keatons-bloody-batman-suit-teased-for-the-flash-movi...png
    Screenshot 2024-09-21 at 10-01-36 michael-keatons-bloody-batman-suit-teased-for-the-flash-movi...png
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I have this Keaton Sculpt from back in the day has the best likeness for its time imo.
agreed...
I still haven't found a Keaton (89 or 92) sculpt that i like...at least more than this one.
Not the first hot toys, of course, nor the second for the moment, and not even the Mars Toys.
To me, not one of them managed to capture the likeness of Michael Keaton so far..
Maybe there is customs ones...but i don't know.

Always loved this scene with the batmobile. Love the machine gun plates flying off and the guns popping up. Funny how when the car gets back to batman the plates are back on though.
I've worked in film and tv since 2012, but went full-time just a few years ago. As my experience grows I've become more and more forgiving of inconsistencies with stuff like Hot Toys given the lying, cheating, faking, falsifying, forging and lack of continuity on every production I've worked on ever. :ROFLMAO:

Movie magic. :LOL:

I don't see keaton at all in that unmasked sculpt. Something about the hair is off, too. Then again, I haven't seen returns since the '90s, so maybe I'm misremembering haha

It's not great
I think the likeness is stronger in these lower-light photos. The blue of the eyes might be too intense and that comes across in the brighter images, throwing off the likeness. It’s not a perfect sculpt, but I do think it’s the best Keaton sculpt available.
IMG_6564.jpeg

IMG_6584.png

Back