1/6 3R/DID GM655 Generalfeldmarschall Friedrich Paulus

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Asta

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
3r.jpeg

Paulus1.jpg

February 4 1943. Paulus meets with other German generals, captured in Stalingrad. 1. Generalleutnant Alexander Edler von Daniels. 2. Generalleutnant Hans-Heinrich Sixt von Arnim. 3. Generaloberst Walter Heitz. 4. Oberst Wilhelm Adam. 5. Generalfeldmarschall Friedrich Paulus.

https://www.allworldwars.com/Paulus-in-Captivity-NKVD-Files.html

His likeness is very off I barely see it, I think they made his face a little thicker than it should and younger looking.

3R New Product: 1/6 WWII German Sixth Army Marshal: Frederick William Paulus (#GM655)

This time 3R will restore Paulus's true appearance during World War II, with a realistic head sculpture with closed lips and a serious look full of hope for victory in the battle.

In terms of clothing, Paulus wears a green wide-brimmed hat or a winter cold-proof hat to resist the wind and cold, a white shirt, a green uniform and pants, and a brown belt around the waist. In cold weather, a green fur-collared coat can be added on top for warmth. The lapels of the uniform and coat have been improved, and the design is more fitting and beautiful!

We also equipped Paulus with a pair of black leather boots and a pair of winter felt boots, with rich clothing! We equipped Paulus with a telescope to observe the enemy in the distance, goggles, a PPK pistol with a detachable magazine and a dark brown leather holster, as well as many exquisite metal medals, etc. There are many more exquisite accessories that are definitely not to be missed!

GM655 Accessories List
Basic
1 Head Sculpture
2 Body
3 Left Hand X3 + Right Hand X3
Clothing
4 Green Wide Brim Hat
5 Winter Cold-Proof Hat
6 Uniform
7 Breeches
8 White Shirt
9 Lapel Coat
10 Gray Gloves
11 Brown Belt (Leather)
12 White Cotton Pants
13 White Scarf
14 Black Leather Boots
15 Winter Felt Boots (Leather + Cloth)
Accessories
16 Telescope
17 Watch
18 Silver Ring (Metal)
19 Goggles
Weapon
20 PPK Pistol + Gun Bag (Leather)
Badge
21 Collar X1 Pair
22 Shoulder Badge X2 Pair
23 Eagle Mark X1
24 1939 World War I Iron Cross Medal X1 + Eagle Mark X1
25 World War I War Merit Cross Medal X1
26 Collar X1
27 Medal of Honor X1

Some more reference photos that were posted on BBICN:

p1.jpg
p3.jpg
p2.jpg

It's also been pointed out that while he's titled Generalfeldmarschall, the shoulder boards don't match as they're for a Generaloberst.

However, the rank of Generalfeldmarschall was awarded just before he surrendered on the morning of 31 January 1943.

The events of that day were recorded by Colonel Wilhelm Adam, one of Paulus' aides and an adjutant in the XXIII Army Corps, in his personal diary:

January 31, 1943 – 7.00 a.m. It was still dark but day was dawning almost imperceptibly. Paulus was asleep. It was some time before I could break out of the maze of thoughts and strange dreams that depressed me so greatly. But I don't think I remained in this state for very long. I was going to get up quietly when someone knocked at the door. Paulus awoke and sat up. It was the HQ commander. He handed the colonel general a piece of paper and said: 'Congratulations. The rank of field marshal has been conferred upon you. The dispatch came early this morning—it was the last one.'

'One can't help feeling it's an invitation to suicide. However I'm not going to do them such a favour.' said Paulus after reading the dispatch. Schmidt continued: 'At the same time I have to inform you that the Russians are at the door.' with these words he opened the door and a Soviet general and his interpreter entered the room. The general announced that we were his prisoners. I placed my revolver on the table.

'Prepare yourself for departure. We shall be back for you at 9.00. You will go in your personal car.' said the Soviet general through his interpreter. Then they left the room. I had the official seal with me. I prepared for my last official duty. I recorded Paulus's new rank in his military document, stamped it with the seal then threw the seal into the glowing fire.

The main entrance to the cellar was closed and guarded by the Soviet soldiers. An officer, the head of the guards, allowed me and the driver to go out and get the car ready. Climbing out of the cellar, I stood dumbfounded. Soviet and German soldiers, who just a few hours earlier had been shooting at one another, now stood quietly together in the yard. They were all armed, some with weapons in their hands, some with them over their shoulders.

My God, what a contrast between the two sides! The German soldiers, ragged and in light coats, looked like ghosts with hollow, unshaven cheeks. The Red Army fighters looked fresh and wore warm winter uniforms. Involuntarily I remembered the chain of unfortunate events which had prevented me from sleeping for so many nights. The appearance of the Red Army soldiers seemed symbolic. At 9.00 sharp the HQ commander of the 6th Army arrived to take the commander of the vanquished German 6th Army and its staff towards the rear. The march towards the Volga had ended.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Friedrich_Paulus

Back