1/6 Doctor Who Figures - BCS and everything else

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Big Chief Studios - 1/6 Doctor Who - #04 Tom Baker

I think people are just assuming that they'll come with improved paint jobs like the newer figures have. But I checked the post again and BCS haven't actually said anything to that effect. And so far the two things I posted are all they've said about the matter.

From what I've read -- including BCS's own pre-selling pitch for the new Definitive Line -- it sounds like they are just selling more of the same, no improvements, or that surely would have been a selling point and not the pitch for a new, better line.

Anyone expecting these to be improved will likely be disappointed. Save that $200 towards what BCS has stated will be much better figures.

But they'll have to be old stock for them to have the old sub standard paint apps. And a 400 edition per Doctor is a whole lot of old stock that's just being lying around for the past few years...

Yeah I'm not expecting any improvements at all with these rereleases. But if you want a Tom in that outfit this is likely your last chance, since the burgundy outfit is already considered the new "Definitive" version of that Doctor.

But they'll have to be old stock for them to have the old sub standard paint apps. And a 400 edition per Doctor is a whole lot of old stock that's just being lying around for the past few years...

Probably not lying-around stock since BCS said the never fulfilled the edition sizes for those doctors -- meaning they couldn't sell thru and didn't make the full size. With this new sales gag, maybe they can finish the lines since they likely ordered enough materials to do so. Its old materials waiting all this time to be put together again. Even the heads maybe have been painted way back and have just been sitting for years as "parts".

But if there is a new paintjob, I expect the reduced price will give you something comparable to the old heads.

Like they said in their post they never made the whole edition size. So these are not old stock but new figure made for the occasion, by their new factory. The new paint job have been confirmed, on the big chief fan group on Facebook, by Gregg who paint the prototype.

Envoy? de mon SM-A505FN en utilisant Tapatalk

Did he say it would be superior paintwork to the originals too?
Not directly, but new paint job imply that they will be superior. For exemple the 4th doctor will not have the 5 oclock shadow. And being done by the new factory they will be the same quality of recent release.

Alright I went ahead and ordered a Tom. $215 shipped for a long sold out figure like this was just too good to pass up. And if I need to make some extra mods and improvements, then so be it.

I am kinda bummed he doesn't come with the yo-yo though.

Not directly, but new paint job imply that they will be superior. For exemple the 4th doctor will not have the 5 oclock shadow. And being done by the new factory they will be the same quality of recent release.

That's great to here! I'm looking forward to seeing that sculpt with better paint apps...hopefully they'll fix the overall shape of it as well. The original was a tad too narrow looking.

Do you know if they're changing the colour of the coat to a more accurate burgundy brown?

That's great to here! I'm looking forward to seeing that sculpt with better paint apps...hopefully they'll fix the overall shape of it as well. The original was a tad too narrow looking.

Do you know if they're changing the colour of the coat to a more accurate burgundy brown?

If they use the same mold unfortunatly the headsculpt itself will be the same.

As for the clothes it depends. If they use the exact same fabric as before it will have the same color. I don't know if they went the extra step of correcting some mistake like this.

If they use the same mold unfortunatly the headsculpt itself will be the same.

As for the clothes it depends. If they use the exact same fabric as before it will have the same color. I don't know if they went the extra step of correcting some mistake like this.

It shouldn't be hard to make a new mold from the original proto? And a dark brown material would look better on the coat...But maybe i'm asking for too much:)

Still though i'm very much looking forward to seeing the production piece

I hope you are right. As always, we shall see...

Alright I went ahead and ordered a Tom. $215 shipped for a long sold out figure like this was just too good to pass up. And if I need to make some extra mods and improvements, then so be it.

I am kinda bummed he doesn't come with the yo-yo though.

What does he come with? Is there a list of the 4 accessories and 4 hands? Tom is the only one I would consider getting.

There's a long list of stuff he comes with on the website, but I'm not really sure what counts as the "4 accessories". And the pics are all of the original proto, so not sure what 4 hands he comes with either. I'll probably just have to wait and see along with everyone else ordering this.

I just wonder why they chose to exclude the 1st Doctor. Ive been trying to find one of those for awhile.

Back