1/6 Hot Toys - DX23 - The Mandalorian: Luke Skywalker (DELUXE VERSION)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would've agreed and said the same, until Mando s3 reared it's ugly head and was then followed up with the equally disappointing Ahsoka.

Still wonder behind the scenes what happened. Those 2 shows are a pretty far cry from what we got with Mando s1 & s2. Even TCW s7 had its ups and downs. The arc with the sisters was completely pointless and some of the worst filler ever in TCWs 7 seasons. And Bad Batch was the same. Surprisingly I did enjoy the Tales Of The Jedi shorts.

I cancelled D+ last December and haven't even cared about watching the final season 3 of The Bad Batch or Tales Of The Empire.

I still hadn’t watched Mando S3 nor Ahsoka so I can’t comment on that.

But a good friend of mine who also shares the same sentiments as I (i.e. hates the ST), his theory on why M-S3 and Ahsoka suffered is due to the BTS shuffling of execs, the need to connect the 2 shows along with Filoni’s plans on making that Ahsoka movie that ties everything together.

Basically bit off too much. However, I still remain optimistic and the little stumbles along the way were just stumbles.

It has to be.

Filoni and Favreau are literally the only reason why I’m still sticking with this universe post Disney acquisition. If the movie sucks…ugh, I don’t even wanna consider that 😭😭😭

Filoni and Favreau are literally the only reason why I’m still sticking with this universe post Disney acquisition. If the movie sucks…ugh, I don’t even wanna consider that 😭😭😭
That might have been true for The Mandalorian S1-S2 but not currently. Sadly the minute Kathleen Kennedy realized how popular and big SW became because of The Mandalorian and Favreau (more so then Filoni imo) she mandated that moving forward the character had outlived his usefulness, and everything now is trash. The acolyte is living proof that Star Wars has officially died and anything more is like beating a dead horse.

That might have been true for The Mandalorian S1-S2 but not currently. Sadly the minute Kathleen Kennedy realized how popular and big SW became because of The Mandalorian and Favreau (more so then Filoni imo) she mandated that moving forward the character had outlived his usefulness, and everything now is trash. The acolyte is living proof that Star Wars has officially died and anything more is like beating a dead horse.

Wait can you provide more details with regards to Mando outliving his usefulness?

I have a theory as to why anything Lucas created especially with the Skywalkers is purposely being destroyed…but I also want to know what’s going on with Mando?

Wait can you provide more details with regards to Mando outliving his usefulness?

I have a theory as to why anything Lucas created especially with the Skywalkers is purposely being destroyed…but I also want to know what’s going on with Mando?
So S3 of the Mandalorian no longer puts Din as it's main protagonist, sure he is there and the story follows him but the minute that Bo Katan enters the show it now becomes more about her and din is a side character/ sidekick. The story becomes more about her goals and issues then it does Din, and his story. Filoni actually stated in an interview that the Mandalorian could be about any of the characters (minus Boba and now Din) but in this case S3 was more about Bo and the situation with Mandalore then it was about Din and what was next for him.

S3 Suuuucked

The whole tone just fell off, I didn't even mind the Lizzo/JB stuff, they just tried to make too grand a conflict with no real scale, consequence, or depth, just more of the same. I actually sometimes think the show is just Favreau and Filoni playing with their toys and making the story up as they play lol

S3 Suuuucked

The whole tone just fell off, I didn't even mind the Lizzo/JB stuff, they just tried to make too grand a conflict with no real scale, consequence, or depth, just more of the same. I actually sometimes think the show is just Favreau and Filoni playing with their toys and making the story up as they play lol
I think the story of the Mandalorians returning the Mandalore needed to be told, and is positive overall for Star Wars. I just think some of the ways it was done in S3 was just wrong.

The Moff Gideon stuff....maybe it should have been a different threat. The cloning stuff probably wasnt needed. The Dark Saber went from being super important to junk. A lot of these details were done poorly.

The bigger story arch though, the Mandalorians returning, rebuilding, the potential of who the Mythosaur responds to, I think that was pretty cool. It could potentially set up some amazing stories, but Disney will stuff it right up. So it doesnt matter.....so depressing.

Some summertime pictures! I also have no idea which way the background is supposed to be, I'm not sure if it's upside down or not 🤣
Too late to change it though!

IMG_3103.jpeg
IMG_3099.jpeg
IMG_3108.jpeg
IMG_3125.jpeg
IMG_3115.jpeg
IMG_3140.jpeg
IMG_3148.jpeg
uuid=00000000-0000-0000-0000-0000000000D1&library=1&type=1&mode=1&loc=true&cap=true.jpeg
uuid=00000000-0000-0000-0000-0000000000D5&library=1&type=1&mode=1&loc=true&cap=true.jpeg

Back