1/6 Hot Toys - TMS116 - Ahsoka series: Grand Admiral Thrawn

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone else have issues removing the plastic inside the boots?
Took me ages and also was greeted with a broken wrist peg but luckily I plan to only display him with his arms behind his back and I remove the hands for this type of pose.

Took me ages and also was greeted with a broken wrist peg but luckily I plan to only display him with his arms behind his back and I remove the hands for this type of pose.
I ended up pulling one boot off and the other detached at the knee. I was worried I was going to have problems getting either back on properly but I managed to get them both back on without much issue.

I ended up pulling one boot off and the other detached at the knee. I was worried I was going to have problems getting either back on properly but I managed to get them both back on without much issue.
I managed to pull the plastic out of one leg, but it ended up brining the pants up too far so had to spend time tucking that back in.
As I had such a problem with that one, the other leg I just snipped the plastic as close to the boot as I could then tucked the rest down into the boot :ROFLMAO:

I didn't have problems with the boots/pants that I recall. FWIW, Thrawn's hands are sculpted for the behind the back look. One of his hands is in a wide grip so that it can cuff his other other wrist.

PXL_20241024_164003807.jpg
PXL_20241024_162811974.jpg
PXL_20241024_162941457.PORTRAIT.jpg

Yes. I tried sliding one of his boots down to remove the plastic but ended up creating several creases and wrinkles in the boot as a result. The pants on that leg are now slightly bunched up and I can’t get them to go back down. I’m tempted to remove the boot to try and tuck the pants back down but I’m worried I’ll make things worse or possibly break something. At the same time though I would love to replace his boots with boots made of actual leather at some point. My only concern would be a third party boot possibly bleeding onto his pants. Anyway, luckily the other boot is fine, but I could kill myself for clearly not thinking and exercising caution.

Yes. I tried sliding one of his boots down to remove the plastic but ended up creating several creases and wrinkles in the boot as a result. The pants on that leg are now slightly bunched up and I can’t get them to go back down. I’m tempted to remove the boot to try and tuck the pants back down but I’m worried I’ll make things worse or possibly break something. At the same time though I would love to replace his boots with boots made of actual leather at some point. My only concern would be a third party boot possibly bleeding onto his pants. Anyway, luckily the other boot is fine, but I could kill myself for clearly not thinking and exercising caution.
Same thing happend to me with the first boot that I tried to slide down, that's why I ended up just cutting the plastic on the second leg and tucking in any excess.
I've not checked the first boot in a few days since posing him in the display, so I'll have to check if the creases have came out over time.

Back