1/6 Hot Toys -TMS125 - Ahsoka series: Baylan Skoll

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don’t know, I thought the Shin sculpt was great. I don’t think they need to improve it much.
It's mainly just the eyes that need to be bigger. It's her most defining feature so not sure why they didn't try to capture that.

The bangs are pretty weird too, but I can live with that.

FB_IMG_172062028187011.jpg

It's mainly just the eyes that need to be bigger. It's her most defining feature so not sure why they didn't try to capture that.

The bangs are pretty weird too, but I can live with that.

View attachment 732504
I don't know why this exact imaged is used to make the same argument numerous times. It’s not a very flattering angle for the actress or look for a figure.

This figure looks great. Would look good on a shelf with all the other baddies, well the good ones that is. A Dark Side shelf so to speak.

One of the only characters I actually liked in Ahsoka (along with Shin too). Such a shame he won't return, at least not true to form. I doubt they will find a proper actor to replace him as well. Unless of course they don't even revisit him and leave his story arc hanging, never learning what he was up to. Wouldn't put it past them either.

It makes sense for Shin to be the next release to pair with Baylan.

Then get back on track and release Sabine because, well... she naturally pairs with Shin too...

This figure looks great. Would look good on a shelf with all the other baddies, well the good ones that is. A Dark Side shelf so to speak.

One of the only characters I actually liked in Ahsoka (along with Shin too). Such a shame he won't return, at least not true to form. I doubt they will find a proper actor to replace him as well. Unless of course they don't even revisit him and leave his story arc hanging, never learning what he was up to. Wouldn't put it past them either.

Shin is a baddie to be fair.

Hot Toys always had trouble with big eyes. Same point could be made for Mace Windu. It might be an even greater challenge for them now with the moving eyes feature.

It makes sense for Shin to be the next release to pair with Baylan.

Then get back on track and release Sabine because, well... she naturally pairs with Shin too...
Sabine is a 4Q release anyway, isn’t she? Maybe she’s going to be the next release. I’d have to look but I thought she and Chopper were both supposed to release this quarter.

Sabine is a 4Q release anyway, isn’t she? Maybe she’s going to be the next release. I’d have to look but I thought she and Chopper were both supposed to release this quarter.

I have her and Chopper listed as Q3-Q4.

Sabine was the first in the series to go up for pre-order but Hot Toys is doing some odd things lately with their schedule. :unsure:

The others on my pre-order list are:

Hera Q4
Ahsoka the White Q4-Q1 25

Ahsoka Padawan Q1-Q2 25
Shin Q1-Q2 25

Oh cool, the Ray Stevenson figure is releasing.
He'll be the only Star Wars figure I own after recently selling off my last 2, TESB Boba and ROTJ Scout.
I've now got lots of room for all those Terminator, Alien and Predator figures. And Mr Stevenson.

Can’t help but wonder that with news that Filloni confirmed they are recasting Baylan for season 2, HT wanted to prioritize him so they could get the next actor’s version out after this one sold out to avoid cannibalizing sales of the Ray version?
The figure likely would have released before S2 anyway.

Yeah, they don’t start filming season 2 until like May I think. Probably won’t air until December at the absolute earliest, probably 2026. Figure would have been long delivered by then.

Can’t help but wonder that with news that Filloni confirmed they are recasting Baylan for season 2, HT wanted to prioritize him so they could get the next actor’s version out after this one sold out to avoid cannibalizing sales of the Ray version?
I really wish they wouldn't. Ray was too perfect in the role and I don't think we really needed to see the character again.

I really wish they wouldn't. Ray was too perfect in the role and I don't think we really needed to see the character again.
We still don’t really know what Baylan was after so there is certainly a loose thread needing to be resolved. Extremely unfortunate he passed but for the sake of the story they weren’t left with much choice. I’m kinda hoping they skip forward a few years and he’s been out on his own letting his beard and hair get long, not unlike Ezra. The change in appearance might help the actor change go smoother if we’re not as easily able to compare them side by side.

This is a great looking figure. But I am left asking myself if I really want it in my collection. Questions... quesitons.... questions...

This is a great looking figure. But I am left asking myself if I really want it in my collection. Questions... quesitons.... questions...

I’m only getting Baylan and Shin from the Ahsoka show tbh. I’ll keep an eye on Sabine if she ever goes on sale

We still don’t really know what Baylan was after so there is certainly a loose thread needing to be resolved. Extremely unfortunate he passed but for the sake of the story they weren’t left with much choice. I’m kinda hoping they skip forward a few years and he’s been out on his own letting his beard and hair get long, not unlike Ezra. The change in appearance might help the actor change go smoother if we’re not as easily able to compare them side by side.
Yeah he was clearly after something, but it seemed pretty elusive and more of a personal journey, and I didn't get the impression there was some earth-shattering discovery that was going to come out of it.

Back