1/6 Hot Toys - TMS126 - The Clone Wars: Obi-Wan Kenobi (DeathWatch Disguise)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No processing notice here. Do sideshow tend to get their stock in waves for those limited releases or should i expect a notice in the coming hours/days?

Honestly not too sure, they might of gotten all of them or just some? I ordered Padawan Anakin on the first day it went up and I didn’t get a processing notice for him either.

Might be just a crapshoot as always.

I also got my notice, but I just moved yesterday and got IA Batman, and OWK Vader in last week, with multiple coming soon. I emailed SS about hopefully putting this on a plan.

I also got my notice, but I just moved yesterday and got IA Batman, and OWK Vader in last week, with multiple coming soon. I emailed SS about hopefully putting this on a plan.

They should. I actually had the option to put it on a payment plan earlier this morning. Hopefully that option is available to you.

Got mine from Sideshow. Took the head and adapter and put it on a Star Lord body. Much better now.
IMG_5534.jpeg

Happy to have received mine today, with the (very) minor caveat that the sticker on the outside of the shipper with a 10% off code is already out of date :ROFLMAO:

Is this the first mando figure wearing a onesie? It’s why he can’t pose. Is Jango like this too? (I don’t have him to compare)

Please share the deets, what did you cut/re-sew???
After I did it I thought of a better way. A quick run down

-I cut the grey one piece suit from the high waist, you want enough fabric for the armpits so I made sure not to cut too high
-Took thick black nylon tights and used it to made a shirt and sew the cut off pants on to it so it stays up (the reason he can’t raise his legs up is because the one piece suit borrows fabric for both arm raising motion and leg motion that’s why you need to separate them)
-Next is the shirt that was cut off, used a thread ripper and opened up the back seam to about 1cm below the neck collar. This allows the arms to rotate forward 90 degrees
-I used a clothing iron and folded all the seams and sew up hems from all the cutting so the fibers won’t run off
-This is where I noticed if I make him do a sitting pose the pants will drop too low and you can see the black nylon shirt that I sewed on to it
-If I kept some of the fabric attached to the back of the pants this would not have happened
-To fix it I made a nylon belt that you see in the second picture to cover that up, the belt is very tall, it extends up to the chest and won’t ride up or fall off from continuous handling

After I did it I thought of a better way. A quick run down

-I cut the grey one piece suit from the high waist, you want enough fabric for the armpits so I made sure not to cut too high
-Took thick black nylon tights and used it to made a shirt and sew the cut off pants on to it so it stays up (the reason he can’t raise his legs up is because the one piece suit borrows fabric for both arm raising motion and leg motion that’s why you need to separate them)
-Next is the shirt that was cut off, used a thread ripper and opened up the back seam to about 1cm below the neck collar. This allows the arms to rotate forward 90 degrees
-I used a clothing iron and folded all the seams and sew up hems from all the cutting so the fibers won’t run off
-This is where I noticed if I make him do a sitting pose the pants will drop too low and you can see the black nylon shirt that I sewed on to it
-If I kept some of the fabric attached to the back of the pants this would not have happened
-To fix it I made a nylon belt that you see in the second picture to cover that up, the belt is very tall, it extends up to the chest and won’t ride up or fall off from continuous handling
I personally was going to try to avoid damaging the jumpsuit and instead swap out the undersuit itself. Grey trousers might be easy but shirt I had no idea what to use that looks close enough. Maybe I will try your method if all else fails

I personally was going to try to avoid damaging the jumpsuit and instead swap out the undersuit itself. Grey trousers might be easy but shirt I had no idea what to use that looks close enough. Maybe I will try your method if all else fails
My fall back plan was to either use the Mando shirt and pants they are just bulkier and brown or wait for the Super Commando, similar style but lighter grey.

If I can find fabric thin enough I would have still cut off the top of the body suit and just made higher waist pants to go with it.

My mistake was I underestimated how much the pants would actually pull down in a squatting pose. If I had cut the back in an arch shape instead of a straight line it would have been better. Then sew that arch shape on to the nylon undershirt I made. Essentially it’s just about adding more fabric to the places you don’t see. When it’s done properly you can’t tell it’s been modified.

Back