1/6 Hot Toys - TMS132 - The Clone Wars: ARC Trooper Fives

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was really hoping for a Fives that'd fit in with the rest of the CW 501st that I could display next to the ARF & AT-RT for an Umbara-style display, but for me this isn't it sadly, as he's based on his Phase 1.5 Citadel look with the more turqoise blue, blue knees & fin on the helmet. Could display helmetless and swap the knees perhaps but I always go for the helmet look. Bit of a let down for me really, but happy for anyone who wanted the earlier Citadel look in order to match Echo

That is my one issue as well, this is based off the Citadel arc in S3, and isn’t his full phase 2 look from S4 and S6, Sideshow did the same thing with their figures.

Probably would have been asking for a bit too much but 2 helmets would have been nice.

That is my one issue as well, this is based off the Citadel arc in S3, and isn’t his full phase 2 look from S4 and S6, Sideshow did the same thing with their figures.

Probably would have been asking for a bit too much but 2 helmets would have been nice.
Yeah if he'd have come with the Phase 2 helmet as a bonus I think I'd have bought him even though the shade of blue would probably bother me a little. Without it though I'm sadly going to have to pass, as I don't want to make a Citadel display, I'm fully committed to Phase 2. At least we got Jesse as a proper Phase 2 ARC to match the P2 501st, have been happy with him.

Definitely not something I expected to wake up to. Let alone both of them - as the only way it should be!

2 more to add. Now I’m hoping that the “big” 501st are done, now we get Wolffe.

Very cool. Always regretted missing the SS one. Only wanted Fives too. I like his look better. Funny enough waaay back I bought out a parted SS Fives Phase I helmet. Don't remember why. I wonder if it fits on this HT. If not, I could always have him holding it.

Guess I need to PO this guy then.

Last edited:
I'm happy.
This was the figure I wanted the most (along with a proper P1 Captain Rex) but I always avoided buying the Sideshow figure because of the price and because I have 1 501st clone from Sideshow and I'm not gonna lie the figure feels cheap.

Once again the old Sideshow trooper is more accurate than the new HT one....

Why HT why are you going with the "phase 2 with a fin on top" helmet instead of a proper phase 1.5 helmet.

HT messed up the phase 1 clone helmet (too large, thick mouth lines, missing red light etc), messed up the phase 1.5 (no diamond chin, p1 ears, sharp ridge on snout/cheek tubes etc). Only the phase 2 helmet turned out great.

I am sure the overall quality and proportions of the body will be a vast improvement over the Sideshow ones but the problems with the helmet (most important part) and the overly large pauldron that blocks articulation are major steps back compared to Sideshow. If I do get HT Echo and Fives I will still be keeping the Sideshow ones

I find it hilarious some clone fans complaining the helmet is not cartoon accurate at the same time complaining the pauldrons on the same figure is not live action accurate.

This is the same argument along the veins of “Rex’s phase II helmet is a phase I and II combined together.” Well in the show it isn’t, it’s a completely unique model that’s made from neither.

Until we see a live action adaptation of phase 1.5. I’m happy to accept this as a good interpretation of it.

Unfortunately, they didn’t even stick the landing with this P1.5 helmet. It’s actually more accurate to P2 with the exception of the fin.

Details that are wrong with the current prototype helmet:

- should have diamond chin
- should have P1 style ear comms
- shouldn’t have the blue tick marks along the “jawline”
- ideally, should have live-action style dual pauldron

I’ve posted these on Facebook to start the discussion.

Pic #4 shows a more or less accurate artistic interpretation of what a proper live-action P1.5 Fives would look like (pauldron too).

BFBD4CF3-2A3C-4DE5-8F40-1FED72C65374.jpeg

385F1722-8386-4BBE-842D-C9F41BA5A511.jpeg
BEBC4396-B40F-4418-84E5-135201154AA6.jpeg
8311B22D-4623-4F99-9733-AC3253FB613B.jpeg

cant believe it. this has been my #1 most wanted figure since I started collecting.

looks incredible. awesome new sculpt. i actually like that he’s a lighter blue, if you see pics of him and rex / other 501st side by side fives was often a different shade. plus it will make him pop on the shelf.

IMG_2760.jpeg

IMG_2761.jpeg

finally. couldnt be happier. i know he rocks phase 2 helmet at the end but i love the 1.5 fin and im glad they went that route.

Eh, the “Phase 1.5” helmet is what ARC Troopers look like to me. I passed on Jesse because he has a Phase 2 helmet.
I agree that I prefer the Phase 1.5 helmets, they’re more unique to me, but would it have killed them to actually translate it accurately?

The current helmet is actually more Phase 2 than it is Phase 1.5 🤣 with the exception of the dorsal fin….

I find it hilarious some clone fans complaining the helmet is not cartoon accurate at the same time complaining the pauldrons on the same figure is not live action accurate.

This is the same argument along the veins of “Rex’s phase II helmet is a phase I and II combined together.” Well in the show it isn’t, it’s a completely unique model that’s made from neither.

Until we see a live action adaptation of phase 1.5. I’m happy to accept this as a good interpretation of it.
You are confused it seems. Folk aren't asking for cartoon accurate, they are asking for lore accurate. We already have official realistic depictions of phase 1.5 helmets and the differences in design in the cartoon series were intentional design choices (p1 ears, diamond chin, sharp ridges etc) as it is supposed to be a blend of p1 and p2 helmet, basically the prototype of phase 2. To miss out almost every detail that makes a p1.5 a p1.5 means it loses its identity. What HT have made is a phase 2 helmet with a fin. The absolute laziest Hasbro style move possible.

I agree that I prefer the Phase 1.5 helmets, they’re more unique to me, but would it have killed them to actually translate it accurately?

The current helmet is actually more Phase 2 than it is Phase 1.5 🤣 with the exception of the dorsal fin….
Hot Toys seems to pick and choose when they care about accuracy these days.

How the licensor doesn’t make them update it is beyond me.

You are confused it seems. Folk aren't asking for cartoon accurate, they are asking for lore accurate. We already have official realistic depictions of phase 1.5 helmets and the differences in design in the cartoon series were intentional design choices (p1 ears, diamond chin, sharp ridges etc) as it is supposed to be a blend of p1 and p2 helmet, basically the prototype of phase 2. To miss out almost every detail that makes a p1.5 and p1.5 means it loses its identity. What HT have made is a phase 2 helmet with a fin. The absolute laziest Hasbro style move possible.
Agreed. In addition to what you said, they really could’ve simply looked at the show screen grabs since the ARC trooper design was very realistic before they changed and updated the animated Phase 2 design to be a bit more simplistic (visor coming to a point at the intersection, omitted the black band above visor, etc).
A197BCF0-3B11-42E6-9040-0C7C3DAA803B.jpeg

Back