1/6 Indy Customizations: Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here’s my build with Waruna’s sculpt. I did tone down the weathering on the hat as it was a little too much for me. It’s pretty much complete outside of maybe a new holster and definitely a new whip. The only thing to get me to buy another set of clothing at this point is if Mike Yuan does actually come out with his 2.0 that’s rumored to be more accurate.

I’ll take slightly better pics later in more natural lighting, but wanted to share.

The build:
  • Body- modified Sideshow Josey Wales body
  • Hands- Sideshow Josey Wales
  • Boots- Pickz
  • Gun belt- made by me
  • Holster- Stevo’s toys heavily modified by me
  • Web belt- strap from Siberian customs set. Buckle is from DiD that I applied gold chrome to. Too cheap at the moment to spend money on the full metal one 😆
  • Bag- HT with buckle and leather strap by me
  • Shirt- Mike Yuan with magnets replaced and repositioned. Also moved one button over for the shirt to be more open
  • Pants- Mike Yuan
  • Jacket- Mike Yuan modified and lightly weathered by me
IMG_3447.jpeg

Last edited:
IMG_7551.jpeg
Waruna’s sculpt certainly elevated these figures. I don’t know how many times I’ve felt done with him just to upgrade another part, but it’s hard to imagine a sculpt upgrade.
I loved this shot of my figure, but I need a new golden idol. 😬 lmk if there’s a good option out there.

oh if we know anything… it’s never over. indy is an ongoing project of never ending love!!!
Ha! not for me. It's fun for a little while, then feels like a chore. Sort of how I am with Ledger Joker at the moment. Almost just over it.

Even with Indy basically finished, I'm considering selling it and just getting the JND with a few upgrades to make it more or less Raiders than Crusade.

Last edited:
Thanks guys. Really nice to sort of see the light at the end of the tunnel with this finally. I’ve had the HT sculpt and Han Solo body on my set for the longest time and never liked how it looked, so it’s a good feeling to be satisfied with where it’s finally at.
What was your process to find out what you needed
and which body offered it? Besides, Sideshow is
not known for good bodies...
Thx.

What was your process to find out what you needed
and which body offered it? Besides, Sideshow is
not known for good bodies...
Thx.
If you're speaking on body alone, @TonTon posted one of his customs on a sideshow body in the Facebook group if I remember correctly and that gave me the idea that it could be the way to go.

Yes, Sideshow bodies can be hit or miss, but having seen their recent Clint Eastwood figures, I felt like it could be usable. I always liked the body sideshow used for their TOD figure, just never liked the paint apps on it. I chose the Jose Wales body b/c it has the better paint apps of any of the Clint Eastwood figures and has both the neck stuble and chest hair painted. I tried out both the Mike Yuan and Siberian Customs clothing on a similar body I had and I liked the fit better than that of the HT Han Solo or the JX bodies (which a lot of folks use for Indy). Overall, I liked the tailoring and fit better from the Mike Yuan set and chose that to go with.

Hope that answers your question.

If you're speaking on body alone, @TonTon posted one of his customs on a sideshow body in the Facebook group if I remember correctly and that gave me the idea that it could be the way to go.

Yes, Sideshow bodies can be hit or miss, but having seen their recent Clint Eastwood figures, I felt like it could be usable. I always liked the body sideshow used for their TOD figure, just never liked the paint apps on it. I chose the Jose Wales body b/c it has the better paint apps of any of the Clint Eastwood figures and has both the neck stuble and chest hair painted. I tried out both the Mike Yuan and Siberian Customs clothing on a similar body I had and I liked the fit better than that of the HT Han Solo or the JX bodies (which a lot of folks use for Indy). Overall, I liked the tailoring and fit better from the Mike Yuan set and chose that to go with.

Hope that answers your question.
Yes, it does, but how did you know that your body was similar enough to the CE one? Why didn't you used that one?
Thx.

Yes, it does, but how did you know that your body was similar enough to the CE one? Why didn't you used that one?
Thx.
B/c I know what the Clint Eastwood body looks like and I have other sideshow bodies in my parts bins that are of the same or similar builds. They just didn’t have the the painted skin tone and chest hair that I mentioned before. Not to mention, the original TOD Indy body is the same as the Clint Eastwood ones except for the single jointed muscular arms and regular length ankles (Clint Eastwood body has extended ones). So, same body, just paint differences. The comic Flash body is also the same as the Clint Eastwood body but it’s all red plastic, so I certainly couldn’t use that. So, I could try out the clothing on any of those bodies I have that were similar just to see what the fit would be like and have an idea of the outcome. But, I knew the Josey Wales body had better paint apps which is why I went with it. Does it make more sense now?

Here's mine, two years in the making and at least done for now.

Head Present Toys/ Ingio Gil ver 3 painted by James Rohrbaugh
Body JX-01
Jacket and paints Siberian Customs
Shirt Hot Toys
Shoes Pickz
Belt Yunsil
Gunbelt and Whip Keeper Gustavo Bautista Ponce
Holster Mike Yuan
Bag Sideshow and Strap M Fisher
Whip Emilano Franco
S&W 1917 in Hand Present Toys , in Holster Hot Toys

Attachments