1:6 Scale Terminator Endoskeleton

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Been watching your progress. The place I work has been developing a plating process for in house nickel plating over 3D printed parts. Almost no loss of detail. It even captures the layer lines of a 20 micron print. Also makes the part a lot strong so thin printed parts don't suffer from the fragility that can come with them. A colleague is working on a 1:3 but I think it would be fun to do a 1:6.

Sounds pretty awesome
Do you have any æictures to show the process or the end result?
Can't share the process but here is a test result to show how much detail is retained.

Attachments

• 20240817_163325.jpg
    20240817_163325.jpg
    585.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 20240817_163337.jpg
    20240817_163337.jpg
    623.2 KB · Views: 0
I've been out of the loop for a long while, just now seeing this. Amazing work TMG, I'll jump over to RPF, seems like there is more talk on this subject.

Thanks. And yeah... the thread over there is insane... so many cool tidbits of info and some AWESOME pictures.

Did a little work on the Cinemaquette neck pieces I got as 3D reference from ghostman in order to make a new neck, based on my scans. The thing with the Cinemaquette parts is that they are not warped like the LFS ones. Realized that the sixth neck piece isn't the originally sculpted sixth piece, but rather just the fifth one repeated. I just left it in as a guide to where the sixth one should sit.

1: I tried first matching the Cinemaquette parts to the LFS scan. I lined them up so they matched the front, but didn't so much care about the back as that is the area where the LFS are warped and it created the first row of results.

2: Then I matched the Cinemaquette parts to the T1 picture of the neck and got things pretty close. I have the fourth and fifth piece still merged, but when doing this matching I realized they sit too close together, so I will split them and lower the fifth one so it matches the T1 picture.

3: Lastly I took the second one and lightly angled the pieces so the front looked more like the LFS neck and thought it looked better than the one plainly angled to the T1 picture... but it may not be correct. Anyway... here are the pictures.

I originally thought the LFS wasn't too accurate, but it is in fact pretty close to the 3rd option which is my fix to the T1 picture one.

Which one do you prefer?
2024-09-09-Cinemaquette-Neck-Repositioning.jpg

Last edited:
Back