1/6 SUPERMAD TOYS, the old detective 2049

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What happened to supermad toys??

This is an awful figure overall

The main point of a Wallace figure it's that the sculpt required to be top notch otherwise why bother

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1682374189475.jpg
    FB_IMG_1682374189475.jpg
    126.1 KB
  • FB_IMG_1682374183784.jpg
    FB_IMG_1682374183784.jpg
    59.4 KB
  • FB_IMG_1682374165620.jpg
    FB_IMG_1682374165620.jpg
    114.4 KB
What happened to supermad toys??

This is an awful figure overall

The main point of a Wallace figure it's that the sculpt required to be top notch otherwise why bother
I kind of agree. Its a boring character for a 1/6 to begin with. but it also looks al oit of proportion and the most important part the face is just not that good.

Is there a build thread for this anywhere?
I’ve not been documenting it online except to post images on my Instagram.
It’s not a super accurate build like your incredible builds, my friend. It’s just going to be a background prop for my K figure.
If you’re interested in other pics, I can PM some to you.

i dont get the appeal of wallace as a character. nothing unique about him just your standard not so talkative kind of cold blooded executive. i wish they had better bad guys in 2049.

Here's a few shots of mine, after heating up and narrowing the head a bit, as it was just looking too wide to me before. I still need to get my Jnix sculpt painted up, but with its longer neck and slightly larger size, I'll probably need to find a different body for it.

The Supermad head will be a perfectly fine placeholder for now though.

Hi Dave,

Hope you are well. Have you, or anyone else managed to fit V Collectible's K head to the stock Supermad body? I have both and haven't looked at alternate bodies yet as I like the stock body as is, so was hoping to make it work. But I think I would need to remove the stock neck adapter and have a custom one made to fit the V head, which has a longer and slightly wider neck than the Supermad neck. I really don't want to have to shave the V head down, either.

Can anyone advise, or recommend an good alternate body that V's head would work with, please?

Kind thanks

Update: I've realised that Gosling's neck is tall. Though I could maybe still seat the V Collectible's neck a couple mm or so lower. I managed to make a temporary mod that is secure enough and which works well. I remembered that I have several spare neck adapters and so go to trying them out. None fit the stock Supermad neck ball peg, annoyingly. So, I removed the stock adapter, cut to size and placed a spare 1/6 sock over it to make more the fit more snug, placed one adapter that was most snug into the neck and then placed over the ball peg with sock.

1729973448240.png
1729973466236.png
1729973469736.png

I might try Dremeling or sanding down the inside of an adapter next to use with one of the stock parts (the soft plastic cap that goes onto the ball joint first).

Last edited:
What are some of the bodies that folks have changed their Supermad K over to? I was going to stick with the stock body as I do quite like it and arms can go very flat to sides even with jumper and coat on and everything articulates nicely. But I notice now that the shoulders appear to be too broad for Gosling, which I find especially noticeable with his coat and collar done up. And whilst the arms actually measure approx. 2mm shorter than Hot Toys ANH arms, they might appear too long still to me, but am not too sure.

Arms are too slim for Gosling's build in the film, too but the jacket was tailored slim fitting and I like how easy it is to get on and off over the jumper. This might prove cumbersome and risk damage if the arms are too muscular, I think.

I read some pages back that someone recommended the Gangster Kingdom figure body. Would this be any Gangster Kingdom figure? I am looking at DAMTOYS GK009, GK005 and some other loose DAMTOYS Kingdom loose bodies with no model numbers stated at the moment. If anyone has photos of the bodies naked and or with their Supermad outfit on, that would be great.

Many thanks

Last edited:
Back