1/6 - ThreeZero Mighty Morphin Power Rangers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ankle extenders help the figure a lot. Still smaller than the threezero figures in terms of overall bulk, helmet size, and hand size, but an improvement to be sure.View attachment 723495
Just got mine. Why kind of ankle extenders did you utilize? I'm definitely going to do the same with mine.

Debating hitting the helmet with a gloss coat too.
White Tiger is just the best Ranger design of all time imo, and Saba is the cherry on top.
It's my personal favorite. Though Green is VERY close and Thunder Black is right behind that. Honestly, Tommy just had a jackpot of suits.

How do people feel about the proportions on the Threezero Ranger bodies?

I only have the Green Ranger and haven’t commented on it much yet but I remember opening it and felt it looked pretty small.

I realize that the Rangers are teens and also the figure price is lower so probably a cheaper body. Part of me wouldn’t mind something a tad bulkier though.

Just got mine. Why kind of ankle extenders did you utilize? I'm definitely going to do the same with mine.

It's my personal favorite. Though Green is VERY close and Thunder Black is right behind that. Honestly, Tommy just had a jackpot of suits.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/322531355416

Untitled-1.jpg

The pegs on the very right work well to add just enough height. OneSixthKit also sells these leg extenders, but they are slightly more expensive. Every future ranger from SooSooToys will be coming with ankle extenders for you to use as needed, only the Black Dino Thunder Ranger is missing them.

How do people feel about the proportions on the Threezero Ranger bodies?

I only have the Green Ranger and haven’t commented on it much yet but I remember opening it and felt it looked pretty small.

I realize that the Rangers are teens and also the figure price is lower so probably a cheaper body. Part of me wouldn’t mind something a tad bulkier though.

The ThreeZero bodies are decently bulky, especially compared to the SooSooToys release.

This is hard for me, as Japanese actors in Sentai suits most of the time, and American actors in PR suits sometimes.

Them with the Threezero technichally they're teens, and then like the above, someties it's the skinnier Japanese actors, of the more muscular American actors.

It's hard to figure out scaling....but I simply want Tommy the same height, so it just makes sense to have ankle extenders for the Black Dino.

I do think Threezero is a bit bulky, and Soosoo feels more like a regular person in a suit. I don't know which body is better.

I am not sure if this counts, I always liked the Lunar Wolf design from Wild Force and Korag(Might be a 6th/7th Ranger or not even a Ranger
30ae688eb763984c84c140b23f7cf48c.jpg
) from Mystic Force.
c46b0cf14dd8ca8abb74156988ce58e6.jpg

I am not sure if this counts, I always liked the Lunar Wolf design from Wild Force and Korag(Might be a 6th/7th Ranger or not even a RangerView attachment 724617) from Mystic Force.View attachment 724618
Phenomenal picks.

Certain characters I really gravitate towards on design alone. I think my top 3 aesthetic picks are Shadow Ranger, Magna Defender, and my personal favorite being Phantom Ranger. They'd get me for sure with that last one.
tumblr_n8qfd8tzfA1r0j0yso2_400.gif

This is hard for me, as Japanese actors in Sentai suits most of the time, and American actors in PR suits sometimes.

Them with the Threezero technichally they're teens, and then like the above, someties it's the skinnier Japanese actors, of the more muscular American actors.

It's hard to figure out scaling....but I simply want Tommy the same height, so it just makes sense to have ankle extenders for the Black Dino.

I do think Threezero is a bit bulky, and Soosoo feels more like a regular person in a suit. I don't know which body is better.
There's no "right" answer here, as there's never been a massive amount of consistency between Sentai and Power Rangers, especially when you have a character like Tommy who is meant to be one person but his Ranger forms are from over five completely separate seasons and characters. JDF was a fairly tall, muscular guy, and most Sentai actors had more slim physiques. As kids we just rolled with it.

I also don't think you can outright expect a third-party to cater exclusively to Threezero's official scaling, but I obviously would have liked them all the same size without having to shell out an extra $10 for ankle extenders. But I'm also not upset. Our "idea" of many of these characters are a combination of multiple sources over many years. I wouldn't exactly be thrilled if the only Green Ranger had the floppy vest with the felt suit, outer helmet clasps, and a belt with a red blaster instead of the Dragon Dagger. My mental image of the character is definitely more akin to Threezero's figure, which didn't always match reality itself.
1725820499734.png

Phenomenal picks.

Certain characters I really gravitate towards on design alone. I think my top 3 aesthetic picks are Shadow Ranger, Magna Defender, and my personal favorite being Phantom Ranger. They'd get me for sure with that last one.
tumblr_n8qfd8tzfA1r0j0yso2_400.gif

There's no "right" answer here, as there's never been a massive amount of consistency between Sentai and Power Rangers, especially when you have a character like Tommy who is meant to be one person but his Ranger forms are from over five completely separate seasons and characters. JDF was a fairly tall, muscular guy, and most Sentai actors had more slim physiques. As kids we just rolled with it.

I also don't think you can outright expect a third-party to cater exclusively to Threezero's official scaling, but I obviously would have liked them all the same size without having to shell out an extra $10 for ankle extenders. But I'm also not upset. Our "idea" of many of these characters are a combination of multiple sources over many years. I wouldn't exactly be thrilled if the only Green Ranger had the floppy vest with the felt suit, outer helmet clasps, and a belt with a red blaster instead of the Dragon Dagger. My mental image of the character is definitely more akin to Threezero's figure, which didn't always match reality itself.
View attachment 724621
No matter the accuracy, if that was the Tommy we got, we would all be upset. Sometimes you have to take liberties.

With the height, even the body proportions, their is no right or wrong, but I think we want them all to fit together. We want Threez and ToysB and Soossoo to be displayable together I think in the long run.

No matter the accuracy, if that was the Tommy we got, we would all be upset. Sometimes you have to take liberties.

With the height, even the body proportions, their is no right or wrong, but I think we want them all to fit together. We want Threez and ToysB and Soossoo to be displayable together I think in the long run.
ToysB is pretty close to the same scale, so I appreciate them doing that.

I'm in a weird headspace lately. I know JDF's birthday was just last week, so he's been on my mind a lot lately. I had his Ninjetti figure show up two weeks ago. And then I got Dino Thunder yesterday. I can nitpick all I want... but I'm just still inordinately happy to have yet another figure of not just my favorite Ranger, but my favorite childhood hero period.

56389f47535b93c95b0617a83cfb38ba

And now I just wait for Zeo and Turbo Red. And wonder how I'll fit them all on a Detolf shelf.

I used to love the PR/Sentai stunts and explosions and the way they fall...and the fights were great.

I hate the CGI Zords....makes me want to vomit. Love the practical effects...LOVE!

The plots until 2008 or so were legit good. I remember even SPD had a great story line involving the Blue and Red Rangers...

I loved Mystic Force also, and yeah...I think Power rangers had a good 15 year run of greatness and 10 years of hot garbage afterwards. 15 years is amazing still.

Well, my local Walmart had these reflective organizer trays on clearance for under $1, and I thought they'd make for nice unobtrusive risers for the shelf. Sure enough, they do a good job (they're far more iridescent on camera than to the naked eye). Once I put the SooSoo Thunder Black on the riser, it mostly erases any of the height concerns and the illusion kicks in. I'm sure I'll get ankle extenders too, but for now this really works great.... at least until I'm fighting for space with the last two Red Tommys. I'd grab more if I could find them anywhere, but they seem sold out everywhere now.
IMG_6376.jpg

Back