1/6 - ThreeZero Mighty Morphin Power Rangers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tried to watch it even though some of the original cast members were absent, but I couldn’t finish it. The acting was so bad that I found it unbearable. Granted, MMPR was never known for stellar acting, but there used to be youthful energy and this special just felt unmotivated. But that's just me and I can see why many people liked it.
I think a lot of that is nostalgia. I rewatched the original seasons recently and the acting can be ROUGH. Enjoyable, but definitely amateur hour a lot of the time. That’s honestly part of its charm to me.

Ironically, many longtime fans felt the Once & Always special had some of the best performances from the older cast (particularly Walter).

Though if you’re looking for a more mature take on the brand, the BOOM! Studios comics are where you’ll find actual character development and nuance.

I think a lot of that is nostalgia. I rewatched the original seasons recently and the acting can be ROUGH. Enjoyable, but definitely amateur hour a lot of the time. That’s honestly part of its charm to me.
I don’t have the same nostalgic connection since I stopped following after season 2. I only watched the 1995 movie in theatres as a kid and remember not enjoying it because I didn’t approve of the new cast. Could have lived with a new yellow or blue ranger but Jason was the leader and irreplaceable in my mind so that ruined the series for me early on.

I don’t have the same nostalgic connection since I stopped following after season 2. I only watched the 1995 movie in theatres as a kid and remember not enjoying it because I didn’t approve of the new cast. Could have lived with a new yellow or blue ranger but Jason was the leader and irreplaceable in my mind so that ruined the series for me early on.
Obviously, can’t go back in time, but that’s part of what I enjoyed about Jason’s return in Zeo, and how he interacted with the new team and Rocky in particular (who had felt inferior next to him).
34happyteam.png

Back