12" Qui-Gon!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
EVILFACE said:
Leglos or however his name is spelled, has hair sculpted in front of his shoulders. Qui-Gon's hairline needs to come down a bit, but again, not holding judgement till more pics come around.

I agree. If Legolas can have hair in the front of his shoulders, there is no reason why Qui Gon can't have it too. The hair in the front is practically a signature feature of his character.

qui_gon_jinn.jpg

No, there is a very good reason he can't have his hair in the front. It may lie down with his robes on, but it might not be able to without the robes. Legolas doesn't have that problem. Then you all would complain he has floating hair without his Jedi robes on. I just think Sideshow thought they couldn't pull it off looking good with and without the robes so they put his hair in the back.

Buttmunch said:
No, there is a very good reason he can't have his hair in the front. It may lie down with his robes on, but it might not be able to without the robes. Legolas doesn't have that problem. Then you all would complain he has floating hair without his Jedi robes on. I just think Sideshow thought they couldn't pull it off looking good with and without the robes so they put his hair in the back.

,..so, what's the point??,..r u thinking to remove qui-gons robe??, :rolleyes:
,..hair in the front it's part of his character,..it needs to be this way, period.:cool:

I'm talking about his brown jedi robes, not his tunic. The pic on the top of this page doesn't have the brown Jedi robes on. He might look good with the brown Jedi robes on, but he might have "floating hair" if displayed without the brown Jedi robes like in the pic above.

I thought his hair was back during the fight too. I would think it would be a little hard to keep it in front of you the hold time when you are fighting someone as fast and fierce as Maul.

Buttmunch said:
I'm talking about his brown jedi robes, not his tunic. The pic on the top of this page doesn't have the brown Jedi robes on. He might look good with the brown Jedi robes on, but he might have floating hair if displayed without the brown Jedi robes like in the pic above.

,..still doesn't make any sense,...since you can move the head on these 12" figures,...so the hair,..even on the back,... would not lay flat also,..
,..so he will have floating hair either way,...:rolleyes:

... then everyone else would complain about the floating hair and wish they just put it in the back. Either way you can't win. The hair would'nt float as bad with the brown Jedi robes on though, but would look like the PF Buffy without the brown Jedi robes on. I would prefer the hair in the front, but I can understand why they didn't if it would result in floating hair.

A little bit of "floating hair" would not bother me.

Either way, getting a quality SS Qui-Gon kicks but.

EVILFACE said:
A little bit of "floating hair" would not bother me.

Either way, getting a quality SS Qui-Gon kicks but.

Try telling that to the people that think the figures need to be perfect. I would't be bothered by a little floating hair, but if it was like 1/2 an inch it would bother me. I guess we'll find out if people really hate floating hair or not when Legolas comes out.

Anakin said:
,,..it looks really bad,..hair...face,.. gentle giant bust looks way better,...this may be the first sw 12" i may pass,...

Anakin, how can you pass on Qui-Gon? If it wasn't for him you would still be trying to remove sand out of every freaking droid on Tatooine.:D

Buttmunch said:
Try telling that to the people that think the figures need to be perfect. I would't be bothered by a little floating hair, but if it was like 1/2 an inch it would bother me. I guess we'll find out if people really hate floating hair or not when Legolas comes out.

Well if it was a static statue, then yes. But with a moving action figure, floating hair would be fine.

You're wrong, Anakin, I DO remember his hair pulled back, and THAT'S how I remember him. Speak for yourself and yourself alone about how YOU remember things and leave it at that. :rolleyes:

Well after watching EP1 today, I would say the hair is in the front about 85% of his scenes.

Still the figure looks good and we prollly wont get him till Dec. So that makes the Siths about a year away as well lol.

Floating hair
Floating hair
Floating hair
Floating hair
Floating hair
Floating hair
Floating hair
Floating hair
Floating hair
Floating hair

Just wanted to get in on the fun.

Honestly not being a huge Star Wars fan, I didn't remember whether the hair was in front or in back. Either way would have looked fine to me as long as it was done well. Overall from what limited pictures we've seen, I think the figure looks good overall. There's no mistaking who it is.

Back