2013 SDCC/Ani-Com Predictions

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

batfan08

Super Freak
Reaction score
I figured it would be interesting to see what people think we'll see from the various companies by the time the summer's over. So, place your bets, ladies and gentleman, at what one sixth wonders we will see from the likes of Sideshow, Hot Toys, Medicom, Play Imaginative, or any other company out there.

I'm hoping we see HT's Arkham joker

I think there's a good chance we'll see he and Batman by Ani-Com. From what I gathered from Howard's interview, it seems that Joker is finished and they're just waiting to finish Batman before they unveiled them to the world. Now, maybe I'm wrong, but, unless they ran into some serious construction issues, I interpret that as them needing to put the finishing touches on Batman, as I wouldn't think that a figure that's been in development for well over a year would be far away from being done.

I'd say:

HT 1966 Batman and Robin
HT Arkham City Batman and Joker
TDKR Blake
TDKR Gordon
HT DX Returns Batman
Sideshow Classic Batman
Sideshow JLA Batman
Sideshow Golden Age Batman
Same as above for Superman
Sideshow Hal Jordan Green Lantern
HT Batman Begins 2.0

Announcements:

HT DX Batman Forever
HT Arkham Origins
HT General Zod
HT Faora
HT Clark Kent (Oil Rig Rescue)

I'd say:

HT 1966 Batman and Robin
TDKR Blake
TDKR Gordon
HT DX Returns Batman
Sideshow Classic Batman
Sideshow JLA Batman

HT Batman Begins 2.0

Announcements:

HT DX Batman Forever
HT Arkham Origins
HT General Zod
HT Faora

My want's from this.

I'd just add Avengers Bruce Banner and more than likely some more IM3 suits.

I'd say:

HT 1966 Batman and Robin
TDKR Blake
TDKR Gordon
HT DX Returns Batman
Sideshow Classic Batman
Sideshow JLA Batman
HT Batman Begins 2.0

Announcements:

HT DX Batman Forever
HT Arkham Origins
HT General Zod
HT Faora

Bold = my wants
I just don't see them doing the Oil Rig Clark. I honestly can't see them doing Clark at all. I will say I hope the DX Returns Batman comes with a Keaton headsculpt.

2.0? I thought there has been 3 versions of Batman Begins costume from HT? V1 Lame, v2 better, and v3 slightly better?

Yes, but there was that interview last year with this picture:

545110_10150853580957344_1399193934_n.jpg

Someone was looking up closeup of the Begins cowl. I have a feeling it'll at least be announced, maybe a DX.

As for Marvel, I'd say:

HT Mark III Diecast
HT Whiplash Mark II Diecast
HT Aldrich Killian
HT Mandarin
HT Bruce Banner
Hoping for HT Eric Savin

Announcements:

HT Thor The Dark World
HT Captain America The Winter Soldier

I'd love to see an HT Begins DX, providing that the faceplates don't ****ing suck, and he has the squint. The suit could definitely use an upgrade, after seeing what EB did with theirs; it has a more natural frame and doesn't seem to be as "toy-esque" in appearance and proportions.

That being said, out of all of those listed, I'd say the ones we'll see are the 66 Batman and Robin figures, the Arkham City Batman and Joker, Jor-el, Zod, and a few of those SSC releases.

Yes, but there was that interview last year with this picture:

545110_10150853580957344_1399193934_n.jpg

Someone was looking up closeup of the Begins cowl. I have a feeling it'll at least be announced, maybe a DX.

My wallet's wimpering and curling at the corner of my room now.

A Guy Pearce sculpt would be sweet. But it'll probably be a card saying 'Coming Soon' only to join Professor X in development hell.

HT-Anakin Skywalker DX- I figure with the hype starting to build up for the new movies and series, HT's would want to capitalize on that momentum.

HT-More TDK trilogy related items- With Selina Kyle's release approaching and the buzz for IM3 and SM starting to die down, I think we'll start to see some more Nolanverse related characters. Based on that teaser pic and interview from a few months back, it seems that Jim Gordon v2, John Blake, the bat signal, and the TDKR armory are already lined up. I think it's a safe bet that we'll be getting a BB DX at some point too. Maybe not a full reveal this year but at least some kind of teaser. I'm REALLY hoping a Ra's will be eventually announced as well.

SS-The Walking Dead- As far as I know it hasn't been officially announced yet, but a lot of people are speculating that SS acquired the license for TWD. If this is true I'm sure they'll utilize the coverage from ComicCon as a jumping off point.

HT-Batman Returns- Fingers crossed. The new Nicholson joker gives me a little hope.

Oh yeah - I forgot about TWD. Looking forward to McFarlane's Series 5, their 10 inch deluxe line, as well as Dark Horse finally showing their Game of Thrones figures maybe.

Hoping for the following from Hot Toys:
Ra's al Ghul (black suit version or ninja gear from Batman Begins)
John Blake
Talia al Ghul/Miranda Tate (long shot I know)
Commissioner Gordon
Bat Signal

Also wouldn't mind seeing the Batman Returns line announced. I don't care for the film but like the suit and want a Keaton Batman in my collection. I would just get the DX09 but the possibility of a Keaton sculpt from the scene where he rips his cowl off makes me want to wait. I'd also consider a Catwoman from Batman Returns.

Last edited:
Where did you first here The speculation that Sideshow probably had the license to make The Walking Dead figures? If it's true I hope it's comic ver. rather than T.V. ver, I'd be ok with either.

Back