A Minecraft Movie (with a general discussion of video game movies)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Money, lot's of money.

2s376BH.gif

I have an important meeting in 10 minutes and all I can think about now is "Was Roger Rabbit people in a cartoon world or cartoons in a people world?". Damn it. :)

depends how funny it is. the Mario movie didn't have a great plot. and the sonic movies pretty awful. ( angry birds was better than sonic)
I think this might be a mix between Mario and Sonic in quality

I'm not saying I'm going to love this or that it's gonna be great. but I don't think it will be terrible.
The sonic movies were awful? The sonic movies curb stomped every single video game adaptation ever made my guy and yes this includes angry birds. Mario gets a pass tho. But sonic and especially 2 are better than half the video games movies that have come out

one thing this has over those awful sonic movies is that it takes place in their world. I actually wanna see more.
The fact that sonic is set in the real world gives it more stakes . See sonic movie 3. The fact that real people are involved in shadows rampage gives it a better edge. But again the sonic movies are better than half the video games movies that came out

The sonic movies were awful? The sonic movies curb stomped every single video game adaptation ever made my guy and yes this includes angry birds. Mario gets a pass tho. But sonic and especially 2 are better than half the video games movies that have come out

The fact that sonic is set in the real world gives it more stakes . See sonic movie 3. The fact that real people are involved in shadows rampage gives it a better edge. But again the sonic movies are better than half the video games movies that came out
I was waiting for you to show up lol

in sonic 1, sonic is the fastest creature on earth, but the movie becomes a road trip movie like dumb and dumber. its literally just a road trip movie with some action at the end. it had nothing to do with sonic or his world.

I was waiting for you to show up lol

in sonic 1, sonic is the fastest creature on earth, but the movie becomes a road trip movie like dumb and dumber. its literally just a road trip movie with some action at the end. it had nothing to do with sonic or his world.
And yet it still was able to be entertaining lol. He stuck around in the car cause he was lonely and wanted company but even so the car scenes aren’t that long. Sonic movie 2 is just a straight up sonic movie

And yet it still was able to be entertaining lol. He stuck around in the car cause he was lonely and wanted company but even so the car scenes aren’t that long. Sonic movie 2 is just a straight up sonic movie
we aren't talking about entertaining here. we are talking about the movie having nothing to do with the game.
and sonic 2 had some dumb ridiculous wedding nonsense.
I know people like them. but bringing Sonic or the smurfs to the real world is not that great.

Minecraft movie might suck. but at least it takes place inside Minecraft

we aren't talking about entertaining here. we are talking about the movie having nothing to do with the game.
and sonic 2 had some dumb ridiculous wedding nonsense.
I know people like them. but bringing Sonic or the smurfs to the real world is not that great.

Minecraft movie might suck. but at least it takes place inside Minecraft
Ok? lol the resident evil movies take place in the resident evil universe and the borderlands movie takes place in the borderlands universe. Those still suck.
You forget sonic was the first of its kind. Video game movies were looked at as jokes. They played the film safe, second one they added more game elements and third they are going all out. It’s the reason why people are excited for the third.

Man I feel so sad for today's generation. They are growing up watching crap in TV and in the cinema. Not much quality in today's entertainment.
There's tons of quality content out there, it's just that there's more content in general these days so it seems like there's more trash than gold.

Every single older generation has said this about the previous generation since the beginning of time.
Well sure but watch television today. Watch what the young guys are consuming. Not to mention Tik Tok and the others. Watch the content on them. The quality dropped horribly and this is a sad fact. Look at the schools and how easy is to finish the university. Now you can finish it without much learning. And mind you we are talking about Europe here where the education is a lot stronger compared to the US.
But overall people behavior changed for the worse. I am a boxing coach and I have many many young guys coming in. The state is sad but it is somewhat inevitable because the world is changing, digital technology is here and young guys are living on their phone and not talking with each other, not doing sports etc. But I went off topic long enough I think.

Things aren't really that different. Back in the day we had Mac N Me, Garbage Pail Kids, Howard the Duck, Superman 4.

There's always good mixed with bad.
That is somewhat true. There was always bad content but as I said watch a talk show, or an interview today (there are rare exeptions) and look at their quality and compare it to a talk show in the 90's. The balance is very different overall.

Well sure but watch television today. Watch what the young guys are consuming. Not to mention Tik Tok and the others. Watch the content on them. The quality dropped horribly and this is a sad fact. Look at the schools and how easy is to finish the university. Now you can finish it without much learning. And mind you we are talking about Europe here where the education is a lot stronger compared to the US.
But overall people behavior changed for the worse. I am a boxing coach and I have many many young guys coming in. The state is sad but it is somewhat inevitable because the world is changing, digital technology is here and young guys are living on their phone and not talking with each other, not doing sports etc. But I went off topic long enough I think.

That is somewhat true. There was always bad content but as I said watch a talk show, or an interview today (there are rare exeptions) and look at their quality and compare it to a talk show in the 90's. The balance is very different overall.
1725542430296.jpeg

I'm sure the older folks ranted at the young kids for being glued to their new fangled Atari 2600's and watching utter nonsense like Star Wars.

"Back in my day you went to work full time at 12 and only had a stick and hoop to play with after tea"

Things aren't really that different. Back in the day we had Mac N Me, Garbage Pail Kids, Howard the Duck, Superman 4.

There's always good mixed with bad.
That’s why I look back at my nostalgia and think I romanticized a lot of things. A lot of us feel like back then was the best time to be alive and nothing sucked

Back