Alien: Romulus

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not bad. Not sure about a cast crewing a ship that seem pretty young to be in charge, if that's what's going on.
Maybe they are being sent to reform school or something. But not boring. 😁

I refuse to get excited after getting so hyped for Prometheus, way back.
:blissysmi
These characters might ironically be at the same maturity level as the Prometheus crew. I watched Prometheus again the other day. Such a shame. It had so much seemingly going for it before we actually saw it. I still think David is fantastic and I was perfectly OK with not having the Alien we know. The visuals and music were great. But everything else.....

This film might be decent. I'm not seeing anything we haven't seen before but if it can simply avoid facepalm moments, if it can gel with Alien and Aliens without contradicting them or creating plotholes, maybe it could be a Star Wars Rogue One - something you don't have to watch but is nice to have.

Holy crap that look bad.

It's literally a carbon copy of all the scenes from previous films. It's so unimaginative, so uninspired. And feel like a cheap knock off horror film?

What did this director do? Just copy the sets, actors and scenes directly?

Even the catch phrase? God hollywood is lazy. This looks like a reboot , or remake plain and simple.

This directors other films are pretty lame copy cat stuff also.

Gives me the same feels at the Beetleguise trailer....

Whole crap load of copy cat nonsense to mimick the original.

That was aweful.

Holy crap that look bad.

It's literally a carbon copy of all the scenes from previous films. It's so unimaginative, so uninspired. And feel like a cheap knock off horror film?

Even the catch phrase? God hollywood is lazy. This looks like a reboot , or remake plain and simple.

That was aweful.

I don't know. Obviously there's a lot of derivative imagery in there and I'm not saying "wow" but I can't be sure it's going to be terrible.

I don't know that the first two films can ever be matched at this point anyway, so maybe my expectations are too low.

Not bad. Not sure about a cast crewing a ship that seem pretty young to be in charge, if that's what's going on.
Maybe they are being sent to reform school or something. But not boring. 😁

I refuse to get excited after getting so hyped for Prometheus, way back.
:blissysmi
Well at least if this one is a disappointment it can be easily shrugged off. Unlike Prometheus which was supposed to be Ridley Scott's triumphant return to the Alien universe after 30 plus years.

I don't know. Obviously there's a lot of derivative imagery in there and I'm not saying "wow" but I can't be sure it's going to be terrible.

I don't know that the first two films can ever be matched at this point anyway, so maybe my expectations are too low.
Yeah I think it's got an energy and sense of style that we haven't seen since the original, and they seem to be doing a good job making the xenomorphs and facehuggers genuinely scary again.

Obviously it would be nice to have a more original setting, but it's also hard to beat that original concept of being trapped on a spaceship with a terrifying alien.

ALERT!!!!! Consider this a warning folks. I've now developed an online-destributed syfilis virus that will automatically attach itself to the "appendices" of everyone who bad-mouth's Prometheus. Just mind your language and which movies you decide to attack and you'll at least be mostly fine... mostly...

Holy crap that look bad.

That was aweful.
If I want to see all those scences again but done better I'll just watch Alien and Aliens 🤷‍♂️. At least expand on it, we've had it on a space ship, a small colony. So why not a group of aliens in a city?

Love that comic. The Preds slaughtering that family was heavy.
3003790p2.jpg

Last edited:
Stage One: Egg

Stage Two: Facehugger

Stage Three: Chestbuster

Stage Four: Alien

Stage Five...????

I want to see an Alien reach Stage 5!!!

(No, it's not "The Queen" -- that's not a 'stage')

Back