Alien: Romulus

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Prometheus would have been better with zero links to the Alien franchise. As it is, it just gives disappointing origins to the Space Jockey and the Xenomorph.
Those laughable "Engineers" and the black goo would be more palatable if they were their own thing in a new original sci-fi.

There really needs to be a long moratorium on the use of the "stunned hearing loss" sound effect.
It's called tinnitus. I hate the sound effect too because I've had it from time to time and the sound effect reminds me of the irritation.
Prometheus would have been better with zero links to the Alien franchise. As it is, it just gives disappointing origins to the Space Jockey and the Xenomorph.
Those laughable "Engineers" and the black goo would be more palatable if they were their own thing in a new original sci-fi.
I agree about the Space Jockey, it's Prometheus' biggest failure. We were expecting something bizarre (or alien?) but instead got something boringly familiar. What I like about the black goo is it makes Xenos more of an unpredictable pathogen/body horror monster. I think it was Ridley fixing Camron's big boring bugs back to that unfamiliar thing it was in Alien.

I totally agree. As a sci fi film it was great, trying to stretch it to an Alien film hurt it.

I am not offended by the idea of an alien being a seeding/ testing project gone wrong ....but it felt forced.

It's called tinnitus. I hate the sound effect too because I've had it from time to time and the sound effect reminds me of the irritation.

I agree about the Space Jockey, it's Prometheus' biggest failure. We were expecting something bizarre (or alien?) but instead got something boringly familiar. What I like about the black goo is it makes Xenos more of an unpredictable pathogen/body horror monster. I think it was Ridley fixing Camron's big boring bugs back to that unfamiliar thing it was in Alien.
As much as I like Aliens, I struggle with Cameron turning them into space termites and I also agree the goo, even though I don't like how the goo was executed, does push them more towards the "Starbeast" of Alien.

Laughable, really?... How would you personally want a "creator race" to behave/look like, if you were to make such a prequel for the Alien franchse?

Laughable, really?... How would you personally want a "creator race" to behave/look like, if you were to make such a prequel for the Alien franchse?
Speaking for myself, I wanted to see the Space Jockey we saw in the first film, however difficult that would've been. Easiest way to fix the creator race is not do the Chariots of the Gods stuff here. Never liked that theory myself but, I think Ridley managed to do it better than anyone else, even that episode of Star Trek Next Gen. that inspired him to do it in Prometheus.

Don't do it at all. Leave the Space Jockey a mystery. If you absolutely must do the tired old creator alien race (yawn) and use the Space Jockey to do it, at least make them look like the actual Space Jockey.

To be fair, there is still room for the space jockey to be a separate species. the details, size and proportions are different from the pilot Engineer. The Engineers are also genetically human, so not the creators as they evolved on earth. Much like Prometheus, they likely stole the fire from the gods (Space Jockeys) after the gods uplifted some early humans to serve them. The Engineers are adapted to life in space but are human. The creation scene at the beginning was obviously not humans being created but the Engineers creating (or attempting to create) advanced life elsewhere.

The Deacon Alien was already seen in the murals in Prometheus, as were Xenomorph hands and eggs as well as facehuggers, so those obviously pre-existed, so David did not create the Xeno's. He just simply created his own version using the goo.

Also, the ampule goo containers had a couple sizes and different words written on them, so there is likely more than one kind of goo, each of which does something different. When they all leaked onto the ground and mixed up the effects became unpredictable. The one David took was small and obviously designed to spawn (after a couple stages) the Deacon.

Ha, like they're ever going to make another Star Trek movie. 😄

1718050305187.gif

Picard was fun, and probably the closest we will get for a while, haven't seen New World yet.

Last edited:
Back