Anyone familiar with MODUCASE?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm starting to look for an upgrade over my current displays (IKEA Detolf, Billy and Besta) and can't find anything similar to Moducase without it being a custom build, are these still the best "off the shelf" display option for 1/6th scale figures?

Also, is there anywhere in the UK that sells these?
Just to try save a bit on the import taxes.

I'm starting to look for an upgrade over my current displays (IKEA Detolf, Billy and Besta) and can't find anything similar to Moducase without it being a custom build, are these still the best "off the shelf" display option for 1/6th scale figures?
Yes.

I have quite a few Moducase display cases in various configurations and heartily recommend their use! If you can afford to upgrade I’d do so.

However, be prepared to wait at least 10 to 12 months after placing an order.

Someone tried to replicate a Moducase-like display case using off-the-shelf components but the price came out to be quite a bit more than an original! And he had trouble even implementing the magnetic connectors for the case opening.

So I’d definitely go with Moducase. They have several distributors so ask around for UK options.

Hope this helps!

Z

Yes.

I have quite a few Moducase display cases in various configurations and heartily recommend their use! If you can afford to upgrade I’d do so.

However, be prepared to wait at least 10 to 12 months after placing an order.

Someone tried to replicate a Moducase-like display case using off-the-shelf components but the price came out to be quite a bit more than an original! And he had trouble even implementing the magnetic connectors for the case opening.

So I’d definitely go with Moducase. They have several distributors so ask around for UK options.

Hope this helps!

Z
Thanks a lot, I will search around for a UK based supplier.

One other thing I wanted to ask about also is the cables. In a lot of videos I always see these connectors between the light strips at the top of the case just hanging down, are these easy to hide to make it look a bit cleaner?

1725373154969.png

Thanks a lot, I will search around for a UK based supplier.

One other thing I wanted to ask about also is the cables. In a lot of videos I always see these connectors between the light strips at the top of the case just hanging down, are these easy to hide to make it look a bit cleaner?

View attachment 723732

Those light strips are bunched up to be closer together. Moving them apart will take up the slack.

Dangling cables are just sloppy. There’s no reason to leave them that way. The Moducases have a good channel system for concealing wires but you also have to consider the placement of the lights.

FWIW, I prefer the strip lights to the spotlights and the warm white to the cool white color option.

Z

Those light strips are bunched up to be closer together. Moving them apart will take up the slack.

Dangling cables are just sloppy. There’s no reason to leave them that way. The Moducases have a good channel system for concealing wires but you also have to consider the placement of the lights.

FWIW, I prefer the strip lights to the spotlights and the warm white to the cool white color option.

Z
Yeah I always thought that for them being so sleek looking that this cable was a poor choice, so glad to hear that it's just the light positioning.
I've seen quite a few like that so was a bit worried haha

Yeah I also prefer the strip lights, but the pure white ones 😂

Thanks for answering my questions 👍

Frame of reference for delivery. I ordered mine on August 20, 2023. My order just arrived at the port in California, so now waiting for it to get off the boat and shipped from there.
Yeah I've seen it can take quite a while, I'm still putting the funds together so won't be in a position to order for a few months but just thought I would start enquiring and ticking a few boxes.

Hope everything arrives in perfect condition for you, be sure to post some pics up when you get them built.

Yeah I've seen it can take quite a while, I'm still putting the funds together so won't be in a position to order for a few months but just thought I would start enquiring and ticking a few boxes.

Hope everything arrives in perfect condition for you, be sure to post some pics up when you get them built.
Looking forward to getting it all set up. Hopefully you find a distributor in the UK so you don't have the import fees. If not and you buy directly from Moduspace, try to get during Black Friday to hopefully offset those fees.

Looking forward to getting it all set up. Hopefully you find a distributor in the UK so you don't have the import fees. If not and you buy directly from Moduspace, try to get during Black Friday to hopefully offset those fees.
I'll keep that in mind, if it's a heavy discount it would defiantly eat into the 20% import fees.

I've had a quick look and so far can only find a few UK based places selling Moducase products and they only store 1-2 options, which are all DF models :(

I'll keep that in mind, if it's a heavy discount it would defiantly eat into the 20% import fees.

I've had a quick look and so far can only find a few UK based places selling Moducase products and they only store 1-2 options, which are all DF models :(
If you have any larger figures or dioramas, then DF cases are what you want to go with. You can also get half shelves that give you more display depth if you go that route.

Otherwise the Sixth series will do you fine.

I ordered a bunch of 1/6 cases to take the place of some smaller ikea display cases for my office. They arrived in the US finally, so only a few more weeks. Now California to Maryland. I will share some pics when it is all assembled.

My order for a Sixth110 from SSC has been delayed for nearly a year now, and it's limit one per customer :lol. I'm guessing the retailers are just as slow as ordering directly from Moducase.

Back