Art Appreciation - Pin-Up Style

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really like these two.:clap:clap:clap:hi5:

:hi5:

and just for fun..
sketchaholic_Jscott_web.jpg

Someone is selling bootleg art prints of my original art. What can I do to stop him?

I was checking out eBay and apparently some dude is selling art prints of my original art I commission from JSC, and selling them for $200 a piece.

I never gave this guy permission to make art prints; Campbell never gives outside people permission to make art prints that he doesn't want to make himself; and this guy apparently sells prints of all sorts of commission pieces that have both been printed officially and unprinted officially, calling them "test runs."

What can I do to get him to stop? I tried reporting the item to eBay, but they only give you 100 characters to write up your reason, which is far too few characters to print up something intelligent and legible to the point. Campbell deals with this stuff everyday and won't contest the guy simply because it wastes his time trying to fight every bootlegger in the world. And while I'd like to get this guy to stop everything, I can only really focus on my own image and would like him to end the auction for that one image alone.

If anyone is at all curious, here's the auction:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/VERY-RARE-...038?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5d33fdbef6

Last edited:
In the "Questions and answers about this item" section, tell the truth. People will read it. If he deletes the whistle-blowing post, re-post it. He will then be faced with this decision: does he take down the bid, thereby earning no money for a product that really isn't his to sell OR does he contact eBay's staff and try to explain to THEM how it's very bad that you're complaining about his sale of a product that isn't his to sell?

In the "Questions and answers about this item" section, tell the truth. People will read it. If he deletes the whistle-blowing post, re-post it. He will then be faced with this decision: does he take down the bid, thereby earning no money for a product that really isn't his to sell OR does he contact eBay's staff and try to explain to THEM how it's very bad that you're complaining about his sale of a product that isn't his to sell?

That won't work, unfortunately, since questions are not posted automatically.The seller receives the question through eBay Messages, he then has the choice to either post it with an answer, answer the question without posting it publicly or not take any action at all.

IoE, have you tried calling eBay directly and explain to them your situation and concerns?

Someone is selling bootleg art prints of my original art. What can I do to stop him?

I was checking out eBay and apparently some dude is selling art prints of my original art I commission from JSC, and selling them for $200 a piece.

I never gave this guy permission to make art prints; Campbell never gives outside people permission to make art prints that he doesn't want to make himself; and this guy apparently sells prints of all sorts of commission pieces that have both been printed officially and unprinted officially, calling them "test runs."

What can I do to get him to stop? I tried reporting the item to eBay, but they only give you 100 characters to write up your reason, which is far too few characters to print up something intelligent and legible to the point. Campbell deals with this stuff everyday and won't contest the guy simply because it wastes his time trying to fight every bootlegger in the world. And while I'd like to get this guy to stop everything, I can only really focus on my own image and would like him to end the auction for that one image alone.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/VERY-RARE-...038?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5d33fdbef6

get everybody you know to bomb the auction page :lol

did you try and speak with a live rep? This kinda thing is happening more and more. I found someone selling prints of my work on ebay. I contacted the seller and ebay and he disappeared. I'm sure the a-hole will return.

I can't believe people are paying that much for crappy prints. This guy is making a fortune selling junk.

BB

255229_10150894751542581_1197955715_n.jpg

So he's showing MJ today and Gwen or Black Cat on Monday and Tues respectively?

Might go for all three depending on how the other two look. Not really feeling the Spidey being in the MJ one though so may pass on her if the other two aren't must haves.

255229_10150894751542581_1197955715_n.jpg

So he's showing MJ today and Gwen or Black Cat on Monday and Tues respectively?

Might go for all three depending on how the other two look. Not really feeling the Spidey being in the MJ one though so may pass on her if the other two aren't must haves.

OMG...his best spidey babes art to date!!!

LOVE IT.:thud::panic::love

You guys get that the Fairy Tales image IS the print that's going to be on sale and not those characters individually, right? It's a preview Lithograph for what's coming whenever JSC decides to release them (My guess is sometime closer to the end of the year on the East Coast somewhere)

Back