Art Figures - 1/6 AF-029 Edward Scissorhands

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Found them, $4k huh? That’s insane, they look good but in that lighting you wouldn’t tell they were metal imo. Ended up putting in a PO with Kit after some rewards and a code for the Artisan Edition.

I don't like the sculpt enough to get excited about this. If there's a premium price hike for rooted hair, the sculpt should be pretty exceptional too, or at least very close.

This one looks like the best cosplay you'd ever see at a convention, or a stylized animated/anime version of Depp as Scissorhands. Not sure what precisely is off about it - I know it's definitely around eyes - but the sculpt looks quite soft and unaccomplished for a premium-priced figure. It's the kind of sculpt that resembles what you imagine or remember the character to look like, but not what he actually looks like. I suppose that's what you call a caricature.

I'll have to look at my original version more closely, because I imagine they'll just reuse that sculpt for this new one. For an affordably priced third party figure I was more forgiving of whatever faults the original had (in fact, part of the fun of third party figures is seeing how well they do within a limited price point, and settling for "good enough"), but the big markup on this new version shouldn't be just for rooted hair alone. Share that cost with a deeper cut 2.0 artisan style sculpt and we're talking.

Last edited:
I agree with those points, I think the eyes could definitely use some work. A complete repaint would be ideal. I passed on the previous version because I’ve just never been a fan of sculpted hair and a root job would bring it into the $300 range anyways.

Shipping included with a coupon and rewards, paying the balance later, it’s not as bad. I’m curious about the other 3rd party version but won’t order it. Hoping to see if Hot Toys is at all interested. I would love individually detailed metal scissor hands but for $4k no thanks, and that’s coming from someone well invested in his work.

I wish we could make the crescent moon belt buckle a bit more of a polished silver than the flat out gold. Teasing the hair with some volume and sporadic hairs stood on their own will do wonders for the sculpt. Eyes could be a bit more lifelike and wide.
I might repaint the eyes myself once I get this in hand.

Last edited:
For anyone wanting to save a little more money, TNS has this up for PO as well. Full price at $355 so almost $20 less than OSK.

I'll have to look at my original version more closely, because I imagine they'll just reuse that sculpt for this new one.
It's the same sculpt as the original. The entire figure is the same as the original with the only difference being the hair.

Last edited:
Back