Avengers Secret Wars - November 7, 2025

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
C90D9496-ABF6-4E86-A334-8364122056B2.jpeg

The fact that they are regurgitating the Avengers to round out yet another long epic saga is sooooooo weak.
The Marvel universe is MASSIVE and there’s so much more to offer the fans than different versions of what we’ve already seen.
Personally, I’m over the Avengers. They’ve already beat that dead horse to epic death…

For me, so much of getting Doom right outside of the comics is the voice. Since we don’t normally see his face, so much as to come from that voice, not unlike Darth Vader. I’m hopeful we’ll get a proper comic accurate Dr Doom outfit this time and not a trash bag or whatever that last version was. But I’m not sold on RDJ having the right voice for Doom. I’m willing to see how it plays out but having Doom multiverse Stark is not what I was hoping for.

Like getting Panda Express when you're in the mood for Chinese.

Maybe that's not the most apt analogy since RDJ is an excellent actor and more than owns his role as Stark, but people want Classic Doom™ and they've been waiting for decades. We might still get him if it's a multiverse deal, but leading with this announcement is a little tone-deaf.

For me, so much of getting Doom right outside of the comics is the voice. Since we don’t normally see his face, so much as to come from that voice, not unlike Darth Vader. I’m hopeful we’ll get a proper comic accurate Dr Doom outfit this time and not a trash bag or whatever that last version was. But I’m not sold on RDJ having the right voice for Doom. I’m willing to see how it plays out but having Doom multiverse Stark is not what I was hoping for.

true, but it could be much worse, RDJ is a great actor. experienced. he's very good. he's a cool guy.
he's gonna have something to prove. everyone is going to doubt him
I think he's going to do great

Back