Statue Black Cat Polystone statue by J. Scott Campbell

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One difference I noticed between the JSC artwork and the statue's teaser image is where the costume's zipper ring is located. In the artwork, it's placed up to her cleavage which makes sense. On the teaser image, the zipper ring appears to be under her boobs. That would make sense if the costume was actually unzipped to that point but the costume is still clearly covering her boobs up. :huh

tumblr_m7393hFO8S1rq7hcqo1_500.jpg

preview__BlackCatStatue.jpg

:lol:lol:lol

Maybe she has a spidey bra :huh

That could actually work considering where the zipper ring is placed. I'm not sure how I'd feel about that though. I'd prefer they just stick to JSC's original art if it's indeed based on that. I personally like the ball of yarn representing Spidey and I think it's appropriate since she's a "cat".

Last edited:
It's crazy too b/c SS makes bases bigger than life now a day. Not a GG base. :slap :lol

Yea she would be super small if her base was flat. But if they do stick with a flat base, I hope the cost reflects it.
That being said, I think it could make for an interesting display if you have the whole JSC collection together.

just bought a house...finally able to open these up and have space to put em out. not sure where blackcat is gonna go tho...

B6ufmTQIcAApN-x.jpg

Looks like a diamond-themed base.

Going back and looking at the pic with Steve Schumacher, I agree it does seem that she'll be perched on a pile of jewels and maybe gold bars. The disc just looks like the foundation. The concept art in the pic is way too blurry but that's my guess. Hopefully that will be enough to elevate her to at least MJ's height.

Back