Blitzway - 1/6 Scale Ghostbusters - Collectible Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For existing owners, it's a bit more of a kick in the balls to do straight re-releases with new headsculpts in my opinion. Straight rerelease, Ok, you can skip it. Complete upgrades, Ok, you can upgrade or stick with what you've got and have something distinctive either way. But that's something I would have bought the first time around, and after already shelling out $900 it's damn hard to justify buying them again. But we will see how they look. I'm not sure what they chose is how I would have handled a second Venkman.

Still oversized bodies with smallish heads, so no need to upgrade. Just try and get the heads parted out.
Despite that these are great figures. I have enjoyed them on display since day one, and am glad folks will have a chance if they missed the first time around. If any geek film and it's collectors deserve this kind of love it's this.

I have the originals but not sure if I’m gonna get a 2.0 set.
Will the Blitzway 2.0 figures be in the $300 range?

If so, I might stick with the original Blitzway set and still keep the POs for Present Toys at $200 since the 2.0 is almost a straight reissues - I was going to put them in the Ecto-1.

Not sure if the paint applications are better from this distance and how different the second sculpts are. Odd that only Peter and Ray get alternate sculpts.

I think they were in the low to mid 200s initially. But since the development and tooling is largely done they probably could charge a bit less than $300 if they chose to. Having said that, they aren't doing this for charity and probably could get away with something closer to $350 each.

Bigger
g14e3g59s8sd1.jpeg

Winston's head still looks to be on the tiny side. Man, not only do I hate that I'll have to re-buy the whole set, but with inflation and the weaker Canadian dollar, the price tag is going to hurt a lot.

Back