Bowen Statues/Busts - Look what's coming!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hay Guys

Here is a recent custom Banshee statue into his X-Men uniform i did for someone. Yellow is always a pain to paint, but i did all the first before the blue which made things more complex for masking but best way to do it since blue under could turn it slight green.

As for the custom work i had to redo the collar which meant i had to redo the neck line and muscles and of course all the straps and belt buckle.

So hope you guys like him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YaU9WeWr1Hk

BansheeLong.jpg

Awesome job! You just gave BD an idea to make a variant of Banshee!

:clap

Because people like what they like. I only collect SSC right now, but I don't look down my nose at those who like Bowen. After all who the hell are we to judge others?

Because some peeps around here are smug and think their opinion is all that matters. I personally like BD and I am happy to buy from both companies. I even pick up pieces released by Koto from time to time. Their Magneto and Spidey statues look fantastic. In the end, I buy what I like. I could care less about what others think. Not all of us have the same tastes nor collect for the same reasons.

How can you collect Bowen when there is SideShow which is far superior in every way?

what does it matter that SIdeshow is superior, agreed Sideshow gives us good products, But without Bowen , we wouldnt be able to have complete teams, minor characters , various eras,etc
I cant get a avengers or x men team from sideshow
Bowen offers me that.only gripe is i think they are a tad overpriced and smaller than 1/6 but atleast we will have enough space to display different teams,I can wait to complete my AVengers and X force team and then start on X men team
SIdeshow already released most of the member and its impossible to get them without paying over the roof,U have to remember that most early marvel characters have a low ES of around 400-500 , so only maybe a max of 400 people could own a sideshow Marvel team , Im sure there are many more people who would love to have marvel team setups and minor characters they love

The only Bowen I own is a 99 Captain America. It's nice but I don't care for it... these don't hold value like SSC does. I can't move it for anything reasonable.

Some are nice, some aren't. It's a preference thing.

Because some peeps around here are smug and think their opinion is all that matters. I personally like BD and I am happy to buy from both companies. I even pick up pieces released by Koto from time to time. Their Magneto and Spidey statues look fantastic. In the end, I buy what I like. I could care less about what others think. Not all of us have the same tastes nor collect for the same reasons.

I TOTALLY agree with this ENTIRE post^^^^. I hate that some seem to feel that they are the ONLY ones who can have a VALID opinion.

The only Bowen I own is a 99 Captain America. It's nice but I don't care for it... these don't hold value like SSC does. I can't move it for anything reasonable.

Some are nice, some aren't. It's a preference thing.

u say u dont care for it , then why buy it, this is what confuses me , get something if it really appeals to u, take ur time to see in hand pic , etc before deciding to waste money on it and then it becomes less disappointing,
my first statue was the Bowen tim miller black widow and black cat , both are lovely and sexy, Bowen redid them again,was i pissed. after thinking abt it a long time i ordered the new Bowen retro black cat do, I will wait and see if i need to get Black widow too.

Lol...what a terrible post. Why don't you start another worthless thread.

Also, Bowen will give me something that Sideshow doesn't always produce.....classic/retro designs from the silver/bronze age of comics.

ya sometimes these type of post makes us feel those who collect Bowens are weirdos, cheapos, and have no taste in anything artfull.people should be more careful in posting without hurting others sentiments :mad:

ya sometimes these type of post makes us feel those who collect Bowens are weirdos, cheapos, and have no taste in anything artfull.people should be more careful in posting without hurting others sentiments :mad:

The original poster seems to like to do this a lot. Insult the prize possessions of others and the like. I just don't understand that type of attitude. Now if you want to get into business decisions and the like of Randy Bowen.....l well that is another story best saved for PMs ...lol.

My one problem with Bowen is that they are overpriced for their scale. About $125 more and you can get a Sideshow pf.

My one problem with Bowen is that they are overpriced for their scale. About $125 more and you can get a Sideshow pf.

I agree that the price points are out of wack IMHO, but who am I to say what other guys should spend their money on. Also, Bowen's look like they stepped right out of the comics, and I can see why some would love that look.

Not the way Sideshow has been going lately. And their prices will continue to rise.

Also, Bowen's look like they stepped right out of the comics, and I can see why some would love that look.

:exactly: :goodpost:

And Bowen's won't?

Sure they will. I'll pay a bit more for statues that I collect from a specific time period that fits my collecting needs.

$399 is what $249 use to be from Sideshow. I'm not complaining if Sideshow would produce pieces of super-hero characters from the '60s and '70s. I doubt they will though. In fact, the Rhino comiquette does indeed fit my needs with the retro-head and that's why I have it on order.

Trust me, if I could afford customs of Bowen statues in 1/4 scale, I'd do it.

Not the way Sideshow has been going lately. And their prices will continue to rise.

:exactly: :goodpost:

Why thank you, and I so see the value of having statues that look like they stepped right out of the comics.

I will say though given the differences between the size and detail Bowens seem to be slightly overpriced. For example Skaar went for about $379 and is about 26" tall while the Bowen Savage Hulk is $249 and about 15" tall. So in the end you get almost an entire foot more Statue with a fair amount more detail for $120 extra. Now I know it doesn't equate exactly like that, but it is just something I think about.

Then again EVERYTIME I see a Bowen HulkBuster in person I drewel I littl bit...:lol

Why thank you, and I so see the value of having statues that look like they stepped right out of the comics.

I will say though given the differences between the size and detail Bowens seem to be slightly overpriced. For example Skaar went for about $379 and is about 26" tall while the Bowen Savage Hulk is $249 and about 15" tall. So in the end you get almost an entire foot more Statue with a fair amount more detail for $120 extra. Now I know it doesn't equate exactly like that, but it is just something I think about.

Yeah, I can't argue that but both of these companies are going up. I was just stating to BurningRage that Sideshow isn't getting any cheaper either.

I'm just willing to pay a premium price for something that stepped out of the comics from a time period that I grew up in.

And this is coming from a guy owns plenty of Sideshow PFs. :lol

Yeah, I can't argue that but both of these companies are going up. I was just stating to BurningRage that Sideshow isn't getting any cheaper either.

I'm just willing to pay a premium price for something that stepped out of the comics from a time period that I grew up in.

And this is coming from a guy owns plenty of Sideshow PFs. :lol

Yeah I think there is merit to both companies. I have to admit I am tempted by a few of the Bowen Action pieces, and some of the modern age statues like the modern Iron Man. They are all nice pieces. Though like SSC there is the hit and miss factor. To me the Bowen Action Spiderman looks chunky .... Lol.

Yeah I think there is merit to both companies. I have to admit I am tempted by a few of the Bowen Action pieces, and some of the modern age statues like the modern Iron Man. They are all nice pieces. Though like SSC there is the hit and miss factor. To me the Bowen Action Spiderman looks chunky .... Lol.

Yeah, I'm sure Bowen has produced some clunkers but I don't think they have ever reached the level of Sideshow's Venomsaurus. :horror :lol

Back