Captain America 4 New World Order - May 3, 2024

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Red Hulk
Spoiler Spoiler:

Out of context makes it seem somebody is giving him the "sun is getting real low" treatment offscreen.

Wonder which will do worse at the BO. This or Thunderbolts. That'll be more fun to watch then the movie itself.

Especially after Wolverine & Deadpool break the $1b threshold. And Disney thinks the MCU is back to glory. :lol

Wonder which will do worse at the BO. This or Thunderbolts. That'll be more fun to watch then the movie itself.
I always try to withhold judgment of what a film can do until I see it. But here we have a Captain America movie with Sam Wilson instead of Steve Rogers, where his enemies are hulk characters, and then Thunderbolts movie with a band of b level misfits that fans aren't going crazy to see (and where the director doesn't have a penchant for a tongue in cheek approach a la James Gunn). Both might work. It's possible these could be some of the best comic movies ever. But it is strange that these are the next tentpole movies. They seem better suited to a Disney TV show. Feels like Sony decision making on the surface.

Especially after Wolverine & Deadpool break the $1b threshold. And Disney thinks the MCU is back to glory. :lol
Looking forward to Thunderbolts. Or, at least Wyatt Russell said "it's time for a good Marvel movie". :monkey3

And,

"Louis-Dreyfus, who wrapped filming her scenes by early June,[72][73] believed Marvel Studios was trying to "go back to their roots" with the film, focusing on "the human story" with multiple stunt sequences and avoiding CGI when possible."

Fortunately Bucky Barnes isn't under the TFAWS writers either who nerfed him and threw out a perfectly good bro action film so they could lecture the audience. Florence Pugh. This cast has charisma if they don't mess it up.:huh

(and where the director doesn't have a penchant for a tongue in cheek approach a la James Gunn).

IMO Gunn is way over-rated. Done with GOTG #1 after that it was bathroom humor and Gamora's speech in IW dragged on forever zzzzz.

I don't expect much from THIS film, since the same TFAWS head writer Malcolm Spellman is a co-writer. Probably another cringe speech. Maybe Falcon-Cap will use his boat to escape the bad guys, as driven by his nagging sister. Maybe the new Falcon will introduce the new Cap to the concept of a Federal Credit Union.:hammerhead: and/or being able to take a loan from the government 401k plan.

Maybe the new Cap will get some serum from Bruce Banner and everybody gets to be a super soldier.:stake

“Help me rebuild the Avengers”

They are literally addressing the complaints from fans that Marvel hasn’t given us a clear picture post EG who the Avengers are after how many movies into phase 4!

That must’ve been part of the reshoots lol

They are literally addressing the complaints from fans that Marvel hasn’t given us a clear picture post EG who the Avengers are after how many movies into phase 4!

Yes.... :yess:

All our favorites are returning in the New Avengers for Falcon Cap to lead!! Shang Shi, She-Hulk, Ms Mavel, Cap Mavel, the other Mavel, Super Skrull girl, Shuri Panther, Cassy Ant-Man/Giant Man, girl Hawkeye and maybe if we're lucky we'll get Iron Heart too!!

The New Avengers team is gonna be epic!! :panic: Can't wait to see this group take on Doom!!

:rotfl

Anthony Mackie headlining the Avengers just doesn't work. Until they realize that Doomsday and Secret Wars are DOA.

Anthony Mackie headlining the Avengers just doesn't work. Until they realize that Doomsday and Secret Wars are DOA.
Weeeelllll....since comics seem to bounce around shuffling various line-ups for different teams, I can give it a chance.
Am more concerned about the RUMORED problems on set e.g. major rewrites, or working from no script at all - as well as one of the lead writers wanting to lecture folks again.

LOL at least someone finally mentions this big robot looking rock that just appears in the ocean. Maybe at some point we'll get Jon Snow back too. :monkey3

“Ladies and gentlemen I present to you, adamantium”

I never thought in a million years that I would hear those words coming out of Han and Indy!

“Ladies and gentlemen I present to you, adamantium”

I never thought in a million years that I would hear those words coming out of Han and Indy!
That reminds me of how surreal it was to hear this girl say "AT-ST." :love

1723481365071.png

Can't wait to hear Ford's answer when an interviewer asks him to explain what adamantium is, lol.

Back