Confirmed Upcoming 1/6 Star Wars Releases: Hot Toys & Sideshow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Confirmed Upcoming Sideshow Star Wars Releases: 1/6 Figures and Accessories

If they did revisit ALL of the Sideshow ones you'll be waiting for decades.

True, but maybe by then, there will be a new company that out does HT. And is as quick or quicker than SS.

sideshow pretty much have nailed aliens and clones plus a few hit and miss humans.female characters are looong overdue.we need a new leia and a new padme.
id also like ben kenobis hut similiar to yodas...

Long Term Future Releases???

Luke Skywalker - Jedi Master
Princess Leia - Jedi Knight
both to be released 2015

:yess::yess::yess:

Sorry to burst your bubble but it sounds like this new trilogy will offer us a brand new start with no link to the OT heroes whatsoever.
This being said, it doesn't rule out your "long term futur releases" completely.

Sorry to burst your bubble but it sounds like this new trilogy will offer us a brand new start with no link to the OT heroes whatsoever.
This being said, it doesn't rule out your "long term futur releases" completely.

this is still a rumor. and has not been confirmed.

I think we're ok on still getting the older characters before any new chracter figs hit the sideshow/hot toys shelf.. Considering if the movies do come out in 2015, we have 3 years of older figs and then maybe more in 2016,17 etc.. None of the (new) characters will be popular enough (right away) to earn the value and demand to warrant the price sideshow and hot toys will want to list them for.

I think we're ok on still getting the older characters before any new chracter figs hit the sideshow/hot toys shelf.. Considering if the movies do come out in 2015, we have 3 years of older figs and then maybe more in 2016,17 etc.. None of the (new) characters will be popular enough (right away) to earn the value and demand to warrant the price sideshow and hot toys will want to list them for.

Ya your right. Who would pay $140 for a character that has less then 30 seconds of screen time.

Commander Neyo, Commander Fox, Commander bly, Commander ganch, Commander Bacara, phase 1 trooper lt, Sgt, cap, At least Gree and the no name green trooper got their heads cut off by yoda.

At least commander cody, and captain Rex has screen time in clone Wars.

Nope I can see this happening.

All those characters had years of being seen over and over, dissected, viewers picking apart every scene and character and gaining appeal to get purchased years later. I didn't say new characters won't gain enough love to be made or desired. I was saying right away, weeks after viewing I don't feel the love and desire will be tied to those new characters right away, at least enough to immediately preorder A $150 pr more figure of a character i just saw and learned about a few days ago. That's my opinion, but again, I wasn't saying that they won't warrant a demand based upon short screen time, we all know characters can and have done that, I was saying I don't think enough people will see that character for the first time and want to drop $150 or more immediately, I figured maybe after multiple viewings and the other coming episodes, fans will have time to learn about, enjoy and more desire those new characters.

All those characters had years of being seen over and over, dissected, viewers picking apart every scene and character and gaining appeal to get purchased years later. I didn't say new characters won't gain enough love to be made or desired. I was saying right away, weeks after viewing I don't feel the love and desire will be tied to those new characters right away, at least enough to immediately preorder A $150 pr more figure of a character i just saw and learned about a few days ago. That's my opinion, but again, I wasn't saying that they won't warrant a demand based upon short screen time, we all know characters can and have done that, I was saying I don't think enough people will see that character for the first time and want to drop $150 or more immediately, I figured maybe after multiple viewings and the other coming episodes, fans will have time to learn about, enjoy and more desire those new characters.

They're are many 3.75 that have very little screen time. ICE CREAM MAN. It will come down to this. As collectors we buy what we like no matter what the screen time or background is. As someone that has been collecting for over 20 years. Give me more. Only I like to see more ships.

Right, I'm not sure if you're confusing what m saying. I am not saying anything about screen time or background. I was only saying in my opinion, I didn't think the majority of fans would desire a figure of a character they Just recently "met". Not more than a character they already know. I know Han has already been done, but I (as well as many others I believe) would like a hot toys dx amazing version of Han before any new character possibly introduced in 2015. Again, my opinion, and I see what you're saying, i think both old and new will be done in the years to come. Regardless of screen time or background. I just don't believe that new elaborate versions of established and integral characters will be replaced or delayed too much due to brand new characters. Either way, The more the merrier, introduce em all, but I'm sure these companies have a lot on their plate with realizing new versions of the well established characters we all know and love.

I agree, and I hope whoever is producing figures in 2015 agrees too.

Whilst i was more tongue-in-cheek saying about Ep VII figures in my earlier post. I would love for Sideshow to refine the earliest releases, most of the earlier figures headsculpts look prehistoric compared to the ones being produced now. TBH i'm getting really sick of the endless Clone Troopers now, if only for a General Veers or a Dengar for this Christmas.

Wish we had some news on the next HT Sdub figure!
Come one HT show us a teaser soon.

it is amazing... they literally have a license to print money yet haven't kicked the machine totally on.

Removed the TPM Kenobi... I think that's the only solid update we've had since SDCC :huh

Chewy 1/6 figure that I got to see. If done well a definite buy for 1/6 collectors.

Chewy 1/6 figure that I got to see. If done well a definite buy for 1/6 collectors.

It'll be like the original Kenner figure when its released, everywhere you look it'll be SOLD OUT.:lol

sideshow pretty much have nailed aliens and clones plus a few hit and miss humans.female characters are looong overdue.we need a new leia and a new padme.
id also like ben kenobis hut similiar to yodas...

Yup :exactly:

Done well and having fur that isn't sculpted are in the same book for me. Out of any 1/6 SW PR/OT I believe chewy is the hardest character to create.

Back