Current discount codes at SSC

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Current discount codes at SSC: List of Spook codes in 1st post

It was the worst , really missed a opportunity to modernize the issues or even remake the sequel and stir up interest for the final part of the trilogy that wasn't released . I can't believe Richard O'Brian ever agreed to it :(

He didn't. Fox stole the rights to all film related Rocky Horror stuff out from under him (poor Michael White - the story goes the US-execs doped him up until he didn't know what he was signing). Richard O'Brien was against the thing - but he is happily allowing the musical to continue in the UK and other countries, and the musical sticks to the spirit of the original 70s show, if not necessarily the aesthetic, far more.

That bad? I didn't bother watching it as I figured it wouldn't be worth it.

Tim Curry as the narrator looked bored and felt passionless, they should have had Adam Lambert as FrankNFurter instead of Laverne Cox and some of the other casting was off as well. Rocky wearing board shorts instead of hot pants was bad, the flashes to audience participation that was scripted was awful.

All in all just a piss poor job.

But the remake sucked

You can't duplicate Tim Curry's screen presence in that movie. He was magnetic. The rest of the cast was great too. I love Meat Loaf's role.

Murphy's remake was crap.

Tim Curry as the narrator looked bored and felt passionless, they should have had Adam Lambert as FrankNFurter instead of Laverne Cox and some of the other casting was off as well. Rocky wearing board shorts instead of hot pants was bad, the flashes to audience participation that was scripted was awful.

All in all just a piss poor job.

Tim Curry had me really worried , he looked and acted like he is minutes from death . They even had some "secretary" do all the movement , I really don't know why even the bad reviews praised his "performance" , nothing against a brilliant man like Curry is , but it was literally like they yanked him completely xanexed out from a nursing home and held him hostage for filming.

And it was ridiculously edited and the opposite of the message the 1975 version wished to convey and the glam rock part was all washed away for the Glee obsession age .....

That episode of South Park with George Lucas raping a stormtrooper , that basically sums up the remake ... you will want to call 911 a few minutes in to report ... and I wish that was a exaggeration.

He didn't. Fox stole the rights to all film related Rocky Horror stuff out from under him (poor Michael White - the story goes the US-execs doped him up until he didn't know what he was signing). Richard O'Brien was against the thing - but he is happily allowing the musical to continue in the UK and other countries, and the musical sticks to the spirit of the original 70s show, if not necessarily the aesthetic, far more.

This makes me a sad panda :(

Not seen the remake yet (in the UK, and really don't intend to pay for the dubious privilege, however I suspect curiosity will win out eventually) however Tim Curry has had a fairly major stroke relatively recently, and I suspect he's still suffering from the after-effects.

Ironman giveaway just went up on Facebook so they are ALIVE

Not seen the remake yet (in the UK, and really don't intend to pay for the dubious privilege, however I suspect curiosity will win out eventually) however Tim Curry has had a fairly major stroke relatively recently, and I suspect he's still suffering from the after-effects.

This is sad to hear , might be what was up ....

15 hours without a code. May be the longest we've gone without one.

Curry suffered a major stroke in 2013. You can see the severity of it, since years later, he remains fairly impaired.
I'm glad we still have him around, but I miss the ol' Tim dearly! :(

Sucks miss the code and then go the whole day dry.

Fortune Teller has new ones up.

WH1PIT is 100 off Whiplash Mark II

Curry suffered a major stroke in 2013. You can see the severity of it, since years later, he remains fairly impaired.
I'm glad we still have him around, but I miss the ol' Tim dearly! :(

I hated seeing him in the remake. He was such a stud in '75. Seeing him now is just depressing.

In my mind he's always at his prime, looking like Frank.

Current discount codes at SSC: List of Spook codes in 1st post

Fortune Teller has new ones up.

WH1PIT is 100 off Whiplash Mark II

They removed the invite only discount. In other words, same discount for whiplash. But now we can't use RP.

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk

Seems like a nice gesture to include him, but probably not the best idea. And the new version looked awful, I wasn't interested in seeing it and the bad reviews haven't changed that. Some things should be left alone :lecture

Back