Current discount codes at SSC

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SPKYRWDSYFRXQTQQLBIB $2
HTaFEEm.gif

I don’t even bother with Spooktacular. It’s always seemed kinda silly to me and now days when it’s mostly dollar codes.. nah.

Add in the fact that there are better places to shop for figures besides Sideshow anyways and there’s not much appeal other than if they have a markdown on something worthwhile.

I miss Paul and Autumn. I thought Spooktacular was worse under their direction than under Susan's, but they both seemed to actually be trying to have fun with things, and rewards were still pretty plentiful (and didn't expire in a ****ing month) in comparison to this year's ****show. This crew, under Zod knows whose leadership, is just going through the motions, and while I know it's not their fault that my whopping twelve bucks will expire in less than 30 days, it's still ****ty.

I don’t even bother with Spooktacular. It’s always seemed kinda silly to me and now days when it’s mostly dollar codes.. nah.

Add in the fact that there are better places to shop for figures besides Sideshow anyways and there’s not much appeal other than if they have a markdown on something worthwhile.
Yeah they can choke on their IG-11's (great figure btw) - and everything else that has been in stock for years. Sad you have to figure in about $40 just on tax and shipping alone. I have been finding better deals on eBay on the few figures I buy these days. Not to mention, and this isn't entirely their fault because HT is releasing too much product but - I personally like to see the final product before I order anything and due to HT going bonkers SS stops taking orders a lot earlier than they us to because they don't want to be stuck with a million IG-11's.

Take Bane for example, I had very little interest in upgrading that figure until I saw the final product turn out to be HT FOTY contention but alas it never made it to stock. Also, The Batman - wanted to wait and see which was the better option on that one but again it never made it to stock and I ended up with nothing (you get nothing) - and so I moved on out of disgust.

Sure back in the old days it was like this, you had to PO or miss out but then we became spoiled I suppose and you could wait until release. Everything is kind of messy right now and not very fun at all.

And then there's those times I said to myself I was out when a figure reached a certain price point. The price point kept changing but then HT again went bonkers with product and now I want too many figures I really can't afford anymore because my yearly HT budget has been desecrated by inflation.

/rant

Back