Current discount codes at SSC

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
AE does it and they sell out of items all the time (not just HT and SS products). Think even more ppl would buy from them if they allowed RPs to be gained even when using RPs. I know I would make SS my only place of buying if they were like that instead of only ordering from them when I want an EX

How often does AE give customers codes/coupons or have contests for free merchandise?

I've never purchased from them, but it becomes a cycle once you start until you save up enough for a free figure. Since you get reward points on every order, whether you use old reward points or a coupon or not, you will always have reward points leftover afterwards to use. So people keep buying from them I guess until they save up enough reward points to get a free figure. With SSC, you can basically get to 0 reward points any time by using them up since you don't get anymore afterwards from the difference that you pay.

You can accumulate more SSC reward points through purchases and their code giveaways than you could just purchasing from AE. Right?

How often does AE give customers codes/coupons or have contests for free merchandise?
They do lots of give always at their actual store. Don't see how that matters though when we're talking about RPs :dunno
You can accumulate more SSC reward points through purchases and their code giveaways than you could just purchasing from AE. Right?

You might be right. Idk and don't really care to do the math tbh :lol For me it's a simple choice to go with AE when I can usually get what I want for a cheaper price and get RPs while doing so. Sure SS gives coupon codes that I think we're all very thankful for especially those who prefer to order through SS but usually that coupon code gets you at the same price as AE or some other retailer but you don't get RPs due to using that coupon; so, again AE wins b/c I get it for the same price w/o using a coupon and still get RPs

Now with all that said, I'm going to cancel and re order my EX The Crow with this new coupon code :lol

They do lots of give always at their actual store. Don't see how that matters though when we're talking about RPs :dunno

You might be right. Idk and don't really care to do the math tbh :lol For me it's a simple choice to go with AE when I can usually get what I want for a cheaper price and get RPs while doing so. Sure SS gives coupon codes that I think we're all very thankful for especially those who prefer to order through SS but usually that coupon code gets you at the same price as AE or some other retailer but you don't get RPs due to using that coupon; so, again AE wins b/c I get it for the same price w/o using a coupon and still get RPs

Now with all that said, I'm going to cancel and re order my EX The Crow with this new coupon code :lol

:lol I'm too lazy to do the math too! You can't go wrong with either company, I've been treated very well by both :)

I like math, so I did a "quick" rundown. Prepare for :lecture

Sideshow gives you 5% back for each dollar you spend, while Alter Ego gives you back 2%. So in order to get $5 back from each, you'd need to spend $100 at Sideshow compared to $250 at AE. Those are just the raw numbers and depend on the actual item in question (I'll be using HT figures as my basis below).

For instance, with the HT Iron Man Silver Centurion, it's $250 at SSC and $240 at AE. You'd get $12.50 back from SSC versus $4.80 with AE (I'm assuming reward points at AE don't include shipping costs in their calculations). Keeping in mind the $10 price differential, that means that as long as AE's shipping is no more than $2.30 more expensive than SSC's, AE is the better deal. For shipping to IL, AE quoted $15.12 as opposed to SSC's $10. So barring any coupons/sales tax, SSC is the better option here (if you want to bank the most points).

However, if you use a $20 SSC coupon, then it will almost certainly be the better option here. You have a pre-shipping effective price of $230 as opposed to $235.20 at AE (after the "cashback"). So unless you're getting much cheaper shipping with AE than with SSC (namely, a savings of at least $5.20), you're better off buying from SSC.

This'll all change if you change the base price of the item in question, especially since AE charges a variable shipping cost. For most HT figures where AE offers a $10 discount and where SSC charges $10 shipping, you're most likely better off buying from SSC. For those with larger discounts and/or equal shipping costs, things can swing in the other direction (like with the Batman Armory or Amazing Spider-Man).

For those algebraically inclined, let p be the item price and s the shipping cost, where index 1 is for SSC and 2 for AE. Then absent sales tax, SSC is "cheaper" (including the value of reward points) if:
s1 - s2 < 0.98*p2 - 0.95*p1​
If the inequality goes the other way, then AE is the better option.

(someone please don't tell me I made an arithmetic mistake somewhere in there...):thud:

Your Word: SSCNEWS2014

Reward Points: 100 ($5)

Opportunity Expires: 01/04/14

:clap

Thanks for the heads up, Vander! :rock

Got it!

And with that, the Fox returns! It feels good to be back.

Back