DC Direct doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

oh boy this is for crying.... a new Batman figure falls permantely due to the uneven foot shape (great job, DCC) but an old, and I mean VERY old kenner figure that is all over shaky from playing within childhood stands for HOURS without any cheats. I never had to use stands for any of my figures, but that f--king BTAS-Batman just can't stand without it. that sucks.

anyone who got the Phantasm Batman: Can you tell me, if he has the exactly same feet or resculpted ones?

They took the rotating boot articulation away that the TBNA Batman figure had. BTAS Batman's feet are permanently 100% pointed straight forward so he either falls forward or he falls backward

but he shouldn't fall at all. normaly feet have to be even (sorry can't say it better, but I hope you still understand what I mean) so that they don't tilt over.
(uh my english s--ks)
I have a Batman Figure from Mattel (Total Heroes) and lots of Final Fantasy Play Arts and non of them has any problems with standing. never fall or stagger

When are the freakin reissues coming out..thought Feb :gah:

DC Collectibles has fallen behind schedule VERY badly. Who knows lol

DC Collectibles has fallen behind schedule VERY badly. Who knows lol

SDCC we will find out what is going on

Too many different things they are doing..ICONs, Tv show franchises, statues, busts etc. They tackled too much :gah:

oh boy this is for crying.... a new Batman figure falls permantely due to the uneven foot shape (great job, DCC) but an old, and I mean VERY old kenner figure that is all over shaky from playing within childhood stands for HOURS without any cheats. I never had to use stands for any of my figures, but that f--king BTAS-Batman just can't stand without it. that sucks.

anyone who got the Phantasm Batman: Can you tell me, if he has the exactly same feet or resculpted ones?

I have both the single-carded BTAS Batman and the MOTP 2-pack Batman.

One thing I noticed: the knee articulation on the MOTP one is very loose, which is what makes it fall with ease.

I, then, simply switched bodies, as the overall articulation on the single-carded Batman is very stiff.
He has since stood very well. :wink1:

So far, so good.

If you have the single-carded Batman, try switching bodies.

Yeah a lot of people reported the leg of the single carded batman breaking off because he was so stiff so DC Collectibles loosened up the Phantasm Batman to fix this issue - which sadly translated into loose joints

but he shouldn't fall at all. normaly feet have to be even (sorry can't say it better, but I hope you still understand what I mean) so that they don't tilt over.
(uh my english s--ks)
I have a Batman Figure from Mattel (Total Heroes) and lots of Final Fantasy Play Arts and non of them has any problems with standing. never fall or stagger

Do you mean it tilts over because the legs aren't both the same length? I've had a couple figures with that issue. The hardest one to get standing for me is Bane. His ankle hinge has gotten so loose he can barely stand even with the waist grabber. Ivy is 2nd worst, with loose knees, followed by Manbat, who's leg swivel is loose as hell too. Though this line isn't nearly as bad as the Designer figs with the joints getting loose. Every male I have from the Designer series either has loose ass knees or feet. Most can hardly stay standing even on bases with pegs. Most of DCC's **** has joints either way too tight or way too loose. They need to find a nice medium. Especially for those getting the movie figs with all the potentially disastrous articulation

I have both the single-carded BTAS Batman and the MOTP 2-pack Batman.

One thing I noticed: the knee articulation on the MOTP one is very loose, which is what makes it fall with ease.

I, then, simply switched bodies, as the overall articulation on the single-carded Batman is very stiff.
He has since stood very well. :wink1:

So far, so good.

If you have the single-carded Batman, try switching bodies.

with my Batman the problem are the feet themself. 1 they are tilding because they don't have a straight ground and 2 the articulation is loose and retreat easily
(why have you so many words for only 1 thing? Englisch ? Deutsch Wörterbuch - leo.org: Startseite It's pretty hard finding the right word.)
I could fix it with glue but I don't want to ruin the figure by this.

Do you mean it tilts over because the legs aren't both the same length? I've had a couple figures with that issue. The hardest one to get standing for me is Bane. His ankle hinge has gotten so loose he can barely stand even with the waist grabber. Ivy is 2nd worst, with loose knees, followed by Manbat, who's leg swivel is loose as hell too. Though this line isn't nearly as bad as the Designer figs with the joints getting loose. Every male I have from the Designer series either has loose ass knees or feet. Most can hardly stay standing even on bases with pegs. Most of DCC's **** has joints either way too tight or way too loose. They need to find a nice medium. Especially for those getting the movie figs with all the potentially disastrous articulation

no I mean the foot's ground is not in one line. whether he stands on the heel or on the toes but never on the whole feet like it should be

with my Batman the problem are the feet themself. 1 they are tilding because they don't have a straight ground and 2 the articulation is loose and retreat easily
(why have you so many words for only 1 thing? Englisch ? Deutsch Wörterbuch - leo.org: Startseite It's pretty hard finding the right word.)
I could fix it with glue but I don't want to ruin the figure by this.

Oh, you mean the soles of his feet are uneven?

If that's the case, maybe you could try sanding the soles a bit?

Seriously, guys...

I need that Gordon figure in my life.

I've never had a Gordon fig.
cry_smile.gif

I've done that with figures. It certainly works. The other thing I've had some success with is doing the hot water/hot air trick like with a bent arm or leg and pressing the foot (be careful not to bend the ankles or anything and focus strictly on the foot) down on a flat surface.

This really made me laugh. :lol
I don't know about the Brits, Canadians, or Australians...
But here in the United States we like to unnecessarily overcomplicate things :)
Besides, how else would we make crossword puzzles? ;)

and risk ruining the whole figure because of sanding to much by mistake? no thanks.

This really made me laugh. :lol
I don't know about the Brits, Canadians, or Australians...
But here in the United States we like to unnecessarily overcomplicate things :)
Besides, how else would we make crossword puzzles? ;)

the funny thing is that most people claim german being hard to learn. good joke.
okay we have 3 kinds of "the" but I can't remember we have millions of words for one thing

and risk ruining the whole figure because of sanding to much by mistake? no thanks.

the funny thing is that most people claim german being hard to learn. good joke.
okay we have 3 kinds of "the" but I can't remember we have millions of words for one thing

We do have those words too. :lol
Trust me, learning English is far more easy than vice versa.

We do have those words too. :lol
Trust me, learning English is far more easy than vice versa.

I'm only fluent in English, but I'm pretty sure it's one of the most difficult languages to learn. Here in America, we take English courses each year for our entire thirteen year tenure of school. Still, many people cannot use grammar properly. For example, this forum is filled with improper usage of the word "to."

yes or they use "your" when they mean to say "You're" (you are)

Also, the improper usage of "it's" (it is)... Several people type/write "it's" when they mean "its" (the possessive pronoun).
That's one of the most common wrong usage of a word.

I'm fluent in English and Portuguese, and, still to this day, I do believe Portuguese is more difficult to learn than English.

My wife has two uncles who immigrated to Montreal from Germany decades ago and married French Canadian women. Although her uncles understand French and her aunts understand German, they speak English at home because it's easier for all of them.

Back