Dexter: Resurrection (Michael C. Hall returns.. AGAIN)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
New Blood ended in a rushed and terrible way in the last half of the final episode, but the season itself went at a good pace and was FAR better than season 8. Harrison was fine. He was kind of a dick to Dexter, but who can blame him?? Dexter literally got his mom murdered, abandoned him and left him with a serial killer, who then also died. People only truly hate him now because he killed Dexter at the end.
The whole arc with Dexter and Harrison wasn’t very good is the problem. The way Harrison acted towards Dexter was justifiable but the writers danced around any form of trying to get them to talk or even interact much until like the last couple episodes.

The whole arc with Dexter and Harrison wasn’t very good is the problem. The way Harrison acted towards Dexter was justifiable but the writers danced around any form of trying to get them to talk or even interact much until like the last couple episodes.
I never said it was great, just that the season was easily better than season 8, which was a disgrace.

The main problem with New Blood is it felt like it should have got a second season. Dexter and Harrison finally started bonding in episode 9, and it was quality Dexter content. But then in episode 10 they just backtracked all of it in the space of a few minutes and then had Harrison murder his own dad, not to mention the Angel Batista tease that went nowhere, and STILL having no payoff whatsoever in terms of Miami Metro finding out who he really was. A second season with Dexter on the run with Harrison, with Batista, Quinn, Masuka after them could have been amazing.

Instead we got a rushed terrible ending and now they are retconning it and rebooting it again because everybody hated it. Michael C Hall even said in a new interview that Dexter: Resurrection could potentially last for several seasons.... like, they should have thought about that when they made New Blood, instead of rushing the ending.

Iron Lake also wasn’t a good long term setting for the show. One serial killer for Dexter to take out lives there was a stretch but I suppose I can somewhat buy it. It’s not a place like Miami or somewhere larger where crime is more rampant.

Light reading and inspiration for Dexter Morgan, not that he needs it.

Attachments

• 20240728_164442.jpg
    20240728_164442.jpg
    937.4 KB · Views: 0
I never said it was great, just that the season was easily better than season 8, which was a disgrace.

The main problem with New Blood is it felt like it should have got a second season. Dexter and Harrison finally started bonding in episode 9, and it was quality Dexter content. But then in episode 10 they just backtracked all of it in the space of a few minutes and then had Harrison murder his own dad, not to mention the Angel Batista tease that went nowhere, and STILL having no payoff whatsoever in terms of Miami Metro finding out who he really was. A second season with Dexter on the run with Harrison, with Batista, Quinn, Masuka after them could have been amazing.

Instead we got a rushed terrible ending and now they are retconning it and rebooting it again because everybody hated it. Michael C Hall even said in a new interview that Dexter: Resurrection could potentially last for several seasons.... like, they should have thought about that when they made New Blood, instead of rushing the ending.
my point was that season 8 and new blood are awful compared to the first 4 seasons. even season 5 and 7 are better than new blood.

yes season 8 was terrible ( even if I enjoy it ) but new blood was also awful outside of season 8.

you were comparing season 8 to new blood, but if you remove season 8 from the equation, new blood becomes the worst Dexter season of all

my point was that season 8 and new blood are awful compared to the first 4 seasons. even season 5 and 7 are better than new blood.

yes season 8 was terrible ( even if I enjoy it ) but new blood was also awful outside of season 8.

you were comparing season 8 to new blood, but if you remove season 8 from the equation, new blood becomes the worst Dexter season of all
Nope. New Blood wasn't awful, the ending was awful. The season was good, even great at times. And if you remove season 8 from the equation, season 6 is the worst. Season 6 was absolutely dumb AF. It was so stupid and sloppy, felt like they got some writers from a bad horror movie.

And as for season 7... that season also has many flaws. Half of season 7 is GREAT - Isaac Serko, Debra and Dexter scenes, that mini-boss who dressed like a bull, Laguerta investigating Dexter and trying to avenge Doakes. Great stuff. But there's the other half of screentime in season 7 being dedicated to the Hannah BS. I didn't believe in their relationship for a second, or how Dexter was supposedly madly in love with her because.... she's hot?? The writing around that entire relationship was horrendous, and was a preview of what was to come in season 8.

Season 5 is good, but feels a little off. You can easily tell there's a new showrunner and the ending just pressed the reset button on every single plot thread from the season in order for them to milk more seasons out of it. Oh yeah, and the Dexter and Lumen romance was forced too. They always seemed determined to put Dexter in a relationship for some reason, and have him act like he's in romeo and juliet. It would have made sense for the character and show if he didn't get into anymore relationships after Rita died.

Nope. New Blood wasn't awful, the ending was awful. The season was good, even great at times. And if you remove season 8 from the equation, season 6 is the worst. Season 6 was absolutely dumb AF. It was so stupid and sloppy, felt like they got some writers from a bad horror movie.

And as for season 7... that season also has many flaws. Half of season 7 is GREAT - Isaac Serko, Debra and Dexter scenes, that mini-boss who dressed like a bull, Laguerta investigating Dexter and trying to avenge Doakes. Great stuff. But there's the other half of screentime in season 7 being dedicated to the Hannah BS. I didn't believe in their relationship for a second, or how Dexter was supposedly madly in love with her because.... she's hot?? The writing around that entire relationship was horrendous, and was a preview of what was to come in season 8.

Season 5 is good, but feels a little off. You can easily tell there's a new showrunner and the ending just pressed the reset button on every single plot thread from the season in order for them to milk more seasons out of it. Oh yeah, and the Dexter and Lumen romance was forced too. They always seemed determined to put Dexter in a relationship for some reason, and have him act like he's in romeo and juliet. It would have made sense for the character and show if he didn't get into anymore relationships after Rita died.

but you keep pointing out the problems with season 5 or season 7 and the problems with season 6, which everyone can agree with, I won't even defend the problems with season 5 or 6 or 7,

but then you keep defending new blood outside of the ending. but new blood had so many more problems that season 5 or 7. but like I was saying before,

new blood lacks an interesting cast, I barely just remember the cop lady, and Dexter's annoying coworker, and I couldn't even tell you their names, I remember Harrison's annoying friends.
the cast of new blood was awful, the villain was played by a great actor but he was underwhelming. I'm not being controversial or being a contrarian
but the villains of season 5 and 7 were more interesting and memorable than the guy from new blood.
this all obviously comes down to personal taste
some people will always hate seasons 5 and 6 plus 7.

but new blood was so forgettable. it was like wasted potential. I have no interest in even revisiting it. no amazing sequences come to mind.
nothing great that Dexter did. nothing outstanding.

Ugh...

They better not try to say he's somehow still alive after what happened at the end of new blood. That would be so lame.

I dunno, maybe have him as the voice inside Harrison's head like Dexter's dad was to him or something like that.

but you keep pointing out the problems with season 5 or season 7 and the problems with season 6, which everyone can agree with, I won't even defend the problems with season 5 or 6 or 7,

but then you keep defending new blood outside of the ending. but new blood had so many more problems that season 5 or 7. but like I was saying before,

new blood lacks an interesting cast, I barely just remember the cop lady, and Dexter's annoying coworker, and I couldn't even tell you their names, I remember Harrison's annoying friends.
the cast of new blood was awful, the villain was played by a great actor but he was underwhelming. I'm not being controversial or being a contrarian
but the villains of season 5 and 7 were more interesting and memorable than the guy from new blood.
this all obviously comes down to personal taste
some people will always hate seasons 5 and 6 plus 7.

but new blood was so forgettable. it was like wasted potential. I have no interest in even revisiting it. no amazing sequences come to mind.
nothing great that Dexter did. nothing outstanding.
No, I'm just saying New Blood wasn't bad. It had problems, mainly to do with stupidity: Angela somehow working out Dexter was the BHB was ridiculous, they didn't even get the drug he used on his victims correct, Batista forgetting Harrison's name and the way he said it was soooooo stupid, Batista being teased only to pay off into nothing was insulting, Dexter killed an innocent man way too quickly in the finale, him and Harrison should have talked properly earlier, etc. There's plenty of flaws with New Blood, but it was still a good season until the ending. Season 5 was also good, like i said. And season 7 was half great and half bad. Season 6 is just a mess. Season 8 is TERRIBLE and really boring.

At least New Blood didn't have half its screentime taken up by an awful character like Hannah. Season 7 also has more high points than New Blood though.

No, I'm just saying New Blood wasn't bad. It had problems, mainly to do with stupidity: Angela somehow working out Dexter was the BHB was ridiculous, they didn't even get the drug he used on his victims correct, Batista forgetting Harrison's name and the way he said it was soooooo stupid, Batista being teased only to pay off into nothing was insulting, Dexter killed an innocent man way too quickly in the finale, him and Harrison should have talked properly earlier, etc. There's plenty of flaws with New Blood, but it was still a good season until the ending. Season 5 was also good, like i said. And season 7 was half great and half bad. Season 6 is just a mess. Season 8 is TERRIBLE and really boring.

At least New Blood didn't have half its screentime taken up by an awful character like Hannah. Season 7 also has more high points than New Blood though.
you even mentioned things of the new blood that I forgot. that's how forgettable new blood was.
I forgot the stuff you mentioned it. it was worst that I thought.

but many years later, season 5 , 6 and 7 are bright in my memory. I remember most of it. I remember.

you even mentioned things of the new blood that I forgot. that's how forgettable new blood was.
I forgot the stuff you mentioned it. it was worst that I thought.

but many years later, season 5 , 6 and 7 are bright in my memory. I remember most of it. I remember.
Thats you. I remember every season. Season 6 was sloppy as hell and dumb, while having some entertaining moments.

Thats you. I remember every season. Season 6 was sloppy as hell and dumb, while having some entertaining moments.
well I hope the new season is nothing like new blood
that's mainly my main point. new blood was dark and gritty and serious and no fun allowed. everyone was serious everyone was moody, even the sets were dark
that's not the Dexter I liked lol. we have no idea what's gonna happen. but I hope they take it back to Miami or California or something.
Dexter belongs in the sun on the beach

I completely expected Dexter to be coming back as Harrison's Dark Passenger, but it does sound like they are going to have him survive his gunshot wound at the end of New Blood. I don't even know how that would happen considering as he looked dead and the cop was right there. Plus his secret was out that he's the Bay Harbour Butcher.

It's quite bizarre that they are going for a 3rd show following Dexter. Did they figure with the negativity of how New Blood ended that they would try it again? It's just strange to me.

Back