DST Launches Star Trek 1/4 Scale Mixed Media Line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm curious about these being posable too - I have visions of the 1/4 scale Spiderman with 1000 articulation points.

I love that figure...

Anyways, no buy for me unless they do a Sisko, and it took them 6 years for them to do one in the correct uniform in the 7in scale so im not gunna be looking for one for awhile

I'm guessing these will be big plastic action figures like the Neca Epic Scale line only with real clothes rather than higher end Premium Format figures similar to Sideshow. Based on that I'm also going to assume these won't cost $200+ dollars.

i thought they were gunna cost something like $75 or so. That was the price for the indy if im not mistaken.

Man, another disappoinment for the Star Trek line. I would buy more statues if they looked good. I love my 7 of 9, but wish she had more company. :(

I think we can all agree that looks NOTHING like Shatner. Looks like they were sculpting Captain Pike and the sculptor changed his mind halfway through.

I think the idea of a high quality 1/4 figure is kind of cool... but these so far all look terribel and not worth even half the MSRP of $69.99.

The only thing I think I may buy is if they can make a really good Stormtrooper or Vader... but I seriously doubt they'll do justice to either.

Everyone looks like they're copying Sideshow now.
I don't expect much form DST, I don't like any of the new stuff they've done, the Trek busts look horrible.
But I like that they'd have actual articulation. It may compromise the sculpt a little so they better be careful. No one will pay a premium price for articulation over aesthetic on these things.

But this I think proves that Sideshow will never get the Trek license again. :monkey2

i have to say, i really love my carnage and gold electro iron man from dst. i really don't think dst is copying sideshow because of the materials used, until ss comes up with the subjects others have done successfully.

Back