Endoskull Roll Call...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi guys I'm just about to do my 1st international order with Sideshow on the Combat, can anyone confirm the process, when ordering, I just received a email asking to send personal info ID-CC etc. Is this correct? just making sure it's legit.. sound stupid for asking..LOL thanks in advance

for internationals i believe you have to do that. i remember sending ss a scan of my ID that shows my residential address that tallies with my CC billing address. But its a once off.

If in doubt, give them a call over the phone :D

good luck with the endo man.

And I think it looks just great, tylerdurden gave great advice..
You might want to google "applying screen protector", and you'll find some technics how people do that, this what you do is very similar!

cheers, toni. :)

Thanks for the advice guys. Center out might help instead of side to side. You're right, the surface is a tiny bit textured, and so is the sticker sheet for some reason. Thankfully, the sticker glue is strong enough to hold in place with normal handling, but easy enough to repeel off if I want to. The sticker is actually pretty thick and doesn't get damaged by grabbing the edge with a fingernail.

no problem, surfer.

do post some more pics when you're done, ya.

Thanks guys, this is my 1st order it's a form to fax to them though. I've entered all the details on my online account, and this is an International Id form, sound familiar?

I'm in Aus too & didn't need to fill out an "International Id form". But I've had an account for 12 months or so, must be new.

Silent, that sticker looks great. I'll have to do something similar on mine, looks heaps better than the big ugly "T2". The guys at work have a vinyl sign cutting system, will have to see what they can do.

HPIM5174.jpg
That is AWESOME looking. Nice job!

Well, I couldn't avoid f'ing up the original logo apps on this thing, so I wiped it off completely. Besides, having an awesome replica piece like this is more enjoyable when I can pretend it's a product directly from Cyberdyne, and not a recreation of a movie prop with the trademarked movie logo on it. In short, I always wanted to replace the logo anyway. Using the above custom logo as a model, I used Photoshop and some Terminator fonts from the net, and I made this.

HPIM5176.jpg

Trying to prevent 100% of the aribubbles is a pain in the ass, but I got it to an acceptable visual point for now.

HPIM5174.jpg

Anybody got any good tips for bubble-free sticker applications? My other idea was to do this on silver foil sticker paper, but where the hell do I find that?

Looks MUCH better than the original "name plate"!

Do you want to share that custom logo with us? Do you still have it as a BMP or JPG picture? Looks great!

And how did you print it to vinyl or foil? Normal printer?

In Germany you can buy a foil for designing your own front plate for devices. it's silver/aluminum looking foil that you can print on with a laser- or inkjetprinter. I want to use this for the name plate.

Do you want to share that custom logo with us? Do you still have it as a BMP or JPG picture? Looks great!

In Germany you can buy a foil for designing your own front plate for devices. it's silver/aluminum looking foil that you can print on with a laser- or inkjetprinter. I want to use this for the name plate.

A BMP or JPG picture would be great if you are willing to share SS.
I could get this laser etched at work on stainless steel.

The sticker paper I used is actually kind of hard to find, but I think silver foil would be even better. I couldn't find any fast enough though. I did print this on my normal inkjet printer (with the appropriate settings of course).

A BMP or JPG picture would be great if you are willing to share SS.
I could get this laser etched at work on stainless steel.

Now that would be very cool.

Sounds like there is a lot of interest in this logo. Perhaps I should sell them:naughty. Check for a PM Nacho.

Sounds like there is a lot of interest in this logo. Perhaps I should sell them:naughty. Check for a PM Nacho.

I would buy a few.

More if you made a version that didn't have the last lines of Terminator & model/series. Be cool to stick on a car back windshield.

Instead of printing the Cyberdyne nameplate on transculent sticky paper why not just have a local shop make you a set of vinyl decals? I don't really see any downside of doing that.

Are vinyl decals the window cling kind? Those aren't actually adhesive, are they?

I would buy a few.

More if you made a version that didn't have the last lines of Terminator & model/series. Be cool to stick on a car back windshield.

I still have the Photoshop file. I could easily modify the logo if you like. It would look great with just the Pyramid and "Cyberdyne Systems Corporation" too.

Back