Executive Replicas 2001 Space Odyssey Astronauts

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I paid for my figures last Sunday and its been a few days since I got a shipping notice. I think it may because of the holidays/New Years.

Monsters in Motion mentions a March 14 shipping date. I bought mine direct from the ExecutiveReplicas.com website, so I'm wondering what the ship date is supposed to be? Any official word in the email you received??

it says March 14th on Monsters in Motion but I just paid upfront my bowman and Poole last week. I think those that bought directly from ER will get them shipped from the factory and everyone else will have to wait? Not sure if I am right on this.

Might be ordering Dave. One of my favorite Kubrick films and Sci-Fi in general. It's timeless. Probably the only 1/6 2001 we'll see in who knows how long. Would do them all if I can figure something out. :pray:

Man, these are great. But the prices are absolute killer. :gah:

I understand, but considering this is likely a small run with a lot of hand crafted stitching of the suits with tiny detail work I was kind of surprised it was not more. $379.99 USD is still affordable. I half expected this to run about a 1/3 higher. Still considering getting a second one…Bowman to put on the 1/6 scale Eva Pod arms.

I think some of the low priced Hot Toys figures had us spoiled to expect low prices.

I like the head sculpt on the 2001 astronaut figures, but the promo pics of the head paint app seems a bit dark in certain areas. Maybe the shipping ones will look better.

Still, these are the most accurate releases out there thanks to Executive Replicas and the aide of our own member Anthrapoid.

I understand, but considering this is likely a small run with a lot of hand crafted stitching of the suits with tiny detail work I was kind of surprised it was not more. $379.99 USD is still affordable. I half expected this to run about a 1/3 higher. Still considering getting a second one…Bowman to put on the 1/6 scale Eva Pod arms.

I think some of the low priced Hot Toys figures had us spoiled to expect low prices.

I like the head sculpt on the 2001 astronaut figures, but the promo pics of the head paint app seems a bit dark in certain areas. Maybe the shipping ones will look better.

Still, these are the most accurate releases out there thanks to Executive Replicas and the aide of our own member Anthrapoid.

Yeah, with how limited these are the price isn't all that unexpected. And that is what I'm worried about. Can't just have Dave... :lol

Hopefully the sculpts look great, and materials too. Very excited about these and the fact that they are even happening.

These will sell out fast- I need to get Poole as I have a couple Bowmans ordered. Wish they would do Floyd in silver suit and baffled why this wasn't first- or just a generic face in the silver suit. Hope they do the Pod though!

These will sell out fast- I need to get Poole as I have a couple Bowmans ordered. Wish they would do Floyd in silver suit and baffled why this wasn't first- or just a generic face in the silver suit. Hope they do the Pod though!

Yes, these will sell out fast and double in price afterward. Might have to invest in a half dozen of these. Better returns than the bank these days.

My biggest wish would be for the silver suit too.

Ordered Bowman on BigBad. Can't make myself buy the others at this price unfortunately... and his also the only figure still available in BB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Considering how much the Twinch Suits retail for it does not look cheap!. This ebay auction I was checking out goes for $2,500 usd. Just for the suit and no figure. I am pretty sure that the Bowmen and Poole will sell like Hot Cakes. You will see the price go on up on them in the next year or the next couple of months. They will be very sought after! I may have to pick up the blue suit. Who has gotten them shipped from Executive Replicas Yet?

Link to Twinch Suit ebay auction: Twinch Squad 2001 A Space Odyssey Movie Space Suit | eBay

When I get my Dave, I'm considering making a fully lit diorama of the HAL logic center with Dave floating inside it, deactivating HAL. Exec Rep told me that a green suit is coming later, so I could switch the red helmet and gloves for the green ones for scene-specific accuracy.

When I get my Dave, I'm considering making a fully lit diorama of the HAL logic center with Dave floating inside it, deactivating HAL. Exec Rep told me that a green suit is coming later, so I could switch the red helmet and gloves for the green ones for scene-specific accuracy.

A 2001 Christmas miracle!!:goodpost:

I ordered on 8/15 direct from ER and still have no email requesting the balance payment. Not getting impatient at all, just curious as to the inconsistencies in the processing.

I just bought the Keir Dullea on Executive Replicas a few days back and I paid in full. Is there a partial payment option. I'd dearly love to get Bowman and the Blue suit. Not to mention the rumored Heywood Silver suit.

I ordered on 8/15 direct from ER and still have no email requesting the balance payment. Not getting impatient at all, just curious as to the inconsistencies in the processing.

I did not get a shipping notice.Who knows maybe it got shipped? Ive been checking outside my door if a package was left. He said he would ship DHL. I am waiting for a surprise one of these days.

My thing is I don't know what to display with Dave if I only get him.

Due to the prices of these figures, I'm only getting Dave. My plan is to display him in front of a 1/6 scale monolith... despite, if memory serves, suited Dave never appearing on-screen with the monolith. Still, it seems like an appropriate setup in my head.

Back