EXO-6 Star Trek "The Wrath of Khan" Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not that surprising. Pretty sure that’s always been the plan for The Wrath of Khan lineup. The plan wasn’t to get the full crew. Supposedly we’re getting the full crew in movie uniforms based off their appearances in The Undiscovered Country.
You know, Undiscovered Country is a solid choice for presenting the full crew in their final appearance. I'm bummed that TWOK con't at least include Scotty since he had several special moments in that film and I will definitely feel his absence in the display.

My guess is that since EXO is touting all of the metal parts that went into the TWOK uniform (I know this was mostly to do with the Regula One jacket, but one can hope) that the shoulder clasp may be functional (at least in some way, unlikely that it would work like the actual clasp on the 1:1 uniforms being so tiny).

I think the larger question is, will that uniform flap fold down and STAY down for the classic look everyone wants. I'd say that the chances of that are slim to none. The fabric looks far too thick and firm for that to work. There would have to be some sort of a Velcro or catch to hold the flap in place after you unclipped it from the shoulder for any chance of this working at all.

But the biggest piece of evidence that this open flap look is unlikely to be possible is that this option is not highlighted at all in any of the promo materials. I this were a feature of the uniform, they would definitely be showing it off. I at least hope that the uniform material is the proper color by division on the inside so that brave customizers (in other words not me) might at least have a chance of making this work.

But hey, there's always PhotoShop as a last resort 😇
Yeah we know how specific Nanjin likes to be with character looks, so with this being described as the "Kobayashi Maru" version he probably saw no reason to include that option for her.

I definitely hope he finds a way to make it possible for Kirk and McCoy though (even if it means having a whole separate jacket with the flap hanging down), since it's such a cool look. Especially McCoy, as being loose and casual is so much a part of his character, and it would almost seem weird displaying him fully buttoned up.

Last edited:
Don’t mean to dominate the discussion with these digital edits, but here is my final render. The original EXO sculpt is quite strong, but what if the final production piece narrows the face slightly, accentuates her eyes and eyebrows a bit, and brings her ears slightly closer to her head?

This is my final version/suggestion:

IMG4506.jpeg

I think the biggest plus in your rendition are with the eyes. Those will always be the main aspect of any sculpt in capturing the real person.

Unfortunately, there's no way that EXO-6 will come anywhere close to those eyes. At this point, I celebrate it as a win if they are both looking in the same direction.

I took a step back and there was my wife behind me. "You're NOT going to pay $270 for that Cheers actress just because she is wearing a jacket. Come on, enough is enough.":(
And this, folks, is another example of why you don’t EVER combine finances with your spouse. My wife and I split bills based on income percentage (we don’t even have a shared account). Any money left over is ours to do with as we please. I don’t b!@#h about her shoes, purses, clothes, etc., and she doesn’t b!@#h about my extremely expensive “Barbies”.

Never gave this any thought before, but it's a little odd that they changed into those heavy landing party jackets just to visit a space station. Obviously they came in handy later when beaming down to the planet, but they had no reason to know at the time that they'd be doing that... :unsure:

Last edited:
Never gave this any thought before, but it's a little odd that they changed into those heavy landing party jackets just to visit a space station. Obviously they came in handy later when beaming down to the planet, but they had no reason to know at the time that they'd be doing that... :unsure:
Yeah, but they looked cool!

Never gave this any thought before, but it's a little odd that they changed into those heavy landing party jackets just to visit a space station. O... :unsure:

80h8ht.gif

They also for some reason all wore heavy, stiff, red doublle-brested uniform jackets while in doors.Yet had perfecly comfertable shirts uderneath, reminicent of the calssic SF designation colors. :wink1:

Last edited:
I wonder if when Kirk, Spock and Bones are released if buying an extra Kirk/Bones with jacket would allow me to put that jacket on a second Spock.
I assume the Spock won't come with a jacket as he did not wear one in the movie. I would need to buy 2x Spock, 2x Kirk and 2x Bones.

Is there much difference between jackets in terms of rank and department insignia?

It looks like Spock's jacket has a magnet within the lining. so leaving it partially open is possible. Spock, Saavik and the chair all look great.

They’ve already taken my advice on Saavik. Looks like they’ve narrowed her face a good bit.

I think she looks sensational now!

All that’s missing is a bit of skin texture I’d say.

View attachment 666578View attachment 666579
I am convinced that their photographer just uses too wide angle of a lens for the official photos. That’s why every single release has looked better in hand tbh.

They’ve already taken my advice on Saavik. Looks like they’ve narrowed her face a good bit.

I think she looks sensational now!

All that’s missing is a bit of skin texture I’d say.

View attachment 666578View attachment 666579
I'd be surprised if they made any corrections this fast. It could just be that the previous photos were making the head look a bit wider than it really was.

In any case the figure looks incredible and makes me even more tempted now to order a second...

Back