EXO-6 Star Trek "The Wrath of Khan" Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’d be surprised if the official product doesn’t look exactly like yours to be honest - nice job. 👍

Yup my Geordi box art was just about dead on except for the XS and I believe his name is in Title Case, for example Geordi La Forge instead of how I had it in caps. I had based that part on the Data box art but then realized Data was in all caps I guess because he's a robot.

Anyway, thanks for the kind words guys, I really appreciate it. I ended up deleting them just to avoid any issues. I guess I'll just keep them to myself but I will be making one for every TNG figure :)

Not quite sure what the story is with these samples. They came from an IG Account for Viola_Wittrocka, who claims that this/these are paint-ups made FOR EXO-6, so my assumption is that this/these may be paint masters for the factory artists, but my dream is that this is a sample of what we’ll get in the box, because this looks STUNNING! Look at those eyes!

IMG_8638.jpeg

IMG_8640.jpeg
IMG_8641.jpeg
IMG_8642.jpeg

Last edited:
Claims...odd use of a term that implies some doubt (the doubt comes later).

That is indeed a paint master. Viola has also done the paint masters for TNG Picard (looks better in her pics than the official preorder photos), as well as Mondo's MacReady from The Thing, and she is also currently working on prototype paint for JazzInc's licensed Batman Returns Catwoman. One can logically assume that she's done/working on other paint masters for Exo-6, but she's not allowed to show them yet, because they haven't been put up for preorder. Viola is one of the most talented and skilled painters in the game.
The unfortunate thing about that Saavik is that it's entirely possible (and perhaps very likely) that Exo-6's factory painters can't match that.

Claims...odd use of a term that implies some doubt (the doubt comes later).

That is indeed a paint master. Viola has also done the paint masters for TNG Picard (looks better in her pics than the official preorder photos), as well as Mondo's MacReady from The Thing, and she is also currently working on prototype paint for JazzInc's licensed Batman Returns Catwoman. One can logically assume that she's done/working on other paint masters for Exo-6, but she's not allowed to show them yet, because they haven't been put up for preorder. Viola is one of the most talented and skilled painters in the game.
The unfortunate thing about that Saavik is that it's entirely possible (and perhaps very likely) that Exo-6's factory painters can't match that.

For sure.

I appreciate the back story. Not being familiar with her work led to my initial skepticism. I thought I was reasonably familiar with almost all of the painters in this niche hobby to at least a passing extent and this is also the first time I had heard of outside parties working with EXO for Paint Masters. So I stand corrected. She seems to do some amazing work!

But at the same time I’m happy to have discovered her, I’m also disappointed because I was allowing myself the idea that this was perhaps an in-house paint master at EXO. But now understanding the full story, it’s pretty obvious that the EXO factory won’t be able to TOUCH this.

But, I also see the truly next level job they did on production Pike, so there’s at least a chance that perhaps I’ll be delightfully surprised!

Not quite sure what the story is with these samples. They came from an IG Account for Viola_Wittrocka, who claims that this/these are paint-ups made FOR EXO-6, so my assumption is that this/these may be paint masters for the factory artists, but my dream is that this is a sample of what we’ll get in the box, because this looks STUNNING! Look at those eyes!

View attachment 708730

View attachment 708726View attachment 708727View attachment 708728
One can only dream...cause that don't look like factory paint to me!

It seems that EX-0 forgot about the WOK line lol. Actually I figure the bar for these will be very high and getting those likenesses right is gonna be a challenge.

I feel like TWOK and TOS in general is being pushed back because Nanjin assumes that those figures will sell no matter what anyways. Probably will be a while before we see anything. I’d like to be wrong though.

I feel like TWOK and TOS in general is being pushed back because Nanjin assumes that those figures will sell no matter what anyways. Probably will be a while before we see anything. I’d like to be wrong though.
He might be stockpiling funds to make them in sufficient quantities as well.

I'm also wondering if there will be a noticeable price hike on these figures when we finally make it to the TWOK big three or four and the TOS main crew. NT never gave me the impression that maximizing profit margins was a major consideration for the company, but if these two lines, along with possibly a TUC release or two is really the swan song for EXO and at the same time knowing how much passion there is in the community for these particular figures, the way would seem to be paved for any traditionally operating company to leverage some easy profiteering!

That said, even with the ample (and justifiable) criticism many of us have heaped on NT, I think I'd be surprised if he went down this path. For all his idoisyncrasies and hypersensitivity to anything he perceives as critical to himself, his plan, or the company, I think significantly hiking prices for these releases would be as offensive to him and they might be to us (even though we'd probably pay it anyway!).

Yeah I can't see him ever charging more than he absolutely needs to. Although it would still suck to have to pay more for those later figures just based on normal rising costs or inflation. Especially since so many of those TOS and TNG figures will probably be just as barebones as the VOY crew.

Yeah I can't see him ever charging more than he absolutely needs to. Although it would still suck to have to pay more for those later figures just based on normal rising costs or inflation. Especially since so many of those TOS and TNG figures will probably be just as barebones as the VOY crew.
I don’t know about that. LaForge came with his engineering tool kit. Data came with 2 heads, 2 cats. I think for the TNG and TOS crews he’s going to throw in things that are fun and make sense.

I don’t know about that. LaForge came with his engineering tool kit. Data came with 2 heads, 2 cats. I think for the TNG and TOS crews he’s going to throw in things that are fun and make sense.
If you paid more for the Standard Editions of those then you got more accessories. Otherwise they were as barebones as the VOY figures.

If you paid more for the Standard Editions of those then you got more accessories. Otherwise they were as barebones as the VOY figures.
Yes but that was your choice if you did that. Otherwise they did come with accessories. Zero reason to think TNG or TOS will be barebones.

Yes but that was your choice if you did that. Otherwise they did come with accessories. Zero reason to think TNG or TOS will be barebones.
I understand, but it’s not like EXO is being generous with what they’re offering. You pay a lower price point and get a fairly bare bones set or you pay a pretty good markup to get accessories that most of us would want/expect in the first place. Geordi not coming with his engineering kit is the biggest example.

I understand, but it’s not like EXO is being generous with what they’re offering. You pay a lower price point and get a fairly bare bones set or you pay a pretty good markup to get accessories that most of us would want/expect in the first place. Geordi not coming with his engineering kit is the biggest example.
Thats not what we are talking about though.

Especially since so many of those TOS and TNG figures will probably be just as barebones as the VOY crew.

Thats the quote I was addressing. Speculation that TOS and TNG will be barebones like Voyager. And how it will suck to pay more for figures that are barebones.

Will they have Standard and rational editions, probably, but there is no evidence they will be just barebones.

Thats not what we are talking about though.

Especially since so many of those TOS and TNG figures will probably be just as barebones as the VOY crew.

Thats the quote I was addressing. Speculation that TOS and TNG will be barebones like Voyager. And how it will suck to pay more for figures that are barebones.

Will they have Standard and rational editions, probably, but there is no evidence they will be just barebones.
Bare bones in the sense that they’re coming with the bare minimum- phaser, tricorder, and maybe a PADD. Accessories that once made are essentially throw in accessories for all characters.

I get what you’re saying but we’re looking at it from different perspectives. I just think TNG’s popularity is being used to take advantage of fans a bit. I imagine the same will happen with TOS.

Its safe to assume that top tier Standard releases likely offer greater profitability to EXO which directly supports their ability to make investments (such as that mold facility NT recently mentioned which is permitting them to make things such as the Borg Alcove). It makes sense to incentivize purchases in that direction.

It’s likely a necessity for the longevity of the line and to make complete crews a reality, an extra $40 spread across several months is a small inconvenience to keep things rolling. I can see how it would be a bigger issue for someone collecting everything though.

I’ve ordered Standard on every TNG release that has offered it, everyone’s priorities are different so it is nice that they offer the lower tier option as well.

Back