First look @ Star wars #1 variant cover by Joe Quesada

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The comic is top notch, but the price is definitely high. IF that Leia comic is $4 a pop, I would expect that title to die a very quick death. Vader comic looks fantastic as well

Ok thanks........

i wish Marvel would copy Walking Dead and put their ads all at the end, and not sprinkled throughout...for $4 an issue, i should not be seeing ads everywhere, but alas....I digress

I've heard that some of these covers are more limited than the others. Not sure if this is even true, but if so, is there a place that lists how many of each were published?

search comicbookresources.com. I believe they had the variant numbers listed

Thanks for the link, however, that site is next to impossible to navigate. I've heard it was 3000 for the variants and 1500 for the black/white covers. Just looking to confirm is all.

Picked up Star Wars #1 and #2 at Heroes Haven here in Tampa. I was shocked to see that my local store actually had it's own variant.

star-wars-1-2015-heroes-haven-giant-size-x-men-perkins-exclusive.jpg

So naturally I picked it up. I asked the store owner what they had to do to get their own variant cover and he said order at least 3000 copies and pay an extra fee for the new cover commission.

I told my 5 year old son that he could get any comic in the store that was selling for retail price and he asked for the new Sandman. I said, "okay dude, you're not ready for that yet, pick something else." :lol His next choice was this one:

star-wars-vol-4-1-cover-h-variant-connecting-skottie-young-baby.jpg

So it was kind of fun to walk out of the store with the same comic as my boy.

I think this series is great! I'd probably nitpick it if these were movies but even having Luke meet Vader in the first issue so soon after blowing up the Death Star it just seemed like something the original Marvel series or Boba Fett Holiday Special cartoon would do.

John Cassaday's art is great, he really captures the likenesses of the actors well. And I could totally hear their voices speaking the dialogue. Great "everything goes to pot, they argue, crazy action ensues" story very much in the spirit of the OT. Can't wait for issue #3! :rock

Wow, your 5 year old son wanted to read Sandman.
What made him choose that comic, even thought he didn't get it.

It really seems like the purpose of this rebooted series is to retell the "in between" adventures of Han, Luke, and Leia post-ANH with the proper foreknowledge of what was coming in ESB and ROTJ (and possibly even TFA.) The original Marvel issues had to guess at what was coming in ESB and ROTJ so no doubt had to scramble to make their series re-align with the films with each new release. It'll be interesting to see how Marvel does it.

I just hope the prequel references are kept to a minimum (if not ignored entirely.)

Back