Furiosa (May 24, 2024)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess I like the whole guaranteed cult status thing but the fact that there's an almost guaranteed Furiosa/FR quality "Wasteland" that will just sit unfilmed forever really sucks. But by all means bring on the Rey movie. :cuckoo:

I guess I like the whole guaranteed cult status thing but the fact that there's an almost guaranteed Furiosa/FR quality "Wasteland" that will just sit unfilmed forever really sucks. But by all means bring on the Rey movie. :cuckoo:
That thought actually hurts.

Maybe Bezos will spend LOTR money and make the Wasteland series.
New villainous

Cleavage Cleaver

IMG_9585.jpeg

No, she didn't have the Furiosa name yet. That came after she established herself after she played "boy" for a long time.

I don't remember a scene where she got her name, nor where everyone accepted her around the work shop.

There were a few odd things skipped over... strange, because the movie was certainly long enough to accommodate those brief solutions.
She's called Furiosa in the very first scene.

How did Dune find an audience and not this. I don't understand. It's actually annoying.

We had no discussion like this after Dune aside from Chani memes.
Dune is a litterary classic that didn't have any previous successful adaptation(s) to compete with, which made the hype pretty real. I don't even like the story but I still wanted to see what Villeneuve could do with it (especially after Bladerunner 2049). Also the trailers looked really good. Max on the other hand has no disgruntled fanbase waiting for their hero to finally get his due. The franchise already produced two genre masterpieces going into Furiosa, which likely made even hardcore fans somewhat content and maybe also a bit skeptical. Then along came the trailer and had us all concerned about CG and budgetary constraints. But now we know, Furiosa kicked Dunes ass so hard it was heard accross both of their cinamatic universes. Keep spreading the good word folks - It's not over yet...

Dune is a litterary classic that didn't have any previous successful adaptation(s) to compete with, which made the hype pretty real. I don't even like the story but I still wanted to see what Villeneuve could do with it (especially after Bladerunner 2049). Also the trailers looked really good. Max on the other hand has no disgruntled fanbase waiting for their hero to finally get his due. The franchise already produced two genre masterpieces going into Furiosa, which likely made even hardcore fans somewhat content and maybe also a bit skeptical. Then along came the trailer and had us all concerned about CG and budgetary constraints. But now we know, Furiosa kicked Dunes ass so hard it was heard accross both of their cinamatic universes. Keep spreading the good word folks - It's not over yet...
Didn't Fallout do well? I would have thought that another bloody post-Apocalypse would have been riding some nice synergy with that.

Oh well, there's no denying that Dune was a technical masterpiece with pretty much flawless visuals throughout, at least with regard to CGI, but that's the only thing I'll give it over Furiosa.

I swear if Borderlands makes more than Furiosa I'm going to start flipping tables, lol.

Didn't Fallout do well? I would have thought that another bloody post-Apocalypse would have been riding some nice synergy with that.

Oh well, there's no denying that Dune was a technical masterpiece with pretty much flawless visuals throughout, at least with regard to CGI, but that's the only thing I'll give it over Furiosa.

I swear if Borderlands makes more than Furiosa I'm going to start flipping tables, lol.
Better nail those tables down now......

The tone, it's a comedy, it's got huge young person appeal due to the actors involved....

It's essentially fun for the masse and not
Much to think on.

Furiosa was the opposite,

Back