Godzilla Collectibles Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Especially when he rips that snakes mouth in half. :panic:

You read my mind! :D

kkege0.jpg

Ah. I'm always thrown off in GvD when Jr. shows up.

I watch the movies infrequently enough that I forget the plots from one viewing to the next.

Between "Space Godzilla" and "Destroyah", their home island literally explodes and the massive radiation mutates both Godzilla and Little Godzilla (into Godzilla, Jr.).

Then, at the end, when Godzilla himself melts down, the radiation transforms Junior into a new Godzilla.

That shot ain't exactly from Kong'76(try"King Kong Escapes").Have to admit that I'm about even between "76 and "05.The latter is over-loaded(yes, too much IS possible), the former a bit silly.Still,it's hard to ignore Jessica Lange in those shorts...PS

That shot ain't exactly from Kong'76(try"King Kong Escapes").Have to admit that I'm about even between "76 and "05.The latter is over-loaded(yes, too much IS possible), the former a bit silly.Still,it's hard to ignore Jessica Lange in those shorts...PS

Well, ****, if we're going there I'm pretty sure Kong literally pulled her top down!

Between "Space Godzilla" and "Destroyah", their home island literally explodes and the massive radiation mutates both Godzilla and Little Godzilla (into Godzilla, Jr.).

Then, at the end, when Godzilla himself melts down, the radiation transforms Junior into a new Godzilla.

That was one of the saddest moments I recall while watching any movie was the meltdown death of Godzilla. Toho did an excellent job of portraying the final moments of the King of the Monsters. :monkey2

Oh yeah! :love

That was one of the saddest moments I recall while watching any movie was the meltdown death of Godzilla. Toho did an excellent job of portraying the final moments of the King of the Monsters. :monkey2
True. I even recall, the background music added a lot to the emotions. Sad scene. :(

I knew someone would post this photo. :lol :yess:

Of course, :lol, could post the "reveal" but that's not appropriate here.

A very touching scene indeed.

True. I even recall, the background music added a lot to the emotions. Sad scene. :(

Music and Godzilla's own sounds are key. In my book, every Godzilla death scene has been really well done. The music and visuals in the original '54 film and his finally crying roar at the ocean surface just really work well. The "death" scene in '84 really works, though for once, the American version of it is better, the agonizing cry of Godzilla as he falls into the lava is just gut wrenching, you really feel sorry for him because it's such a painful cry, and the music works great. Same with '95, the music and Godzilla letting out one last roar as he melts to nothing is just very powerful.

Probably one of my most favorite still images in any G movie comes in '95 when you see reborn Junior set agains the glowing light just before cutting to credits, the silhoutte just looks like this massive, beast of a Godzilla, just like the '95 suit minus the glow, and it's just a great visual moment.

Well the 90s Godzilla was kind of a jerk, so I didn't feel that bad when he melted.

How? If you think he's a jerk, what do you think of the 1954 monster? :rotfl

But I echo Maulfan's analysis 100%. Each time Godzilla has kicked the bucket, he was given a king's treatment. I feel bad hating the fact that Godzilla dies in Gojira, after he killed so many people so ruthlessly, but watching him walk over to the divers before they deploy the Oxygen Destroyer, where he simply looks curious (and maybe a hint of playfulness?) when we all know what's about to go down is....rough. And it had to hurt like a *****.

But I echo Maulfan's analysis 100%. Each time Godzilla has kicked the bucket, he was given a king's treatment. I feel bad hating the fact that Godzilla dies in Gojira, after he killed so many people so ruthlessly, but watching him walk over to the divers before they deploy the Oxygen Destroyer, where he simply looks curious (and maybe a hint of playfulness?) when we all know what's about to go down is....rough. And it had to hurt like a *****.

Interesting point, in both '54 and '84, Godzilla slowly approaches his doom, and especially in '84, you get a sense he knows, and yet he still allows his fate to unfold.

Now, while we've been talking about death scenes, how about first appearance in a movie scenes. My personal favorite is him emerging from the volcano in Biollanted, perfect mix of visuals and music, love that scene.

Both were jerks. GMK Godzilla was a jerk as well.

Back