Gun collecting

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You mind I ask how much will the conversion cost? I was thinking about canceling my layaway and just purchase a converted S12 with rail and side wire folder.

It was $380 installed for the conversion and the picatinny quad rail was $90 or so. I also went with the AR style collapsable stock instead of the folding skeleton stock.

I do believe there are cheaper conversion kits out there though. Hope this helps.

It was $380 installed for the conversion and the picatinny quad rail was $90 or so. I also went with the AR style collapsable stock instead of the folding skeleton stock.

I do believe there are cheaper conversion kits out there though. Hope this helps.

Thanks, I just canceled the non converted S12 I had on layaway before I read your post. I hope I made the right decision. At first I was thinking of getting a side folder but it wouldn't be a good idea for a 12 gauge. The collapsible stock is the way to go but I went with the warsaw stock. Just went ahead with the SGL 12-61 model.

Yup...everyone's entitled to their own opinion and like a-holes...:dunno

umm, sorry for not liking your holster I guess? Feel free to insult me over it. :dunno

Thanks for the pic that thing looks awesome. I think my guy already ordered this breacher here https://www.chaosus.com/cgi/commerce.cgi?preadd=action&key=WARTHOG_BRAKE
but I do really like the one you showed me hmmm. Which do you prefer?

Also, I've seen one or two episodes of sons of guns. For awhile I was almost convinced that I needed a Kriss Vector because of that show.:lol

I have never tried either one, or even had the opportunity to shoot a Saiga, but in the show the Saiga people seemed really impressed by the Red Jacket Mojo brake.

umm, sorry for not liking your holster I guess? Feel free to insult me over it. :dunno

I have never tried either one, or even had the opportunity to shoot a Saiga, but in the show the Saiga people seemed really impressed by the Red Jacket Mojo brake.

Uhhh, where's the insult? You stated your opinion and I stated mine...and just like a-holes, we all got opinions :dunno

Not sure why that was considered an insult. :huh

Some people use the phrase "opinions are like a-holes, everyone has them and they all stink" as an antoginism. I figured that you had to be joking, but I can also see how someone, who hears that phrase used negatively as much as I have, can interpret it differently.

Picked up an AK at the show today. Planned on getting an Arsenal but really wasn't impressed with the one I saw. Grabbed a case of ammo too.

279B0CBD-16BF-4162-B304-EF77175FE475-6294-00000AFD9EE89670.jpg

While I'm posting picks here's the Ruger 1911 I bought last week.

6CDB1F87-A495-4A67-A625-9BE7289BD19B-6294-00000AFD98D1D11C.jpg

Also, I've seen one or two episodes of sons of guns. For awhile I was almost convinced that I needed a Kriss Vector because of that show.:lol

I know what you mean.
Sounds like you've reconsidered. I hope so. :D

The Kriss Vector, for lack of a better word, is pointless.

I'd never pick that firearm over a short-barreled CQB rifle, chambered for the .308 round. Hell, even for the .223 round.

Picked up an AK at the show today. Planned on getting an Arsenal but really wasn't impressed with the one I saw. Grabbed a case of ammo too.

279B0CBD-16BF-4162-B304-EF77175FE475-6294-00000AFD9EE89670.jpg

While I'm posting picks here's the Ruger 1911 I bought last week.

6CDB1F87-A495-4A67-A625-9BE7289BD19B-6294-00000AFD98D1D11C.jpg

Nice finish on that 1911. :hi5:

I'd like a similar one from Springfield Armory.

hey man!
yeah i had no idea that we were limited to 10 round mags! so yeah that does kinda effect the 9mm now.:mad:

ive been to the range atleast 10 times now and its still hard. haha i havent actually shot the compact just full size but, i have played around with one at folwers and the smaller grip does feel great.
ill have to check out the s&W.

im actuall considering a g21 gen four my uncle has one and it feels pretty nice to hold.
all i know is whatever i get im getting nightsights.

I'm not much of a Glock person myself, but owners swear by them as their SHTF firearm.

When looking for night sights, consider Trijicon's offerings.

Damn I can't make up my mind. At first I put a unconverted Saiga 12 on layaway, then canceled to order a Arsenal converted Saiga 12 then hopefully this is the last time, I canceled the Arsenal Saiga 12 and ordered the VEPR 12 with a extra 12 rounds stick.

Damn I can't make up my mind. At first I put a unconverted Saiga 12 on layaway, then canceled to order a Arsenal converted Saiga 12 then hopefully this is the last time, I canceled the Arsenal Saiga 12 and ordered the VEPR 12 with a extra 12 rounds stick.

LOL...That's gun collecting in a nutshell.:lol

Wow, all great shotguns.
I can't decide myself.

Glad I don't have your problem. :)

Honestly bro, you can't go wrong with any of those. :rock

I've got a wishlist that I finally had to put on paper, because it was getting a little long. I'm throwing much of it on the backburner in favor of getting the most out of my bushmaster AR-15. I picked up a few exploding targets ranging from 2lb's to 4 lb's and an ammo can with 840 rds of red tracer rounds. Will post videos once I decide what I'm blowing up! hehe

LOL...That's gun collecting in a nutshell.:lol

Wow, all great shotguns.
I can't decide myself.

Glad I don't have your problem. :)

Honestly bro, you can't go wrong with any of those. :rock

:lol Here's the key points why I got the VEPR 12
*Doesn't need to be converted through a distributer
*Self Regulating Gas System, so no changing of the settings needed
*Mag well is like the AR type not like the AK whre you have to tilt it in
*Factory Machined bolt assembly, gas blocks etc (not cast like other AK shotgun)
*Safety lever has a single finger operation
*Don't need no reliable kit or any work to shoot low pressure ammo
*There's less of the VEPR 12 than Saiga 12 on the market :monkey3
*And I found a promo code that saved me $52.95

F1VEPR12b.jpg

:lol Here's the key points why I got the VEPR 12
*Doesn't need to be converted through a distributer
*Self Regulating Gas System, so no changing of the settings needed
*Mag well is like the AR type not like the AK whre you have to tilt it in
*Factory Machined bolt assembly, gas blocks etc (not cast like other AK shotgun)
*Safety lever has a single finger operation
*Don't need no reliable kit or any work to shoot low pressure ammo
*There's less of the VEPR 12 than Saiga 12 on the market :monkey3

F1VEPR12b.jpg

Yeah, yeah, yeah.
This is all I would need to make a move for the VEPR:

:D

Back