Has Sideshow changed any statue before because of suggestions?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
M if you were to read back most of your posts on this board it would revolve around Thanos face and how you wish it would be changed.

Gee what gave me away? I guess you found me out, I freely admit it, I hate the face on this sculpt. Sideshow is not going to change it because I hate it, I already said they don't change things once it is previewed its almost set in stone. I can wish that they will change it but it doesn't mean they'll change it.

I have yet to see the perfect sculpt from any company and I accept this when I first started collecting. The beauty about collecting is that I could always find a sculptor that can resculpt the head if I really hate it and all will be well in the world of Makkari.:p

Do you have any Marvel examples? Becuase if this is the case then maybe there still is hope.:pray:

unfortunately I do not - it is very rare for SS to change anything and I do not know of a Marvel piece that had anything significantly changed after the fact. but no harm praying! :pray:

The only time I remember any significant changes to a product due to fan outcry was way back to Bespin Han's 12" figure. I remember seeing the updated sculpt with the tag about removing the catepillars which was directly from here. Since then though people flood every thread with changes and adjustments that by now its all just internet screaming in a wall. People went overboard and so even if they are lurking (which SSC and HT has admitted) they read so many critiques and photoshop changes that its all just lost in the usual BS.

Not to mention IF its sold out, then why change it? You've already made the number of people happy that you needed to. Many people _____ and moan about the changes who haven't even bother to PO it.

In my experience no, Sideshow has never changed a sculpt due to fan input. For example I think there is a 99.999% chance that Sideshow will not change Thanos' ugly face on that Diorama. If they do I'll eat my hat.

Here's ya edible hat...in case they change it.

flake-99-ice-cream-ascot-hat1.jpg

Agreed. Why change it for people who have not ordered it. Shouldn't they be more concerned about keeping those who have ordered it happy.

Im still waiting for SS to say something about the TOD Indy PF and if they will be changing his left hand to include a whip instead of just that awful looking sankara stone, but my guess is nothing will happen... they seem to be avoiding every question about it.
Actually SS hasnt answered any questions since like Aug 2nd or something..

When was this announced??

If you look at Sideshow's stock photos, her eyebrows are fairly thick and have kind of a Nike swoosh shape going on. On all of the pics that peeps have posted of Psylocke in person at SDCC, the eyebrows have been thinned slightly and made more natural looking. I apologize, but I don't have a pic right now.

If you look at Sideshow's stock photos, her eyebrows are fairly thick and have kind of a Nike swoosh shape going on. On all of the pics that peeps have posted of Psylocke in person at SDCC, the eyebrows have been thinned slightly and made more natural looking. I apologize, but I don't have a pic right now.

Really, I didn't notice.....I'll have to find a pic from sdcc unless someone has one handy to throw up :monkey3

Agreed. Why change it for people who have not ordered it. Shouldn't they be more concerned about keeping those who have ordered it happy.
How do you know that I didn't order it? I am contending that Sideshow is very reluctant to change things once they preview it and put it up for order. Some posters have sited that Sideshow has indeed changed things due to fan input or comments I just don't have any examples in my own collection. I did order the exclusive and I am saying that the sculpt looks great except for the face. I know Thanos is no prince charming but this face is ugly even by his standards. Tweaking the face won't hurt this sculpt at all.

Tweaking the face won't hurt this sculpt at all.

I bet if they did more people would keep their order. I can't conceive of why they would pic an iconic image from a specific series and not try to make it accurate to the reference material.

Back