Heath Ledger Joker Customs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think Yuan's work is getting worst lately, on his last xXx smilling sculpt he painted the tongue yellow for example.
My theory is that he might be tired of doing that character all the time.
I thought that were his bottom teeth as well. Hopefully it’s not my sculpt, I’m getting it painted the same way as that picture.

Honestly not acceptable for the price he charges. Will mostly likely go with Heise in the future, didn’t know Yuan blocked him after he taught him his methods.

I thought that were his bottom teeth as well. Hopefully it’s not my sculpt, I’m getting it painted the same way as that picture.

Honestly not acceptable for the price he charges. Will mostly likely go with Heise in the future, didn’t know Yuan blocked him after he taught him his methods.
Just make sure you tell him to him to fix it if he makes the same mistake.

Yup i've heard that too, he's stopping permanently to focus on sculpting.
IMG_5634.jpeg

Yup.. no more orders. That’s unfortunate

If that's true, it would be a huge loss to the community. Especially where Ledger customs are concerned. It would also leave Yuan as the sole artist on that peak without any competition. That's not good.
Unfortunatly it is happening and we can't do anything about it.
I hope John steps up in the futur to claim that spot. Especially after what I learnt about Yuan today.
I almost feel bad owning one of his sculpts now.
View attachment 710546

Yup.. no more orders. That’s unfortunate
I got told a few days ago about it but I didn't know if it was public knowledge so I kept my mouth shut.
It's a great loss for the community... But he's not gone completly, now i'm sure he will thrive in the sculpting side of the hobby and make some of the best sculpts we've seen.
I got told he would stop "forever" but let's Hope he will come back to painting one day.

Just make sure you tell him to him to fix it if he makes the same mistake.
Yeah I will. Maybe he didn’t completely finish painting of the mouth as it looks quite different compared to the arirang sample.

IMG_5637.jpeg
IMG_5636.jpeg

Teeth aren’t glossy, corners of the mouth seem unpainted and the tongue is the wrong color.

I kinda wish John's white paint had that "applied" texture letting the skin come through a little more. The ultra clean look is fine, but I do think the former works better for this sculpt.

Last edited:
Yeah I will. Maybe he didn’t completely finish painting of the mouth as it looks quite different compared to the arirang sample.

View attachment 710549View attachment 710550

Teeth aren’t glossy, corners of the mouth seem unpainted and the tongue is the wrong color.
Well I hope so for the person who will get this one.
I kinda wish John's white paint had that "applied" texture letting the skin come through a little more. The ultra clean look is fine, but I do think the former works better for this sculpt.
I've said that before but the thing I like the most with his painting style is that it looks like proper make-up was applied on skin.
I feel like Yuan and Heise way of doing it makes it look too thin almost like the white was actually his skin.

I'm probably completely biased though... I just completely click with John's vision on the painting for this character.
If feel like if I had the skills and talent to do it too I would do exactly like him.

I just spoke to Heise. He's tired. He's done. Wants to finish the work at hand and move on to newer things I suppose. Really nice guy though... Shame to lose him. I always wanted to own a piece of his work.

Who knows what the future holds..

Now.. if I can get a word from por about those shoes I didn't get.

It's already been a week..

I wonder how far this blunder extends. Did somebody else get my shoes? How many orders got confused with one another?

I don't know if there are different people running that account. It does feel like I'm talking to somebody else sometimes. He did seem really nice at first.

Now.. if I can get a word from por about those shoes I didn't get.

It's already been a week..

I wonder how far this blunder extends. Did somebody else get my shoes? How many orders got confused with one another?

I don't know if there are different people running that account. It does feel like I'm talking to somebody else sometimes. He did seem really nice at first.

There are multiple people running the account.

I have say, after seeing Heise's paint, it's dampened my excitement a little. Thing is, I want to go all the way with this sculpt. Heise dropped a bomb on our heads and decided to retire..

1719587898626.png

I prefer how John paints the reds, but the rest of Heise's approach fits better with what I'm going for. And Heise's rooting might make it even more desirable.

Back